My Immortal 1

Sorry for the delay - preseason meeting made me double-checking my everything. I really thought I'd have more time.

Ohh well, another short update:

700 BC

Spoiler :
T77 Eastern gold was finally in my borders and 2 workers up there (+ 1/3 of road done). I also got Buddhism in Shanghai - that means fur & deer will be in my borders in 6 turns. So I changed my mind once again and decided not to settle hunting city - instead I sent worker to road toward fish city for the settler coming next turn from Guangzhou. Lowered slider to 70% and finished Aesth next turn and gifted sheep to HC. Researching Alpha on 30-40% waiting for a trade. T80 finally connected gold!
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
T81 settled fish city and met SB! No trades yet tho. T82 I was finally able to run 2 specs in Shanghai and 1 in Guangzhou!
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
T83 first trade: Aesth for Alpha (~190 invested) + Hunt + Fish with SB. One worker automatically sent to improve furs. Research: Currency, binary. Forgot to screen it, but in T84 traded Aesth for IW + Archery with Lizzy. And we have iron!
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
WK finished Oracle, but I have no idea what he took. If anyone can decipher that I'd be grateful! :dunno:
Spoiler Tech Situations :
Spoiler T85 :
Spoiler T81 :
I saw HC going for my barb city, I just got carried away with thinking of wth did WK oracle? But I was secretly hoping HC will fail, cause I had only 4 chariots & 2 warriors ready. T86 he failed and left 1 archer alive, then I tried it: failed @70%, captured it with 96%. Also, settled crab spot.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
T87 connected furs and some of my cities already @ happy cap. Good round :) but no time atm to play further. :cry: Plan still stands, Currency then CoL (I think), CS. I still have to find last 2 AI's and settle clam spot and probably on the stone after that. I don't see perfect NE city, could crab city be it? Gold will go to FP's city, Xian. Can Zhou, that barb city be HE? 3 grasshills & 2 desert hills & ivory and good food. I think that's best spot for it. :dunno: Satellite cities are working all of cottages that capitol can't for now and finally 2x2 GS's. I want 1-2 cities more to work specs, but not possible for now. First will build Academy, 2. bulb Philo. At least that's the plan. For now.
Spoiler Empire :
Spoiler Info Screens :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :

Attachments

• My Immortal 1 - Dubioza BC-0700.CivBeyondSwordSave
    125.9 KB · Views: 32
Your "Spoiler for T81" shows T65. But I think Wang Oracled Construction.

Nice play so far. :thumbsup: You might want to settle a city to work the Deer and Fur, before Wang tries to settle on the tundra hill and steals 2–3 resources away from you. Not a huge deal, though.

Fixed, thanks! Ye I think you're right, it has to be Construction. :)
He might do that, ha? :hammer: LoL

Nice game so far Dubioza. Only stoney clam horse needs to be settled to get you to 10 good cities. You are in a good position. Lets hope the pyramids and the hanging gardens are build soon so you can trade for masonry and maths.

250 BC Yes, slowly moving toward 1AD!

Spoiler :
T89 Lizzy built ToA. I finished Library in Xian and workboats in both cities on south coast. T90 I upped slider to 100% and will reach Currency in 3 turns. HC started plotting - I have warrior & chariot in his land and I don't see any stack. But since Lizzy is his worst enemy I think I'm safe.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
T91 he DoW'd Lizzy and converted to Buddhism. Zhou has been pacified and in T92 ivory conected. T93 Currency finished and SB converted to Hindu.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Changed from this(Image#1) to this (Image#2) and decided to research CoL on 50%. T94 got first GS - sent him to capitol and built Academy in 500 BC. HC built 'mids and was finally willing to add Masonry to Aesth for Sailing trade.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image#1 :
Spoiler Image#2 :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
T97 got CoL and founded Confucianism in city with no culture. Great; I sent missionary to Guangzhou to further boost it's culture. T100 Lizzy asked me to join with her against HC; I refused. And here I sold Aesth to WK (40), Alpha to HC (50) and Alpha to Lizzy for Med & 60 gold. Was doing binary on Math waiting for a trade, but after I refused Lizzy's request decided to selftech it. T101 HC demanded 180 gold, refused that too. Finally OB'd with WK! T102 another request from HC to join in war against Lizzy. Common already with those demands! Finished Math and met Ramesses! OB'd, traded Aesth for PHood+20. Seeing TechSituation @ T103 switched research from CS (binary) to Monarchy (on 60%). Sold Med to HC for 20 gold and settled hunting city.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler tempted_but_refrained :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler TechSituation T103 :
Spoiler Image :
T104 traded Math for Monarchy with Ramesses, T105 settled clams & stone cities.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
That's it for settling; I might settle 2 more as marked in next image, but not for now. I'd like marble (SW ice), but this WK's city has Oracle, I don't think I'll be able to keep it. 2 chariots are scouting behind WK trying to find last AI and Egypt.
Spoiler Empire :
Another decent turnset, good stopping point. I have to do something...hopefully I'll have time for another turnset today. Most of cities have Granaries, lot's of them have Libraries (better Libraries then Monuments now) - have 3 Monuments tho and am fail-building SPaya. Now that I have stone, I'll build MoaiS in future HE city (Zhou - is it worth it? 5 coastal + 3 ocean tiles). I'm reluctant to go to Music although GArtist for GAge would come in handy I think I'll switch to Bureau as soon as I get to CS. In 13 turns I'll get 2. GS and bulb Philo. While HC & Lizzy slowed themselves with war, I could start thinking how to get WK. It would have to be before he gets Feud or after I get....trebs? I have to re-examine situation, see what would be best approach. He'd be great vassal, he's teching fast! Then we should think about SB, he's at 10 cities and not backwards.
Spoiler Info Screens :
Spoiler City Overview :
Spoiler Tech Situation :
Spoiler Demos :
Spoiler Top 5 Cities :
Spoiler Stats :
Edit:

Sorry about the imageshack (again).

Thanks Killroyan, doing my best. Didn't see your post, I guess I still need more then 30 mins to write this.

Q: Would you build Markets (2 market happy from resources)?

Attachments

• My Immortal 1 - Dubioza BC-0250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    153.3 KB · Views: 28
I've been meaning to play China for a while, maybe I'll do a quick shadow at some point.

What would you say is your goal in this map? Just beat Immortal?

:yup: I didn't even thought about VC's, now I think culture might be decent option? I have some of 3 religions, with Philo (if I get it) 4. My diplo is messed up from all those demands though...

Poor diplo situation and culture don't usually mix too well together. Judging by Killroyan's comment you're already at 9 cities by 700BC so that any VC should be open.

I was only asking to see what you had in mind, however ;)

Yep I was, thanks to those...
13 million bushels of food!
Actually it was 8 + barb city still 4T in revolt. To you it may be just to beat Immortal, but I think I'll stop calling myself rookie after I do just that! :cowboy:

Really short update, need some suggestions;

75 BC

Spoiler :
SB demanded horses, this time I gave in. HC completed So'Zeus. 175BC went 100% on CS and traded for Wine with WK. 150BC SB converted to Judaism and I sold PHood to HC for 40 gold. Finally I see borders of last AI.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
125BC barb archer moved out of the city to kill HC's scout and left only 1 archer in. Last AI is....Ragnar!

Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
100BC I captured barb city loosing one and giving my other chariot 10xp. Just to be safe it's promoted to Medic.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Now it's 75BC, CS is finished, workers in positions to spread irrigation (Shanghai, Tianjin, Zhou). Lizzy adopted OR and traded me Dye.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Q1: What to research? To Music via Poly-Lit or Drama? Or something else?
Q2: Who to gift that barb city to? WK or SB (only 2 options)?
Q3: To switch to Bureau now? Bureau and....HR or Caste?
Q4: To sell Monarchy to 2 AI's for 40 gold or not?
Spoiler Info Screens :
Spoiler TechSituation :
Spoiler Relations :
Spoiler Capitol :
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• My Immortal 1 - Dubioza BC-0075.CivBeyondSwordSave
    161.2 KB · Views: 29
Techs: you're way ahead.
Land & pop: you're way ahead.

Diplo: Jewish block would vote you a diplo victory, provided good relations (civics, shared wars). It would be nice if they built the AP.

