• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Mutations

Wyrmhero

Dragon-Lord
I know how to get mutations (chaos mana or Balseraph UU) but what is the chance for a mutated unit with chaos mana, and what promotions can they randomly get?

You can also get Mutations from the Divine Chaos 2 spell (OO priests).

Possibilities are:
Amphibious
Blitz
Cannibalize
Cold Resistance
Combat 1
Crazed
Diseased
Empower1
Enervated
Enraged
Fire Resistance
Heavy
Heroic Defense
Heroic Strength
Immune to Disease
Light
Lightning Resistance
Mobility 1
Poison Resistance
Regeneration
Sentry
Stoneskin
Strong
Vulnerable to Fire
Weak
Withered

So really it is almost always in your favor to mutate. As I recall it is an 8% chance to get each one of them, no limit to how many you can get (and no minimum, so you can mutate and get nothing)

Thanks. I was wondering what the chance of getting each was as well. What is the actual chance of getting randomly mutated by chaos mana?

I think its 2 or 3% per chaos mana.

Thanks Chip & Xienwolf. How did you find this out, by the way? Is there a section in your guide that I missed, Xienwolf, or...?

There are approximately 90 pages of my guide that you missed because I am still writting them/filling in the data :)

Got the information out of the XML though for the moment since I am currently in the process of adding all promotions to the new version of the guide. (I just hope it comes out under 10MB so I can still upload it...)

And for the "negative" mutations -- which can be removed, and by what?

Diseased can be removed by several sources, all the rest of the negative promotions can be cured by dispanding the unit, otherwise you roll the dice.

Going off what I can remember at the moment instead of digging through the XML, so one or 2 might be dispellable since I haven't looked over that list at all yet...

Crazed - Cannot be removed. But only downside is that it causes Enraged.

Diseased - Cure Disease Spell, Aquae Sucellus, or Pool of Tears

Enervated - Pool of Tears

Enraged - Win in Combat, or Pool of Tears (I think)

Heavy & Light - Cannot "Cure" but it is a mixed blessing, not completely a bad effect.

Vulnerable to Fire - Cannot Cure.

Weak - Cannot Cure

Withered - Pool of Tears.

Crazed and Enraged - send them to plains , near stack of your strong units. When them become barbarian - kill it and get experience.
If bad promos - cast burning blood, watch them become barbs - kill, get exp.
Or, other side, you can stack weak warriors in cities or defend undoubtfull defended ones for military happiness.

Top Bottom