Moronic traditions in your country

What do you mean your people? Are you an Inuit or do you belong to some other ethnicity other than white? I'm guessing you're in Canada.
I often speak of my people. Sometimes when I speak of my people I speak in terms of humanity at large. Other times I speak in terms of the people of my country, the United States. The context of my posting will define which definition I use. Every so often I refer to my people as being any people abused by a group of heathens. People being human, with the heathens being something less than human (not exhibiting the traits of humanity that lead to human kinds survival). This is rare, and it too is also easy to define using the context of the post.

Huh? I was just making a joke :confused:
Well so was I... mostly. Just a more verbose form of a joke, that also did contain a tiny tad of wondering if that "I agree with White Elk incredibly enough." was actually meant to be something more than a joke. Not like I took it as insult or anything like that. Or that I really cared much. Just wondering why that caveat was there in the first place. And what makes it funny as joke. For it to be a joke there had to be some underlying universal truth to it; otherwise where is the shared humour in it? If its not something that you thought others could relate to, then where could the humour be?

The Pledge of Allegiance.

@WE: basically, I often find myself agreeing with some posters against others on some issues, and with the latter against the former on others. See the gay marriage thread for example, where I am pretty much simultaneously agreeing and disagreeing with everyone. I noticed before that you are (if I remember correctly) somewhat leftwards of me politically, and thought I would make a joke of the fact that I nonetheless agree with you on this particular issue.

In other words, as you seem to be relatively inexperienced at OT, a word of advice: don't try to fathom the mystery that is Eran.

The National Anthem.

The National Anthem.
you and dog should get together and form your own little terrorist club:lol:

also on the 4th of july we fire off rockets let kids like me put shells in mailboxes and general chaos but now it's more in the boonies:mischief:

Thats another one that needs to be on the list, The 4th of July.

Why? The idea of celebrating our national independence makes sense, even if the date doesn't (July 4, 1776 was not the date of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, nor the date they came up with idea, and arguably the ratification of the Constitution was just as important, and, and, . . . )

I dislike white trash shooting fireworks around and at my house, the fact that not being head over heals for the country that I happen to be living in makes me a terroist.

Why? The idea of celebrating our national independence makes sense, even if the date doesn't (July 4, 1776 was not the date of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, nor the date they came up with idea, and arguably the ratification of the Constitution was just as important, and, and, . . . )
no but the chaos made legal by it is awesome. anywho are fireworks allowed up north because i'm not sure we're celebrating the same holiday. i've got a funny story if you want to hear it:D

Sure we want to hear it, but tie it to the topic some how.

Separatism. Some people seem to believe that they still have legitimate reasons to secede.

Fireworks are illegal in NY, but not PA (and as a result the fireworks shops on the PA border do brisk business).

On my mission, in LA, I spent 2 July 4ths, and as fireworks are legal in some cities, and as Hispanics apparently like blowing things up as much as whitey, I saw some pretty spectacular displays.

I blow things up regularly, but I don't need to wait for some stupid holiday to do it.

Sure we want to hear it, but tie it to the topic some how.
ah well just put it in the stupid holidays group,anywho my uncle and i we're messing around with the morter shells ones in the tube and i had the bright idea to bury it. i buried it then burnt the fuse and when it blew up i fell down and it was awesome all the dirt going up

Separatism. Some people seem to believe that they still have legitimate reasons to secede.
not now give us 10 or 20 years. . .

Fireworks are illegal in NY, but not PA (and as a result the fireworks shops on the PA border do brisk business).
same thing used to go along the sc nc border

On my mission, in LA, I spent 2 July 4ths, and as fireworks are legal in some cities, and as Hispanics apparently like blowing things up as much as whitey, I saw some pretty spectacular displays.
awesome

I wasn't referring to America.

Thats another one that needs to be on the list, The 4th of July.

Whaat? The 4th of July is by far, my favorite holiday.

Its the summer, so its warm, and everybody is outside. There are parades...Barbecue is everywhere, there are festivals/fairs, live music, football/baseball games...food, friends, family...and then at night, you go blow stuff up.

Its the best!!!

Whaat? The 4th of July is by far, my favorite holiday.

Its the summer, so its warm, and everybody is outside. There are parades...Barbecue is everywhere, there are festivals/fairs, live music, football/baseball games...food, friends, family...and then at night, you go blow stuff up.

Its the best!!!

and the girls wear skimpy to nothing outfits which is the best part.

Top Bottom