More Wonders

Tips wonders for the game

I'm from Brazil. There is a time I follow this site, I really like this site. I decided to post some wonders here, This is my first top 10 then after I bring more wonders:

TOP 10:

1.Palace of Versailles

Spoiler :
The Palace of Versailles, or simply Versailles, is a royal château in Versailles in the Île-de-France region of France. In French it is the Château de Versailles.
When the château was built, Versailles was a country village; today, however, it is a wealthy suburb of Paris, some 20 kilometres southwest of the French capital. The court of Versailles was the centre of political power in France from 1682, when Louis XIV moved from Paris, until the royal family was forced to return to the capital in October 1789 after the beginning of the French Revolution. Versailles is therefore famous not only as a building, but as a symbol of the system of absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.

2.Burj Al Arab

Spoiler :
Burj Al Arab is a luxury hotel located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. At 321 m (1,053 ft), it is the fourth tallest hotel in the world. Burj Al Arab stands on an artificial island 280 m (920 ft) from Jumeirah beach and is connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge. The shape of the structure is designed to mimic the sail of a ship. Sometimes referred to as "the world's only seven-Star hotel", its star rating is disputed.

3. Milan Cathedral

Spoiler :
Milan Cathedral is the cathedral church of Milan, Italy. Dedicated to Santa Maria Nascente (Saint Mary Nascent), it is the seat of the Archbishop of Milan, currently Cardinal Angelo Scola.
The Gothic cathedral took nearly six centuries to complete. It is the fifth largest cathedral in the world and the largest in the Italian state territory.

4.Botanical Garden of Curitiba

Spoiler :
The Jardim Botânico de Curitiba, in Portuguese, or the Botanical Garden of Curitiba, in English, is also known as the "Jardim Botânico Fanchette Rischbieter". This is a park located in the city of Curitiba, the capital of the state of Paraná, and the biggest city in southern Brazil. It is the major tourist attraction and landmark of the city, and it houses part of the campus of the Federal University of Paraná.
Once the portal of entry, may be seen extensive gardens in the French style in the midst of fountains, waterfalls and lakes, and the main greenhouse of 458 square meters, which shelters in its interior, copies plants characteristic of tropical regions. It rolls out its carpet of flowers to the visitors right at the entrance. This occupies 240.000 m² in area.

5.Royal Liver Building

Spoiler :
The Royal Liver Building is a Grade I listed building located in Liverpool, England. It is sited at the Pier Head and along with the neighbouring Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building is one of Liverpool's Three Graces, which line the city's waterfront. It is also part of Liverpool's UNESCO designated World Heritage Maritime Mercantile City.
Opened in 1911, the building is the purpose-built home of the Royal Liver Assurance group, which had been set up in the city in 1850 to provide locals with assistance related to losing a wage-earning relative. One of the first buildings in the world to be built using reinforced concrete, the Royal Liver Building stands at 90 m (300 ft) tall. It was the tallest storied building in Europe from completion until 1934 and the tallest in the United Kingdom until 1961. The Royal Liver Building is now however only the joint-fourth tallest structure in the City of Liverpool, having been overtaken in height by West Tower, Radio City Tower and Liverpool Cathedral.

6.Tower Bridge

Spoiler :
Tower Bridge (built 1886–1894) is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London, over the River Thames. It is close to the Tower of London, from which it takes its name. Contrary to popular belief, the song "London Bridge is Falling Down" has nothing to do with Tower Bridge. They are completely different bridges. It has become an iconic symbol of London.
The bridge consists of two towers tied together at the upper level by means of two horizontal walkways, designed to withstand the horizontal forces exerted by the suspended sections of the bridge on the landward sides of the towers. The vertical component of the forces in the suspended sections and the vertical reactions of the two walkways are carried by the two robust towers. The bascule pivots and operating machinery are housed in the base of each tower. The bridge's present colour scheme dates from 1977, when it was painted red, white and blue for the Queen Elizabeth II's silver jubilee. Originally it was painted a mid greenish-blue colour.

7. The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian

Spoiler :
The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian, better known as the Metropolitan Cathedral of Rio de Janeiro, is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro. The cathedral is the See of the Metropolitan Archbishops of the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The church is dedicated to Saint Sebastian, the patron saint of Rio de Janeiro.
Designed by Edgar Fonceca in a modern style, the current Cathedral was built between 1964 and 1979 and replaced as seat of the Archdiocese a series of churches that had served as cathedrals since 1676, the most recent and notable of those being the Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel of the Ancient See, now known as the Old Cathedral, built in the 18th century, and that had been declared Rio's cathedral in the early 19th century.

