Multi-Team game signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
The information thread for this proposed game is here.

If you are interested in playing in a multi-team game (a PBEM where teams play each player position instead of individuals) please sign up here.

Yeah I know there have been 2-3 threads on this and you may have signed up already in one of those other threads, but since they were in various different places and over the past several months it is important to get a new, accurate picture on who is here.

There are two important questions:

• How active do you plan to be? Choices are very active or somewhat active. If your answer is not active very much of course you're still welcome but we need an accurate count of how many active participants.
  • Do you want to play for fun, or be competitive? If everyone is for fun then maybe we don't need separate forums, just an honor system of not reading the other team's thread. If everyone is competitive then probably we do. If it's a mix and there are enough of us we might have a non-competitive game and a competitive one with private forums. You might say you don't care which one, which is fine too.

My answers:

A. Very active
B. Prefer competitive for the diplomacy practice, but interested in a fun game too. :D

A. I plan to be very active when I am around. I will be on vacation during part of June and July and all of August, but otherwise, I will be as active as I can.

B. I play for fun, (with a competitive spirit, but I don't mind if I lose), but I do think we need private forums.

For those who've never played a PBEM or demogame, how long would this last? A year?

I would like to be able to view the progress if I can't play.

1. Very active, if we can get it off the ground
2. Fun, but we definetly need private forums

MeteorPunch said:
For those who've never played a PBEM or demogame, how long would this last? A year?

I would like to be able to view the progress if I can't play.

Demogames usually last 5-6 months (so 5-6 terms, as each term is a month long).

PBEMs can usually go at the speed of 1 to 2 turns / day. That's not that fast, but a demogame goes faster. So since we need discussion, I'd say 1 turn / day, so it might last 9 months? Depends on what size map. If we do a 1 v 1 duel, it could take considerably less (and I think that would be very fun!).

A. Active
B. I play for fun

A. Somewhat active (rather be in a team and do some support.)

B. Competively fun. I would like private forum to lessen the chance of ruining the fun but not too competive because we gain nothing from winning. Just let the best team win by however they choose to. (All standard victory on.)

Somewhat Active

Competitive

Thanks Rik for announcing this!

A. Very active.
B. Competitively fun. I'll play to win, but not at all cost.

This sounds like fun, so i'd like to join.

A. Very Active
B. Competitive, i.e private forums

I'm in.

A. Very active, except first half of August.
B. I'm sure I won't look at other teams, but let's keep things private.

A. Very Active
B. Competitive camaraderie. :devil: Private would be best.

*shows some interest*

A. Somewhat active, possibly very depending on commitment req'd.
B. I like to win. :D I'd like to think we could trust everyone, but I think that private would be better.

I also have Soul Warrior and Darwin420 interested. I have pm's out to about 15 others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom