Multiple Personality Disorder - FFH2 Style (Succesion Game)

What SG ideas are you interested in?

• Total voters
About 100 rounds?

It would likely be much sooner than that :rolleyes: ...but it looks like the AI has no idea of what its doing so we should be safe for now. For some reason their capital is a settlement? This sounds like a bug our game has generated.

Anyways, on with the show:

General plan is to pump out as many priests of leaves as possible, along with enough workers to build on them before Q's turn ends. We also have a serious happiness problem. And of course, whatever possible to exploit the elven strengths.

I switch some builds to temples and plan on rushing the theater of dreams. I guess we missed out on Kithra Kyriel, but hopefully we can still get Yavin. Fyrdwell requires deer, I am going to try to get us some.

Used the Great Sage to build an Academy, engineer starts a golden age. Great Commander joins a little army I have marching north. :eek:

I changed our trade with the Amurites to sheep/cotton for pearls/17gpt. Open borders with Hippus, since I plan on pushing through their lands to get the deer.

We finish taxes and move on to Engineering, it seems to be the tech that will help us the most right now.

Hippus asks for a defensive pact...nah.

We construct the guild of hammers.

We capture the barbarian city of Kabhalg for the deer! We don't necessarily need to KEEP this city after we build the Fyrdwell...although building the Angel capital here sounds keen. I have a Thane en-route to pop the culture and a worker building a road to the town.

I stop a little early at turn 236 (Brian or Q you can use them) as its the last turn of the golden age and we didn't really decide on what civics we were going with. As we are moving to a cottage economy, I suggest:
Republic
Consumption
Apprenticeship
Foreign Trade
Undercouncil

The Guild of Nine is almost complete. Yes I started teching Corruption of Spirit - mostly for the holy city. The more I think about it, the more I think it is a perfect idea for us to build the Mecurian Gate in our new town of Kabhalg. We have access to plenty of Engineers to make this happen, we will get access to Deer and Fur, and it won't affect our maintenance.

Below are pictures of the empire.

Attachments

• Multi AD-0236.CivBeyondSwordSave
    222.1 KB · Views: 65
  • east236.JPG
    east236.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Kabhalg236.JPG
    Kabhalg236.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 253
  • mideast236.JPG
    mideast236.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 82
  • north236.JPG
    north236.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 77
I like that setup, and think mercurians are probably best way to use those colonies.
Can mud golems build on forests?

I like that setup, and think mercurians are probably best way to use those colonies.
Can mud golems build on forests?

The mud lovers are hard at work making cottages in trees and tearing down jungles.

Brian, I set you up, but you really need to go gangbusters making priests so we can bloom our tiles.

I'll play this tomorrow. Busy weekend with the GAA, match last night, match tonight and training and road hurling tournament tomorrow.

Looking at the game, I like the suggested civics, and the idea to build the Merc Gate in the Frozen North.

Tech Path will be CoS>Fanaticism (would be nice to get evil civ next for both sides of the Fanat units).

I'd like to slot in the Pillar of Chains in Garduk. It has the hammers and pop to build it and then leverage it properly, giving us a massive production city near to where we want to attack people.

Looking at our secondary cities, we're short on infra, with the likes of Aylesbury really hurting for happy. I'll be pumping buildings in these cities for a while.

Outside of that I'll be looking to build up a serious army to attack someone down the line, but it looks like we don't have the capacity to attack anyone now.

Looks like it will be a set with lots of clicking, 10 turns or 15?

15, You can either use my leftover 4, or pass them to Q.

Your ideas sound good, but we really need to focus on making priests and blooming all of our tiles while we are still elves. We CAN bloom on top of our existing improvements.

I did give you an archery range (and building a stable for Fyrndwell) in our western town if you want to pop some dexterous archers.

Aside from snagging the deer, I forgot to mention the dyes that we will soon control in the East, a worker is nearby, be sure to plantation it.

Ok save is played. I stopped up on 248 because we have an issue.

High points. Priests are blooming everywhere, and we got the Guild of 9. We also have a Great Scientist standing around Ithralia, we need another for a Golden Age.

Civics were swapped as directed, and I started on the Pillar of Chains. The Mercurian Gate is queued up in the Frozen North (one of these days, I tell you, I'll learn that city's name).

However the bad comes with the good and this made me finish up a few turns early (I was planning on stopping at 250 to get a bit of regularity back to the turn numbers).

A certain female dog has sealed her fate by declaring war:

Spoiler :

Let us show her that she has :hammer:Chosen Unwisely:hammer:. We have 450 gold in the bank, the Elohim are two turns from Mutanbo. Unfortunately, I was spending the set popping an Epic Lair up in Hippus lands with Wilboman, one of the priests and our mages. They are too far from the battlfield to defend the first attack, but they may be able to hit the weak underbelly of that sanctimonious little witch, who stabbed us in the back. So much for being the good guy.

With the Mercs and our mass priests we should manage to weather this storm but the first few turns will be difficult.

Attachments

• Multiple personalites AD-0248.CivBeyondSwordSave
    249.4 KB · Views: 90
A shame that Ethne will just throw up the wall when we get close...and can re-cast it next rotation. We will need to plan on attacking early during Scuratii's turn and again during Brian's/Q's turn in order to take any cities.

Luckily the wall does not prevent pirates from entering her waters.

March of Trees sounds kinda fun for some extra defenders, but it would hurt some of our Ancient forests.

Didn't know this was possible, but the warrior in Mutanbo can upgrade to Fyrdwell? Usefull if you want to give her the commando and winterborn upgrades.

Yeah the upgrade tree is wacked.
What defence so we have?
I'll try to get this tomorrow.

Mostly just mages. Gildren is next door, but is still green. Luckily there are not a lot of enemy troops, buy they are very strong.

We have time to get in a few mercs as well, and there are 5 Priests of Leaves (IIRC) around as well for Tiggers.

My bad on not rushing down our strike force, but from looking at the relative power graphs &c. I didn't think she'd sneak attack. Guess I was wrong.

Its not too bad, as long as they don't attack our port city, the mages can hold them off indefinitely.

I was delayed today, but I'll get it on Friday.

No time to report.
Killed the elohim - they never triggered their world spell.
Army resting, can pretty much barrel into everyone.
Built the CoaTS in the heron city - boy those tiles are beautiful :heart:
We rolled Sandalphon of Sidar - I don't think its worth waning all our mages.
Set us to SoW - I suggest we beeline it for all the archmages, make sure to go for the ice 2 ones so we get snowfall.
Went worker crazy trying to finish the elven economy off, I suggest we stick with it, but go leisurely with tile improvements.
Got a port pillaged after losing at 90% odds :(
Save:

Attachments

• Saqndalphon AD-0260.zip
    164.8 KB · Views: 68
*Ahem*

Sorry will get to it in the morning.

As I explained to Q, this time I stupidly assumed it was his turnset still.

I've run into what seems to be a bug within the game. I cannot cast bloom with any of my priests of Leaves, and we are still in FoL, and the Amurites have not used their world spell (can do other magic). Other than that the game is going swimmingly, I've popped a GA with the scientist, and am busy building up my infra (especially courthouses and the secondary palaces, they should be worth quite a few % on the slider).

Could someone look at the save please to see if it is just me.

If the issue is resolved or no answer given I'll play tomorrow and just pretend we never built any priests in the first place.

Actually just realised something it's Scutarii's turnset not mine. I'll PM him a heads up and if he can't play I'll do the ten.

Edit 2: Le save

Attachments

• Multiple personalites AD-0261.CivBeyondSwordSave
    200.4 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom