Morrowind!

At least two that I heard of many (3) years ago were finished. As for mods you might try Telesphoros list of amazing mods. These mods make Morrowind feel like a new game. I personaly recommend:

Morrowind Comes Alive
Better Heads
Better Bodies
Necessities of Morrowind
Bookrotate
Giver your orders
Neverar Armour
Healers
and Balmora Expanded

I miss this game, every now and then I feel like booting it up but then I remember how I have no mods for it on my computer and that I know I just wont be playing it for long.

I remember there were some various total conversion projects going on for years, were any of them finished and done really well?

Hm, coincidence, I just installed Morrowind again today.

Anyway, I never knew of any that were finished. Not too much help I suppose.

On an unrelated note: Morrowind is one of the few games I wish they would remake. Mostly because no matter how I look at it, I find Morrowind to be a very buggy game. On my old computer it would crash all the time and it's not very difficult to get stuck in the scenery. That and maybe add some girth to the towns, cities and add some more farms to get the economy to make sense (how do they feed Vvardenfell anyway?) and Morrowind would be a much better game.

Most of the population is fed by Kwama Eggs. Those come from the many mines around Vvanderfell.

Morrowind makes more sense girth-wise than Oblivion, at least it had a large number of farms, Oblivion has very few farms that actually seem to be used.

True, Oblivion is a worse offender in this respect.

Most of the population is fed by Kwama Eggs. Those come from the many mines around Vvanderfell.

Ok that makes sense. But I still wish that they would add something to make the whole economy make sense. The only workshops in Vvardenfell that I saw outside of smiths were in Vivec. A few more maybe?

Workshops? You mean like smiths? They were everywhere!

Workshops? You mean like smiths? They were everywhere!

Appart from smiths. It just seemed odd how there were no printing presses, or paper makers, and a grand total of ONE place where they made pottery, not to mention furniture etc.

Ya and all that stuff would just be clutter locations anyway....

I think morrowinds more enjoyable than oblivion but Oblivion's graphic and gameplay better than morrowind

Oh man the hours I'd whittle away on Morrowind. :D I don't think I've even explored every nook and cranny on the island. Easily the best couple of months ever.

Ive always felt that if they redid morrowind, with oblivions engine, but morrowinds features, it would be a near perfect game.

Ok that makes sense. But I still wish that they would add something to make the whole economy make sense. The only workshops in Vvardenfell that I saw outside of smiths were in Vivec. A few more maybe?
I think its about presenting a world to a gaming community rather than "being feasible". I am a realism-freak, but I do understand what kind of concerns the game designers have when they design the game. The game has to fun, interesting to explore (graphically and lore-wise) and relatively easy going. With Oblivion and Fallout Bethesda has gone for "few clicks", "look-nice", "straight-plot" sandpit. That is even less realistic. That is why

Ive always felt that if they redid morrowind, with oblivions engine, but morrowinds features, it would be a near perfect game.
I completely agree with this statement. Bring in a few mods that made the vanilla Morrowind so enjoyable.

I am looking forward to exploring Daggerfall. It seems to be the most "free" game of all the series. But imagine all of Tamriel rebuilt with that level of detail and Oblivion's graphics? Dream :smug:

People still play Morrowind III? :eek:

I played it for a while until about level 28 or so, then quit. It just got boring for me.

People still play Morrowind III? :eek:

I played it for a while until about level 28 or so, then quit. It just got boring for me.

There's something about killing a demigod with a fork and trapping his soul in a gem so you have a lovely decoration for your small 5 by 5 house in Balmora that makes this game unmatchable by others.

I could have done without shooting an arrow at point blank range at a critter, only to have it miss completely.

But perhaps have all of Morrowind, not just Vvanderfell island.

I could have done without shooting an arrow at point blank range at a critter, only to have it miss completely.

But perhaps have all of Morrowind, not just Vvanderfell island.

The combat was my only real complaint with morrowind, I mean sure, other feautres could have been more streamlined and such, but the combat is what I consider to be the only real flaw.....I HATED having a connect and then I somehow supposedly miss, it was just frustrating, and a game killer.

The combat was my only real complaint with morrowind, I mean sure, other feautres could have been more streamlined and such, but the combat is what I consider to be the only real flaw.....I HATED having a connect and then I somehow supposedly miss, it was just frustrating, and a game killer.

Morrowind somewhat belongs to the "old school" of RPGs where your skills, combat skills included, are determined by a number and a dice roll, not your skills with the console. Oblivion moved onto "fast trigger" gaming, thus breaking the tradition lasting from paper RPGs. I, personally, prefer a mixture of both, but would rather go with a more enjoyable and live gaming environment than a bad one with realistic physics. But yeah, combat sucks in Morrowind :)

P.S. Besides numbers deciding the outcome of combat, I've had more complaints about it. One - the combat is two short - a few blows on either side and one of opponents is dead. Two - the combat is too narrow - one tactic is used at most, unless the critter runs out of mana and is forced to change it. Three - the enemies carry too much stuff to loot them enjoyably. Run into five bandits in the wilderness, and you have to go back to a city to sell their stuff, because you cannot continue your mission with your weight nearly maxed out. I know it is realistic, but the fun part of combat is too short to compensate for the bad sides of it.

I think the problem is that gamers tend to loot everything they can that can be resold and/or exchagned for wanted goodies and money. Usually people in real lfie aren't keen on taking even the dirty undrclothing off people little alone able to find someone to buy it at a worthwhile price.

I know in Morrowind I cheated to get my strength to like 10000 and it took a minute or two for my inventory to display I was carrying so much stuff.

I think a better money system would help, as well as a bit of supply and demand changing affecting prices.

Run into five bandits in the wilderness, and you have to go back to a city to sell their stuff, because you cannot continue your mission with your weight nearly maxed out. I know it is realistic, but the fun part of combat is too short to compensate for the bad sides of it.

I solve that problem by not selling or collecting everything I find, since there really isn't a need to.

Top Bottom