Mouse Icon constantly blinks

Bone_Jones_00

Chieftain
Last night, after shutting the game down, it forced my screen into 8-bit color and when I restarted the screen was perfectly fine. I turn on my game this morning and the mouse just moves around like normal but is in a constant blink/flash. I have tried everything i can think of including reinstalling the game, updating various drivers. I am using the GeForce FX 5200.

This is the case with my mouse... boxy kinda flashy... Im running the fx5950 ultra myself with the latest driver.. just incase this means anything to anyone.
I did read a post in which a guy said he unloads his driver before hand and then loads the driver fresh for better results. I havent had time to do this yet.
Not sure of the value.. my Farcry, Rome Total War, and everything else runs great on the new driver..

At least I'm not the only one with the problem. I emailed Firaxis but it will take time to receive a response. I've tried messing with the driver with no luck. This came from nowhere and that is what is soooo confusing.

forgot to mention mine was flaky from the get go... notice a few times just before a healthy crash that the icon actually changed.. not sure if it is upposed to change or it was simply a bugg..but mine always blinkd that god aweful looking arrow and the box...:rolleyes:

Ok, I fixed it. I got desperate and tried the PAKBUILDER Fix suggested for the Radeon problem and it seems to have fixed it.

Great news..I havent done that one for obvious reasons..guess ti will make the list.

i fixed this on my laptop by removing pointer trails on my mouse config

guess i will check for that setting as im not sure what it is..if it is a default
then perhaps in is enabled. I use wingman gamer mouse..lol..like 5 years old
Thanx for the info

Top Bottom