My closest European rival has placed his new colony in an absolutely unacceptable place

Superjew

Chieftain
Quarantine playthrough (along with FF9, COH2, Fallout 4, Skyrim, GTA V)

He put that effing colony in the WORST place. For whatever reason, my random generated map, TAC btw, has BIG lakes in a pangea sized 2 combined 2 continents. 5 European powers. One closest to me is the English.

And I don't do open borders...I recall in the old colonization, when I did that, I'd have a constant flow of lets say "gun boat diplomacy" foreign military troops in my square. We're at peace, but they eventually gather up quite a military presence.

And with no open borders, his 2 colonies make it so i want to access the rest of the bottom 2/3's of the map map, I have to take a LOOONG trudge around a big lake, to get to the rest of it. It's kind of an interesting random map, rarely is inner lakes so big and numberous, that you could actually plausibly justify building shipyards and ships to traverse the lakes, this one you might though. It's only 1515 though.

Is there any major caveats I need to consider if I remove gradually remove my European rivals one by one? I just don't see how I can coexist with this guy. And the others, I don't like them either, since they're also competing for my founding fathers, and I've seen them revolution declare as early mid-late 1600's...which stymies my ability to declare independence first which is the endgame score goal.

Top Bottom