Most underrated/obscure/criminally overlooked band you can imagine...

Can you guys provide links when you post bands? I want to decide if I actually want to listen to them.

I saw TV on the Radio a few weeks ago actually. They were okay...they certianly played with a nice energy, but I wasn't wowed. It might not be my "thing" though.

I saw TV on the Radio a few weeks ago actually. They were okay...they certianly played with a nice energy, but I wasn't wowed. It might not be my "thing" though.
I think they are good live for the music they make. Their music I would say is not suited for live performances but they do play them with energy and are awesome with their more upbeat songs. The latest album, Return to Cookie Mountain, is amazing.

And you want a link? Try tvontheradio.com. And some videos I like of them:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=73qBnuzrjx0 - Them live on Letterman doing a single.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zd0-jNAlSbA - My favorite song of theirs, called Tonight

Is A Perfect Circle obscure enough? They are easily in my top 5 favorite bands of all time, even though they weren't around for that long and were kind of a pet project. Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step are incredible albums.
Firstly, they have sold a tonne of albums and their lead singer is in Tool, so no, they are no obscure.

Secondly, they released whole album worth of anti-war songs they covered and more or less told people to vote Democrat to get rid of Bush. I wouldn't have thought right-wingers would liek them at all.

The flaming sideburns

Sublime. Although saying theyre 'criminally underrated' might be an exaggeration. Theyre definitely not obscure though. Not to anyone over 12, that is.

Firstly, they have sold a tonne of albums and their lead singer is in Tool, so no, they are no obscure.

Secondly, they released whole album worth of anti-war songs they covered and more or less told people to vote Democrat to get rid of Bush. I wouldn't have thought right-wingers would liek them at all.

Yah, I don't think they are obscure, but hardly anyone around here knows of them.

And not everything is about politics. Most people, myself included, don't give a ****, and have no interest in being involved anymore than we have to (ie) voiting). If you like to close yourself off because of your politics, thats your issue, but I like to remain open minded.

(also, I never picked up eMOTIVe lol)

Without a doubt, Eve-6.

They came from where I live and went to school to the one across town.

The lead singer or something I hear has a bunch of brothers.

Nick Drake, his skill and talent should be heard by all.

i'm gonna break my own threads rules and post an underrated genre

klezmer.

especially klezmer jazz.

Wow, somebody else likes klezmer jazz :D

It sure is underrated... great music. Heck, I actually listened to The Cracow Klezmer Band's - Sanatorium under the Hourglass on my way to work today :)

as for my own picks - Einsturzende Neubauten, one of my favourite bands ever.
Beardfish, a great swedish prog band

and, in a way, Frank Zappa, actually once called a one-hit artist on some TV program :lol:

Top Bottom