Multiplayer Problems

My friend and I are running FFH2 0.41, and after trying ever possible multiplayer method (except hotseat), none of them will connect.
No recognition in LAN (physical or Hamachi), Direct IP always times out, and while my friend can log onto the internet option with a Gamespy ID, my login attempts fail no matter what.
We've tried messing with firewalls, using other networks, and everything else we can think of.

Any suggestions?

Are you using the same version of the mod? (Both have FfH2 0.41, but which patches are you using?)

Are you using different copies of Civ (IE different cd keys)?

Are you able to connect with each other using a different game, or do all games have this problem?

My friend and I are having the same problems. We are tyring to play in the game together and every way we attempt to join one another it say it cant connect to host server timed out or something on that line. I dont know if I can join anyone else, all the other games have had passwords. So I cant figure out if it is his or my end or both. We have the same version of FfH II and we both use steam to run Civ IV. Both of us are capable of joining others on BtS; so it seems to just be FfH.

May be a common problem many are having. So if anyone has solutions that would be great.

IamaGIJoe, you may want to try using Hamachi to connect. From what I hear, many FfH2 multiplayer players use it because it reduces connection troubles.

My friend and I are running FFH2 0.41, and after trying ever possible multiplayer method (except hotseat), none of them will connect.
No recognition in LAN (physical or Hamachi), Direct IP always times out, and while my friend can log onto the internet option with a Gamespy ID, my login attempts fail no matter what.
We've tried messing with firewalls, using other networks, and everything else we can think of.

Any suggestions?

I have similar issues. I have FFH2, Fall Further and Orbis. And they play great Single player or Hotseat but when I try multiplayer FFH2 and Orbis I can't see any games on the list and neather can the people I'm playing with. In FF we can see the games we created but we get the OOC error after about 5 to 10 turns in.
And we have the same version of each game (we loaded them at the same time.)
Now we have tried to see if it is a firewall setting (the vanilla game works fine) but I doubt it. One of my friends hosted the game without being connected to a router and he had his firewall disabled and we still could not see his game except the FF.

It's two bad because these are the best mods (Orbis being my personal favorite) out for CIV4 and we are stuck playing the vanilla game in multiplayer.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom