My first mode

dartmor

Chieftain
My first mode. Version 2. ATM i am working on version 3.

Modever2.

Changes:
1. Warrior(Str 6) now opens with MINING tech.
2. In place we have "Brute" with Str4 in the begginning.
3. Bronze Archer(Bronze Working) and Iron Archer(Iron Working) - ranged str 7 and 8, Iron Archer needs 1 iron resource.
4. Spearman now have FREE promotion cover1(+25% def vs archers)
5. Roman Legion needs now 2 irons on place of 1 iron. Now Roman Legion - it's unique hybrid of Spearman's bonus vs archers(Roman Legion also have cover1 free prom). Still has +2 bonus str compare to swordsman.
6. Greek Hoplite - same as Spearman, free cover1 prom.
7. Persia changes:
- Immortal now CAN FIRE at one hex, ran str - 5. Double regeneration free promotion WAS REPLACED by "march" free promotion(+1hp each turn).
- Satrap's Court now replace Courthouse. Cost less hammers, and each SC gives +20% golden age time bonus.
- Darius has now +20% in place of +10% to unit's str while Golden Age.

http://ifolder.ru/19852076 - all XML's needed, in rar format

That's a cool idea, giving immortals a tiny ranged attack. I wonder if giving all spearmen a modest ranged attack would be good.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but it is called a 'mod' not 'mode'.

I like all the ideas except I don't understand the reasoning behind the Warrior being opened with Mining. Also, what is your reference for a Bronze Archer or an Iron Archer. All archers used wood for the bow. They used stone, bone, metal for the arrowheads. Is the tips supposed to be the thought process behind 3 seperate archers?

Sorry, well, "my first mod" xD
About Warrior - it's because i can't change tech for now. I would prefer to create some new tech, that logically allows to create Warriors.
About Archers - it's just three different archers with stone/bone, bronze and metal arrowheads. I just don't have any idea how to call them differently
And i am sure that even wooden bows changed trough time, and became more powerful.

The satrap's court +20% golden age length is cumulative? I suspect that to be incredibly overpowered. You'll be in a golden age the entire game from the medieval age onwards.

Creating a new tech is easy. The hard part is placement on the tree.

Creating a tech that enables warriors might be tricky...best to leave it as Mining, in my opinion.

Well, about Satrap's Court. Maybe +10% is better. If someone can test this and tell me if it is overpowered or not, i will change )

you have some nice idea's, great work.

but i think darius is becomming way to strong wiht his immortals having range and with his court giving 10% extra goldenage ontop of his 50% (his power) that means in a marathon game he gets 30 turn of golden age instead of 20, plus 2 turn of every court.

that is just way to good, i reccommend giving him a 5% bouns for every court.

as for the legion, keep it at 1 iron cause if you cant find any iron (wich happend to me alot) the best power of ceasar is lost.

the rest is briliant work. keep it up!!!

Top Bottom