Musketeer/ Knight slot

Tanelorn

Deity
Just a quick reminder/ verification. If the Musketeer/ Knight slot units have the lowest scenario stats, they don't trigger obsolescence, right? Obsolescence applies to move1 and move2 units respectively with lower A/D stats than those two only, right? Why do I remember from somewhere that cost comes into play?

If I change Leader portraits in Mk.DLL , via resource hacker it changes them for the entire game, not just the scenario, right? If I include a modified MK.DLL in the scenario folder, will it override the one in the game directory? Do I have to overwrite the one in the game directory instead, as I suspect?

Back in the Poly days I remember someone had discovered a glitch (settler/ key combo I believe) whereby you could put cities (let's say separated by a wall) next to each other. Could someone point me to the thread?

Back in the Poly days I remember someone had discovered a glitch (settler/ key combo I believe) whereby you could put cities (let's say separated by a wall) next to each other. Could someone point me to the thread?

If you are using the latest version of TOTPP, this can be done in the Lua console. I don't think you have to commit to using lua events to use the console.

This code will move a city from (110,72,0) to (117,61,0) (change the coordinates to suit your situation).
Code:
civ.getTile(110,72,0).city:relocate(civ.getTile(117,61,0))
Just put it into the lua console, and you can relocate a city adjacent to another. (This code relocates Plymouth next to Swansea in OTR.)

@Prof. Garfield
I must be doing something wrong, I get te message:
> civ.getTile(31,35,0).city:relocate(civ.getTile(31,37,0))
input:1: attempt to call a nil value (method 'relocate')
stack traceback:
input:1: in main chunk
Any ideas?

Last edited:
@Prof. Garfield
I must be doing something wrong, I get te message:
> civ.getTile(31,35,0).city:relocate(civ.getTile(31,37,0))
input:1: attempt to call a nil value (method 'relocate')
stack traceback:
input:1: in main chunk
Any ideas?

Are you using version 15.1 of TOTPP? That's the only thing I can think of. If you are, then please send me the file.

Never mind I figured it out. Some files had not been overwritten probably, as it said .15 version in the about bit. I reinstalled and it works fine!

Thank you once more. Question. Is there a Lua script to transfer ownership of cites between civs. via events?

Last edited:
Thank you once more. Question. Is there a Lua script to transfer ownership of cites between civs. via events?

This transfers the city at (110,72,0) to tribe 2
Code:
civ.getTile(110,72,0).city.owner = civ.getTribe(2)

You can also have the city 'captured' with
Code:
civ.captureCity(civ.getTile(110,72,0).city,civ.getTribe(2))

This is very useful, as it can simulate shifting alliances, rebellions, the spread of plague, cults and the like... Thanks!

Is there a way yet to add a tribe the way we did with CIVtweak or Civ2tribe back in the day?

Sort of. You can change city ownership to the new tribe but you dont actualy get an active functional tribe.
Works for me either way.

You might be able to 'revive' the tribe via hex editing. According to Catfish's saved game info, byte 686 determines whether tribes are alive. Sadly, the current state of Lua events doesn't let you set the value (though you can get it).

http://users.tpg.com.au/jpwbeest/jp_hex.htm#Parameters

Game Parameters 42 664-705

1 686 Byte
Tribes left in play
0x01 Tribe 0 (barbarians) alive
0x02 Tribe 1 alive
0x04 Tribe 2 alive
0x08 Tribe 3 alive
0x10 Tribe 4 alive
0x20 Tribe 5 alive
0x40 Tribe 6 alive
0x80 Tribe 7 alive

Thank you for your time and help. I will try it with the hex editor and share the results.

Is this line? Looks empty...

Attachments

• axe hex.png
    axe hex.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 683
Top Bottom