Multiplayer OOS Every Turn

obuw

Chieftain
Hello Everyone,

My friend group love the mod but unfortunately find it unplayable in multiplayer. We are trying to play a 3-player team game vs computer teams. Direct IP. The game goes OOS after every battle (vs animals, didn't get far enough to face anything else). Also after any random event. And sometimes for seemingly no reason (probably something offscreen that we don't notice).

We did all the suggestions in the multiplayer threads. The host gave everyone his ini files, and we are all on the exact same civ4 and mod versions.

I can see some people posting here that they could play MP fine for hours. So something must be wrong on our end. Any ideas?

PS. We can play vanilla Civ4 just fine. We played for about 12 hours yesterday and no OOS errors there.

Hello,

Despite having the excellent and great mod, OOS makes many modes (RoM, C2C, R2R etc) are completely unplayable in multiplayer.
At the same time RealismInvictus does not have such problem.

In case it help to debug/fixOOS: For me it looks like initial mod where I've seen OOS at the first time is RoM mod.

It seems our colleagues from C2C mod try to fix OOS-issue. It is interesting that they suggest avoid any automation: workers, scouts and so on; even
"Avoid automating anything at all, including sending units beyond the reach of their movement for a turn. For some reason, this is a known issue."

Best Regards,
Dima

Wow, not being able to automate anything would be really painful.

Yesterday we tried resetting our mods to the default state, and opening a new map without changing any settings. The game went OOS as soon as we went ingame. Didn't even move any units. I guess the multiplayer guides were written for an earlier version, and the current version is completely unplayable in MP.

That's disappointing, we were really looking forward to playing RoM in MP.

Wow, not being able to automate anything would be really painful.

Yesterday we tried resetting our mods to the default state, and opening a new map without changing any settings. The game went OOS as soon as we went ingame. Didn't even move any units. I guess the multiplayer guides were written for an earlier version, and the current version is completely unplayable in MP.

That's disappointing, we were really looking forward to playing RoM in MP.
Hello obuw,

Yes I know what you are saying) Without automation it is really painfull (especailly move each unit each turn), by we are checking this advise, so we try playing to test whether it is a real reason.
We (2 players) are playing C2C and we got OOS as soon as we went ingame. We've saved the game and completely restarted the game in each PC.
200 turns and there are no OOS anymore, at least so far... Let see what will be especially when we have more communication/war with AI.
Probably when we finish current C2C game we will try new one with RoM mod, just to check/test.

It would be interesting whether these advices work for you in RoM.

Best Regards,
Dima

Top Bottom