Win: Kill Huayna, Elizabeth & Wang. In no particular order. Bribe Jewish on them while you're at war.

Tech:
You don't have marble. I wouldn't research Litt - Music, unless you settle a 14th city to claim the resource (I wouldn't: you have all the production you need to win).
I'd grab a military tech of some sort to invade a neighbour. They don't have cities, nor production, nor tech. The sooner you capture, the better off you'll be.

Seeing how you have CS already, I think the choice is between:
- Metal Casting (Forges, happies), Machinery. Costly and sturdy option.
- HBR. Nice and cheap if it gets you Elephants.
- Construction. A support tech without HBR and an easy trade (bad). Cats + swords is strong before longbows (good).
- Renaissance.

I think I'd head for MC and a Medieval stomp (Maces, Cats, then X-Bows, then Knights & Trebs, etc.). Trading for Construction would be welcome.

Once you have your tech and are in position to pump units, forget about military techs: tech up to Lib and an economic slingshot (e.g. Economics, Constitution, Sci Meth, Physics, Steam Power... whatever you can).

I was thinking MC, but Music can be traded for it soonish, I believe WK will go there soon. Plus it would get me GArtist and I'd like HE, even if built without marble too. Hmm...I'm waiting for trades, but they come really rarely. Constr & HbR would be nice to trade for..

I was so concentrated on how to get WK that I totally forgot about HC & Lizzy. They should indeed be easy targets. I guess lack of recent play-time affects me.

Finally, moving again!

500 AD

Spoiler :
Research: MC. Switched to Bureau (Bureau + something else would need 2T revolt, I forgot about that) and begged Ragnar 2 gold/T cause he was plotting and turn later Lizzy for 50 gold. They both accepted. 1AD I denied CoL request from HC and gifted that barb city between WK & SB to WK.

Situation @ 1 AD (for reference):
Spoiler Info Screens :

Spoiler City Overview :

Spoiler Relations :

Spoiler Tech Situation :

Spoiler Demos :

Spoiler Stats :

Lizzy got GP and founded Christianity in 50AD. Here I put 1T into Calender and traded CoL with HC for it. Research: Drama and in 100AD I bulb'd Philo, founding Taoism. Decided to go for Music and in 150 AD I sold Drama to HC (50), SB (110), WK (Poly+50), Ramesses (60), Lizzy (50) and Alpha to Ragnar for 10 gold.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :

Spoiler Image :

Spoiler Image :

Spoiler Image :

175AD traded Calender to Ramesses for Mono+50 and Poly to HC for 20 gold. In 225AD got GArtist from Music, sold Mono (60) and traded Deer for Incense with HC. Research: Machinery, first binary for few turns then on 100%. In 275AD sold Poly to SB (40) and Mono to Ragnar (10). In 300AD WK built Mahabodhi & SPaya. Got 130 failgold from it. In 350AD HC made peace with Lizzy and I started GAge to speed up a bit, while researching Paper and to get next GS in ~7T instead ~16. Switched to HR & Pacifism and converted to Buddhism (3 cities with Buddhism are working specs). I could've switched to CS as well, but I chose not to.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :

Spoiler Image :

Spoiler Image :

Begged HC for 40 and WK for 70 gold, they both gave in. Sold Mono to SB for 30 gold. In 400AD traded Music & CoL for Feud with Lizzy and turn later finished Paper. Over 90% of tiles in my Empire are improved, over 50% have roads and only 5-6 forests left (2-3 not in BFC's). In 450AD traded CS + map + 55 gold to WK for HbR & Constr & Lit. Sold Monarchy to Ragnar (20), HC (40) and CoL to Ramesses for 55 gold. I'm researching Nat, preparing to lib MT. Too early I guess, I still need to get to GPowder for Cuirs. Probably should've research Eng instead. Now is 500AD, I just got GS and partially bulb'd Edu and sold Lit to HC for 50 gold.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :

Spoiler Image :

I'm slowly building military units, most of cities have their desired infra. Ragnar & SB are still in war, HC never abandoned his red fist and 2 turns ago WK started plotting. My chariots are returning from scouting (all but 1) and my units are starting to look like a mini-stack. Will be able to see what's WK up to in next 2 turns, but I don't think it's me. I could backstab him if he'll go for Ragnar. I'd like to get to Cuzco, it has 4 WW's and I'm sure he's building more. That means HC ≠ vassal and if I plan to kill him completely, it could take quite some time to take all 5 of his cities. Will see how it goes...
Spoiler Info Screens :
Spoiler Tech Situation :

Spoiler Relations :

Spoiler Demos :

Spoiler Stats :

Attachments

• My Immortal 1 - Dubioza AD-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    189 KB · Views: 25
Some good things in there, but I'm not sure what your plan for warring is. Seems like you couldn't decide between medieval war and Cuirs? If you wanted medieval war, you should have gone for Engineering as soon as you were able to and produced a lot more Macemen and Trebs with the whip. If you wanted Cuirs, you shouldn't have bothered with Metal Casting and Machinery, and should have produced Horse Archers instead of Macemen.

I guess the only good thing about it is that you'll have a few units around to defend against Wang if he targets you (it always is embarassing trying to stop a medieval army with nothing but ten Horse Archers ;)).

Great work on your tech rate though, if you don't get declared on now you should pretty much win this game. Just remember not to stop Cuir production and warring too early.

Yeah I know, I dunno :lol:
Didn't know what I want really, misjudged time when I could start building units I guess. Plus, good tech-rate allowed me to tech quite easily through all that. I probably could've build some wealth in between basic infra and go for Cuirs. I'll go there now but I think I'll start one war soon and get Cuzco and all it's WW's. Unless WK will have other plans.

Edit: Now at the end of GAge I should switch out of Pacifism and adopt OR instead? Should I stay in Buddhism or switch to some other or out of every religion? I have at least one of every religion.

800 AD

Spoiler :
After period of indecision and teching all over the place, decided to go for Engineering; both trebs & +1 road movement are strong. And I felt the war is near, so Eng is very good to have. Last day of GAge switched from Pacifism to OR and changed religion to Conf as I have more cities with Conf then Buddh, which still need some buildings.

540AD my GAge ended and WK DoW'd HC. And entered his land with 2 chariots. :D Here I sold & traded maps for total of 200 gold & 2 AI maps. 580AD HC built MoM and Ramesses DoW'd him. So I whipped some units to join the party and in 620AD I DoW'd him too.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
In 640AD took Machu Picchu while researching what was left of bulb'd Education. In 700AD captured Tiwanaku and got GGeneral in the process, while researching what was left of Nationalism.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
All of my cities are building/whipping units - except Zhou (HE), Tianjin (NE), Chengdu (Notre Dame) and capitol (Forge & University). Now when capitol took most of it's tiles back it starting to look like good Bureau capitol. 3 more "soon to be towns" tiles are waiting for happy cap to rejoin as well. That's why you shouldn't be afraid of overlap and see that overlap is actually a good thing. In this case 4 of my helper cities are growing overlapping cottages (11 of them!) so when capitol takes them back, they are towns already or very close to it.
Spoiler Image :
In 720AD finished Nat and Lizzy built hindu AP. HC was willing to capitulate, but I want Cuzco! Created GMedic to help with this cause. Started researching Lib and in 760AD came next to Cuzco. Most of my workers are in x-Inca's land preparing terrain when cities come out of revolt, 6 (I think) are left behind just in case.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
I have 3 Hindu cities, I should spread it and build Hindu temples & monasteries for AP's religion hammer bonuses. The thing is, one of them is capitol which still needs it's own temple & monastery and university, other is only city with stables and third is still in revolt. I will get to that asap, I just need to....take Cuzco!
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
In ~6 turns I'll have ~6 WW's and NE will be finished by then. Now it should be easy to take last 2 HC's cities (to get rid of motherland unhappiness) and I'll have to settle one more by Inca's marble. Lib is near, I could take MT - but Lib will be researched just in time to see which GP I'll get next. No one is close to Lib, so I could tech GPowder and bulb & finish Chem to take Steel. If I get GS. Currently available units should be enough to kill HC and to try to vassal Lizzy. I hope.
Spoiler Info Screens :
Spoiler Top 5 Cities :
Spoiler ES :
Spoiler Demos :
Spoiler Stats :
Spoiler City Overview :
Spoiler Tech Situation :

Attachments

• My Immortal 1 - Dubioza AD-0800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    205.2 KB · Views: 25
I suspect you are going to win. ;)

I'd personally Lib MT and clear the map with Cuirassiers; it's always nice to Lib an impressive tech, but with your current land and tech advantage, you can just overwhelm the AI with superior troops and numbers. You have two small soft targets before you have to deal with Sitting Bull.

Don't forget to cancel resource deals after the ten turns are up. Unless you have a reason to trade Corn to Elizabeth and Horse to SB?

Thanks, will check those. SB demanded horses and corn I gifted Lizzy was double. I gifted some early game to improve relations, thanks for reminding me! It should be faster to deal with Lizzy & WK with libbin' MT, I like cannons tho. :) They're unstoppable for the next 500 years or more. Will see what will next GP be....altho, everyone here seems saturated with Cuirs wars I think I never used them like that, mostly I try to lib Steel.

1100 AD

Spoiler :
Thanks to advice I canceled resources to Lizzy & SB and traded corn to Ragnar for 1gpt instead. WK finished TGLib and got 340 gold for trade. I didn't want to sell him techs cause I feared he's becoming too advanced. :rolleyes: I sold Calender to Ragnar (30) and traded bananas to SB for 7 gpt. I stopped researching Lib 100 beakers to go and switched to GPowdwer, binary for 3 turns to see what next GP will be. While WK & HC were fighting outside of a city I came next to O...tambo.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
In 900AD finished NDame and got GM - sent him to London (ToA) for TMission. Captured O...tambo and settled on marble while getting next to Corihua...a with mini-stack. Switched research back to Lib and libbed MT in 920AD, when I captured Corihua...a and killed HC completely.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
GM saw ~5 units in Lizzy's cities on his way to get 1700 gold from TMission. Got it in 960AD and finished GPowder turn later. Next research: PPress. I have enough towns & villages for PPress to matter, plus Lizzy is researching Guilds - I'll trade for that on way to Econ after I cap her. So I DoW'd her in 1000AD. Dealt with her mini-stack with my while sneaking next to Nottingham with other.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Captured it in 1020AD and got 2. GGeneral - settled him in HE city. She capitulated after I moved all my units in or next to Nottingham. Traded her Eng for Theo and turn later Nat for DRight. Gifted her Nottingham back and started on Chemistry.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
I should've stopped here and re-evaluate, figure out how to get WK fastest but got carried away. No biggy, just will be few turns later cause I have long border with him. I should've built more pikes (or gunpowder units) cause he has elephants and I could already have some units strategically placed to pillage his iron. And some more defenders in border cities. But I continued to spread Hindu and even build some temples & monasteries - they'll come in handy anyways, so it's not a big loss.

In 1070AD Lizzy tried for diplo win, but failed. Traded her Philo & Paper for Guilds and she's researching Banking now. Got GEng and I don't know what to do with him. That city now stopped working specs and focused on hammers. I plan to build Forbidden Palace in Cuzco, one option is to hurry Versailles somewhere. Or he could hurry West Point? Cuzco has most hammers outside of HE and it has settled GG (and HE already has MoaiS). Taj will be done in few turns, so will next GP. So another option is to wait for that other GP and start GAge before Taj finishes - that'd get me 25T GAge. Or he could wait for...dunno. LoL

Chemistry is done, I'm waiting for Lizzy to finish Banking so I can start on Econ.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Capitol now: :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Info Screens :
Spoiler City Overview :
Spoiler Tech Situation :
Spoiler Religion :
Spoiler Stats :
Spoiler Stack :

Attachments

• My Immortal 1 - Dubioza AD-1100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    230.5 KB · Views: 29
Nice work!

At this point, you should think about how you win this game. If you go for Domination/Conqest, I would advise to just make lots and lots of Cuirassiers with whips everywhere but the capital. No-one is even remotely close to Rifling so they should be enough to win this map by chain vassaling (starting with the more advanced AIs) - and even if they don't your capital should get you to Rifling + Steel and allow you to kill off the last ones with Cavalry + Cannons. If you want to go for Diplomatic Victory, you would at least have to switch into Judaism and bribe Elizabeth into Judaism yourself.

Top Bottom