Moroccoan AI read my thread....

Callonia

Deity
though this should be an easy attack to fend off its easy to see why morrocco attacked you.

you are very very weak.

T134 and your BPT is 31 so im assuming you dont have NC built yet.

you are only just now hitting construction,something that should have been reached by T60 at least.

you have 1/4 trade routes going,11GPT which is lethargic for venice.

your CPT is 12 so you clearly dont have guilds built yet working their slots.

Venice is only pop 10......should be at least 15+ by now

you have barely explored any of the map and you only have 4 military land units.

this is a sure recipe for getting attacked.be happy you arent facing an impi rush from shaka right now

I'm surprised he travelled that far to get to Venice when you have a expo (which I'm assuming is in worse condition that Venice) so close to his homeland.

How many wonders did you build in Venice? I can see Oracle for sure and what looks to be 2 others. I'm not great at identifying them by their icon in the city from the World Map though so that could be a Monument(?) at the bottom of the mountain and IDK in the water off the coast.

He built Stonehenge, Oracle, and Hanging Gardens for wonders, so typical wonder spamming without developing further infrastructure. I'm surprised the lakeside marshes are still not cleared after turn 100.

you have barely explored any of the map and you only have 4 military land units.

this is a sure recipe for getting attacked.be happy you arent facing an impi rush from shaka right now

I was busy wonder spamming and I did get a few for fun. Stonehenge, Oracle, and Hanging Gardens.

There is only four military units in Venice because, have you looked at the land outlay? XD My location is very very difficult for the AIs to attack that early.

About Impi rush from shaka, I scouted far enough and didn't find any Shakas near me and therefore I have determined it is safe for me to wonderspam and ignore my military. My prioritizes would be obviously very different if I met shaka within first 50 turns.

Even with that spearmen on my gem mine and that warrior protecting the farmlands, I didn't lose even a single unit from that Moroccan attack.

I was actively building wonders while Moroccans was launching their impotent attacks upon me. Didn't need more than what I already had in Venice. And I normally don't build walls. I usually don't need them.

I'm surprised he travelled that far to get to Venice when you have a expo (which I'm assuming is in worse condition that Venice) so close to his homeland.

How many wonders did you build in Venice? I can see Oracle for sure and what looks to be 2 others. I'm not great at identifying them by their icon in the city from the World Map though so that could be a Monument(?) at the bottom of the mountain and IDK in the water off the coast.

Just three. He chose to attack Venice because I have a large military stationed in the city state near him. 8 or so. This is what it looks like now.

Spoiler :

I just recently fought a second war with Morocco so that's why there is pillaged farms and few units out of position.

He built Stonehenge, Oracle, and Hanging Gardens for wonders, so typical wonder spamming without developing further infrastructure. I'm surprised the lakeside marshes are still not cleared after turn 100.

You see, these Lakeside marshes is very crucial for my defense systems this early in the game, I was leaving them alone and using them to give myself 2+ turns of ranged fire upon enemy units charging me. If I drained the marshes, the enemy would be able to dive right into the lake and flank my warrior from behind easily. And them being present allows me to neglect my military. :lol:

They're drained now though. Marshes isn't that useful when its medieval or renaissance.

And this is what my Venice look like now.Note the addition of Machu Picchu and Bannock.
Morroco managed to take Bannock from my friend the Shoshone so I went and helped myself to it. (The reason why I got in second war with Morocco.)

Spoiler :

As for my third city, Budapest, no worries there. I'm on friendly terms with Austria.
I do plan to purchase at least three more military units for Budapest at minimum.
Portugal hates my guts but she's too busy with Mongolia who is dying slowly. I'm not doing anything because they're settling cities in terrible locations and I want to raze them and settle them in more better location but alas I cannot XD
Spoiler :

Oh and This is where Shaka is, I was correct in my decision to not be worried about Impi rush.
Spoiler :

I base my decisions on what I meet in first 50 turns and follow from there because there's no way in hell an AI will just be completely irrational and sail halfway across the world in galleys and launch their impotent attacks upon me. Basically, if I don't meet Hiawatha, Monty, Shaka, Bismarck, Harald. I can safely neglect military. And if I do meet them, I adjust my decisions on their policy choices and choose a level of military strength that I feel comfortable with their displayed attitude.

