Multiverse

You should use a vertical civics screen like the one used in Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn. Having to change the screen resolution to see all the civics is becoming a major pain. My computer is taking too long to do it and it would be completely unnecessary if you just changed it to a vertical format.

You should use a vertical civics screen like the one used in Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn. Having to change the screen resolution to see all the civics is becoming a major pain. My computer is taking too long to do it and it would be completely unnecessary if you just changed it to a vertical format.

Great idea.

If it isn't too hard, I will do it. I am unsure how that is performed.

Sadly, not as many future units as I would like. There are some genetic monsters, apeman (from the Planet of the Ape wonder), and robots (from Westworld), but I really need to add a ton of science-fiction stuff -- extend the techs out another 10 columns and add some eye-popping sci-fi stuff.

What about the screenies of the robots...im very interested...and others for sure, too.

Looked at the mod again more closely and I am just not satisfied with futuristic units. Really disgusted that we never spent any time in that era to make stuff that new players would want to go for.

Will try and remedy that here soon.

What about the screenies of the robots...im very interested...and others for sure, too.

Looked at the mod again more closely and I am just not satisfied with futuristic units. Really disgusted that we never spent any time in that era to make stuff that new players would want to go for.

Will try and remedy that here soon.

Not really sure what you mean by that, but if I may infer -- there are units in the game that exist outside of cultural UUs. There are some UUs but main emphasis is on resource dependent units, with a scattering of weaker non-resource dependencies.

What I meant is if you were to play the egyptians, and built, lets say, a Knight, would it look like something Egyptians would build. And would the cities look like egyptian cities.

I guess I mean like mods such as Quot Capita for example.

What I meant is if you were to play the egyptians, and built, lets say, a Knight, would it look like something Egyptians would build. And would the cities look like egyptian cities.

I guess I mean like mods such as Quot Capita for example.

No and Yes.

Most units are rather generic, though stock units of course are cultural. I just learned how to do this and the only one I have almost done is the barbarians, which are the Iksar.

The cities are better, but still have some holes. Most of the city cultural stuff is stock from the Thomas War mod.

This mod has still allot of growth in it, but I like to release a new version every several months. Each new version adds tremendous content.

I have now played this mod a couple of times and even if I like the resource based unit/building idea it bugs the h*ll out of me that gold is a far more common resource than stone (which I am yet to be able to lay my hands on).

I agree with you that certain resources are far less common than others. Often against common logic. I will adjust the rates of these resources.

In my games I am the one without oil, which basically bends me over the fence in the late half of the game.

:) I blame the AI since he never has any problem finding the resources he needs!

Thanks for the tip!

I may be doing sth wrong.
I put the mod into D:\Civ4\Beyond the sword\Mods
And the mod loads smoothly but I can't access civilopedia or options. When I start the game I don't have the interface and the key shortcuts dont work. I can access worldbuilder but there is no interface either.
Strange. I dont have any problems with any mods whatsoever.

You are not alone in this problem Kaine. It is often the case with large mods and if you look at the first pages of most, you will see similar posts.

Key things to try:
--Make sure you are at 3.19 patch
--Make sure you have uncompressed the folder from the zip and have not renamed it
--Make sure you have installed it in the correct path. XP & 7 varies as well as if you installed it from a disk or from Steam (read posts above to find the correct path for all variations)
--Make sure you do not have any of the BUG or BATs module plugins installed (have only been told this and never experienced it myself)

It is one of the above, trust me. I have been running this mod for years with no problem, with friends coming over with monster machines and things I just laughed at and it ran fine.

Biggest problem is not having it installed in the correct path. I have a XP from CD and my path is: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Steam install=(driver Steam is on)/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword/beyond the sword/mods

But other flavors will vary.I have very little experience with Windows 7, but I would definitely run the app as an administrator -- anyone else have ideas on running it effectively on 7?

Keep trying and looking at other posts because I truly think it is a fun variant to Civ IV!

Still no effect.
I'm using XP. Civ is boxed version "Complete Edition"
Path checked. It's where all the mods for bts are.
Did not rename.
BUG BAT plugins. Not sure what they are and where to find them...
Version checked its 3.19 but:
When I click "about this build" in vanilla BTS I see: "Civ Version 319; Save Version 302; Build Version 3.1.9.0 (128100); Build Date Thu May 14 16:17:10 2009; Build FINAL RELEASE; Mod Name None"
When I click "about this build" in Multiverse I see: ""Civ Version 317; Save Version 301; Build Version 3.1.9.0 (128100); Build Date Thu May 14 16:17:10 2009; Build FINAL RELEASE; Mod Name Mods\Multiverse\"

Top Bottom