Multiplayer Tool - Play scenarios up to 31 players!

1. Start a single-player game in Conquests. You may also load a save file.
2. Run mp-gui.exe

Without doubt this is a great tool, but at present I have problems with even the first steps in using this tool.

a)How do you start the mp-gui.exe after you have started the single player game in conquest?

When I start the single-player game in conquest, I don´t have access any longer to starting options of programs outside C3C.

b) Is there a possibility to integrate the gui-starting command into one of the opening sides of C3C, so I can trigger the gui-exe inside C3C?

Is there any utility for playing MP over LAN? I remember loving CIV III with my friends, but connectivity was a pain. Thanks!

Any chance Sima is still around? I swear I've used this utility before on Windows 10, and with the Steam edition; however, I just tried to use it today, and it says that it is "Unable to find C3C process. Please check if C3C is running."

Any chance Sima is still around? I swear I've used this utility before on Windows 10, and with the Steam edition; however, I just tried to use it today, and it says that it is "Unable to find C3C process. Please check if C3C is running."

With regard to your specific question here:

What is the full name of the C3C game in the taskbar (or when you select it via ALT-TAB)?

When I alt+tab I cannot see the full name, but using AutoIt v3 Window Info, the Title is listed as "Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete" (without the quotation marks). What I can see with alt+tab is Sid Meier's Civilization II..., so I'm pretty sure this is giving the info you need.

I'd hate to be "that guy", but how has the progress on fixing the program to allow for a 31-Player Steam gameplay? I have since lost access to my CD-installed Civilization 3, and only have the Steam version since I've lost the CD to install the other version. I have tried to use the tool by placing the entire folder into Program Files (x86), and when I'd test it, it'd still say "Unable to find C3C process. Please check if C3C is running."...

This worked on my laptop, but since I can't currently access my laptop fully, I cannot simply play it on there (I can access it temporarily for transferring files, but as far as playing most programs, I desperately need to know if there can be a solution to the Steam fix of this tool, which I know works on the non-Steam version, since I've used that all the time on my laptop with much enjoyment of the game thanks to it, but alas, the Steam version--the only one I currently have since my laptop said no--dislikes it).

I'd hate to be "that guy", but how has the progress on fixing the program to allow for a 31-Player Steam gameplay? I have since lost access to my CD-installed Civilization 3, and only have the Steam version since I've lost the CD to install the other version. I have tried to use the tool by placing the entire folder into Program Files (x86), and when I'd test it, it'd still say "Unable to find C3C process. Please check if C3C is running."...

This worked on my laptop, but since I can't currently access my laptop fully, I cannot simply play it on there (I can access it temporarily for transferring files, but as far as playing most programs, I desperately need to know if there can be a solution to the Steam fix of this tool, which I know works on the non-Steam version, since I've used that all the time on my laptop with much enjoyment of the game thanks to it, but alas, the Steam version--the only one I currently have since my laptop said no--dislikes it).

I'm not sure if this will be the issue but I recently had troubles running a Civ4 mod with the steam version of civ4 because the mod required a registry entry that only the disc version creates. Wouldn't surprise me if the steam version of civ3 isn't creating any registry entries resulting in Sima's tool then thinking the game isn't installed no matter where you move the game folder to. I've got both the steam and disc version of civ3 so I'll have to experiment. If this is the case then it'll an easy fix as you just create fake registry entry.

I have been using this tool for at least a year now and for some reason it has stopped working recently for both modded and vanilla civ 3 complete games. When I open the gui and make any changes a prompt comes up saying, "OPERATION FAILED, unable to write multiplayer settings", then nothing is able to happen with the tool while a single player game has been loaded.

I have Civ 3 Complete CD edition installed , the tool is with all of its necessary files in the folder it came with, and I have tried deleting and reinstalling the tool. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer to get this working again.

I feel like this topic is long dead, but as an update I took the code from the github that was supposed to find the process and BIC header into a VS2017 project to try to find the issue. It can locate the game, but it cannot locate the BIC header. My guess is somehow the game started storing the BIC header at a different offset than expected.

This definitely seems to be the problem. If I change the for loop to scan < BIC_ADDR + 0xF0000, then it is able to find it. I might see if I can remake the tool, unless Sima is around and wants to try putting out an update.

This definitely seems to be the problem. If I change the for loop to scan < BIC_ADDR + 0xF0000, then it is able to find it. I might see if I can remake the tool, unless Sima is around and wants to try putting out an update.
I second the remake of this wonderful tool. Sima seems to be offline at the moment though...

After some research, it appears there was an update via the Steam platform in October 2018 to their Civ3 Complete that moved some stuff around in memory. Looks like mostly text file changes, with a few dll changes. The dll changes probably caused some stuff to move around. I've managed to get something written that can modify human/CPU control, and morph a game from SP to MP and back. I haven't tried to hunt down the play by email flag yet. Instead I've been distracted by the juicy units memory address, and trying to figure out where that moved to.

I also have CivIII complete on CD but was unable to get this utility to work. What a shame since I would love to try playing a 31 player game hotseat. The error I received when trying to run the exe was "Unable to find C3C process"

I also have CivIII complete on CD but was unable to get this utility to work. What a shame since I would love to try playing a 31 player game hotseat. The error I received when trying to run the exe was "Unable to find C3C process"

Great.. and there I was thinking 'maybe I should try and find my old cd instead of my current steam version' but I won't bother now if this app doesn't even work with that anymore either.

Top Bottom