8.Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius

Spoiler :

The Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius is the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual centre of the Russian Orthodox Church. The monastery is situated in the town of Sergiyev Posad, about 70 km to the north-east from Moscow by the road leading to Yaroslavl, and currently is home to over 300 monks.

9.Burj Khalifa

Spoiler :
Burj Khalifa, known as Burj Dubai prior to its inauguration, is a skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and is the tallest man-made structure in the world, at 829.8 m (2,722 ft).

Construction began on 21 September 2004, with the exterior of the structure completed on 1 October 2009. The building officially opened on 4 January 2010, and is part of the new 2 km2 (490-acre) development called Downtown Dubai at the 'First Interchange' along Sheikh Zayed Road, near Dubai's main business district.

10.Great Sphinx of Giza
Spoiler :

The Great Sphinx of Giza , commonly referred to as the Sphinx, is a limestone statue of a reclining or couchant sphinx (a mythical creature with a lion's body and a human head) that stands on the Giza Plateau on the west bank of the Nile in Giza, Egypt.
It is the largest monolith statue in the world, standing 73.5 metres (241 ft) long, 19.3 metres (63 ft) wide, and 20.22 m (66.34 ft) high. It is the oldest known monumental sculpture, and is commonly believed to have been built by ancient Egyptians of the Old Kingdom during the reign of the Pharaoh Khafra (c. 2558–2532 BC).

These are some tips wonders

Little more:
Saint Isaac's Cathedral
Spoiler :

Kizhi Pogost
Spoiler :

Ivolginsky datsan (Ivolga monastery - Etigel Khambin Temple)
Spoiler :

Tips wonders for the game

I'm from Brazil. There is a time I follow this site, I really like this site. I decided to post some wonders here, This is my first top 10 then after I bring more wonders:

TOP 10...

Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab had been done.

After digging around on the leaders I think we may have to add the art files to a DLC (a modder DLC perhaps?) but then have the xml etc as the mod. Do you still have your WIP for hte pantheon? I'll try it out.

I'm thinking that if you mod as is with graphics they won't show unless its in the dLC so you could release each wonder mod but have a separate "Wonders DLC" for those that want it to show in game.

Sorry for the stupid question, but after I download the file where to put it? I play civ 5 Gods and kings v.1.0.1.674 and dont use Steam.

But the Tokyo Sky Tree and St. Peter's Basilica were released after G&K. Could I have a bit more information please Xandinho? For example, what version your game is, if you're running with any other mods, where you downloaded it, that sort of thing

I have the game in version 1.0.0.17, I do not have the expansion G & K.

all the wonders appears in the expansion? or need to do anything?

If you don't have G&K, any or the most of Pouakai wonders won't work with your Civ because without G&K it works by Vanilla.

Moderator Action: Just a reminder that it is against the rules to discuss pirated versions of software on this site. A version that old and without STEAM support appears to be questionable.
From the rules:
Piracy:
We have zero tolerance for piracy. This includes posting pirated material, linking to pirated material, telling people how to avoid copy-protection etc, or even advocating piracy. We also consider "abandonware" to be piracy, as it has no official legal recognition. Please do not link to abandonware sites. Posting links to warez sites and program cracks (including no-CD crack) are not allowed on the forum. Anyone found guilty of participating in piracy activity on the forum will be punished.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

For Civ 5? I don't seem to be able to find them, although I know someone is trying to get Burj Al Arab working on Steam (it's his first mod).

Thanks

Well, there are an user who is making a new Burj Al Arab. I updated one but is a fix of Sukritact's and Asio's Burjs. (Sukritact said in a post that it doesn't upset if I upload it, but I don't find Asio anywhere. I have fixed his Burj, and if I can talk to him about the upload in workshop I would be sure about it doesn't matter him; depending of it matters or not by Asio, I would have to remove because I won't get his approve).

Added the "Modern Dubai" wonder pack. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128382802&searchtext=

contains 6 wonders:

Dubai Creek Golf Club:+6 Culture +3 Gold in this city. +1 Food per nearby desert tile

Infinity Tower:+2 Culture +5 Gold A Free Great Engineer appears in the city in which the wonder was built

Jumeriah Emirates Towers: +5 Gold +2 Culture Free Stock Exchange in the city this wonder was built in

Jumeriah Beach Hotel:+1 Culture Per desert tile near the city +1 Gold +6 Culture

Mall of the Emirates:+2 Culture +2 Gold in this city. +3 Food per nearby desert tile

O14:+ 5 Gold +2 Culture in this city, Working on a third bonus

Top Bottom