I've had Gandhi go full on Hitler mode upon me in medieval era once and he spammed knights heavily while I was playing bismarck once. My pikes saw him off. But all other civs around him was getting wiped out :lol:

If you wonder why they attacked you then it is clear. You have next to no military power, no trade routes and you probably pissed them off. I also dont see walls built. At that point of the game you look like a big juicy steak for them.
Even if you have good strategic location to defend your city you should build walls and later castle. It improves your military score i think... or atleast keeps you safe from surprise attacks

Wait, it's turn 279 and you're researching Metallugy. What speed is this, if it's epic speed/ huge map then your opening isn't that bad after all. There's no point building walls/castle unless you're really next to Shaka and an attack is imminent or going for autocracy's fortified borders happiness with Neuschwanstein buff.

Basically, if I don't meet Hiawatha, Monty, Shaka, Bismarck, Harald. I can safely neglect military. And if I do meet them, I adjust my decisions on their policy choices and choose a level of military strength that I feel comfortable with their displayed attitude.
That's correct, even works on deity.

Wait, it's turn 279 and you're researching Metallugy. What speed is this, if it's epic speed/ huge map then your opening isn't that bad after all. There's no point building walls/castle unless you're really next to Shaka and an attack is imminent or going for autocracy's fortified borders happiness with Neuschwanstein buff.

That's correct, even works on deity.

i would add japan,rome,and assyria to that list

If you wonder why they attacked you then it is clear. You have next to no military power, no trade routes and you probably pissed them off. I also dont see walls built. At that point of the game you look like a big juicy steak for them.
Even if you have good strategic location to defend your city you should build walls and later castle. It improves your military score i think... or atleast keeps you safe from surprise attacks

I wanted to be attacked. I needed some entertainment. Not building the walls is one of the ways to bait the AIs into attacking me.

And yes, I pissed Morocco off for I am a sovereign ruler and I do not bend to someone's will. And I am hoping that Portugal will decide to try hit me after she's through with mongolia.

I once started between Shaka and Monty for two hundred turns and they never dow'd on me and rather settled away from me. I wasn't too happy about that and so i abandoned that game. It was the only time I ever managed to get shaka as a neighbor. :(

Sclb, it's normal speed on huge map.

i would add japan,rome,and assyria to that list

Well, Denmark, Germany, Mongolia also fit the list as well as some others, but Rome and Assyria is pretty tame after classical era tbh as long as you can avoid a sub t90 rush.

It also depends a lot on difficulty factor such as on deity, Shaka is extremely dangerous as an immediate neighbor if he doesn't have another neighbor civ you can bribe him against. There is little you can do to defend against his impis once he get them online, so you have to do a quick CB rush to take him out in that case.

can you post a screenshot of Egypt's capital it looks WAAAAY up there. :)

I once started between Shaka and Monty for two hundred turns and they never dow'd on me
ive been next to Shaka before, his Impi are crap, he attacks you with a horde of them but they are hardly any better than pikemen, in fact ive beaten shaka with Japanese pikemen, and Samurai just obliterate Impi.

once I started next to shaka I was Sweden our borders touched for 80 turns but we still didn't technically meet, eventually I met him and on the same turn he denounced me because I had land he coveted.

can you post a screenshot of Egypt's capital it looks WAAAAY up there. :)

Alright, here you go.

Spoiler :

There be barbarians!
Spoiler :

I found this list of pointy sticks slightly amusing.
Spoiler :

Oh and my poor Venetians was forced into the workers "paradise" infecting the whole world when all my people wanted was to pass the day lazily! :lol:

Everyone is now a communist with one lone freedom loving holdout.

Wow!
Raging barbs? :D

Yup, i'm actually sad now that I'm playing as Venice instead of Germany like usual. And b/c I'm playing as venice I didn't grab honor as my second policy tree.

Yup, i'm actually sad now that I'm playing as Venice instead of Germany like usual. And b/c I'm playing as venice I didn't grab honor as my second policy tree.

Raging barbs does not affect the spawn rate of the barb camps, only the spawn rate of barbarians out of those barb camps. So there would be the same amount of barb camps, meaning Germany doesn't get an advantage. Aztecs however will.

Good point! Raging barbs actually works against the German UA. More barbs => camps harder to clear => fewer new camps. Quite counter-intuitive.

In addition to Aztecs, Celts get buff from extra barbs. Any other civs? Raging barbs would also be good for the Reformation belief Heathen Conversion.

Raging barbs does not affect the spawn rate of the barb camps, only the spawn rate of barbarians out of those barb camps. So there would be the same amount of barb camps, meaning Germany doesn't get an advantage. Aztecs however will.

Nah, if I was playing as Germany, I would have the economy to support all the brand new barbarians that join me + establish port cities in distant places and recruit barbarians from there to protect my port cities.

And raging barbarians = good for exp/culture/gold via honor tree.

Plus chasing barbarians to establish your cities help pass the tedium of pressing turns when there is noone threatening to cut off your head.

Top Bottom