My Strategy of weakening enemy states

lmuk2011

Chieftain
I am going to talk about my strategy of dominating an enemy in warfare, my strategy is about destroying my enemies by resources, as units require certain resources to be built, I tend to defeat my enemies by destroying their Oil wells, Aluminum mines and Uranium mines by using Stealth Bombers, I destroy Aluminum mines and Oil wells to prevent the enemy from building powerful units like Modern Armour and Jet Fighters, Uranium mines to prevent them from building Nuclear Weapons.

My strategy is using Stealth Bombers so I have more success in slipping through Enemy Air Defences and greater chance in destroying the target, in one game I was England, I was challenging a stronger nation (Arabia) they had alot of resources and a huge Navy made up of Nuclear Submarines and Missile Cruisers, as well as an Air Force of Jet Fighters and Stealth Bombers.

How I defeated them: I send a Naval Task force of 2 Destroyers, 1 Missile Cruiser armed with 3 Guided Missiles, 1 Nuclear Submarine, 2 aircraft Carriers with 3 Jet Fighters and 1 Transport with 1 Modern Armour, 2 Mech Infantry and 1 Marine.

Although outnumbered 3:1, destroying their resources proved to be a strategic way of defeating them, as along as the resources are gone, they cannot build more units there for allowing me to bombard their forces and deploy my ground forces.

Well that is my strategy/story.

My preferred method of weakening enemy states is to whip a stack of 12 cannons.

Nuke their uranium.

gg.

:D

The best way to weaken a state though is to get it involve in war elsewhere. The best wars are ones you don't fight. The second best are the ones that you come in for slim pickings.

AI without iron is pathetically gimped early-mid game. No iron = no knights, no xbow, and therefore no unit that can consistently attack a mace with any efficacy. Trebmace = lol dead.

Note that without horse, you can still skip knights/HA and spam xbow on them, where at worst they can answer with their own xbows (not bad at all)...so treb + xbow is very viable against such targets as they'll struggle to both attack and defend.

Other nice resource-denial times include everything (worker steal!) and uranium (nuked uranium painted in fallout, just like all their pretty cities!).

Denying AI horse in renaissance makes for some very easy cannon wars, too.

Tachy likes to steal early workers...
He's not the only one. :D

The OP mainly focused on late game tactics for resource denial. Early game methods include spies, fast-moving mounted units, ships (for resources on or near the coast) and pillaging stacks (usually a mounted unit and at least one defender). Also remember that you don't necessarily have to pillage the resource if you can cut the AI's route to it--i.e. pillage the roads leading there.

The AI, however, often likes to settle right on top of a strategic resource, meaning you'll first need to take that city before you can cut them off. They might spam units the resource enables before you can pull this off.

For a long term enemy, I try to send two stacks at different points in their territory, and pillage
their infrastructure. Those stacks are composed of two mounted units, one spearman, and 2 axemens.
If I could managed them to survive long enough, it will cripple that AI for a while.

Don't forget to take AI-AI trades though. The map may show that an AI is lacking a resource while in fact they are importing it in trade for another resource. Sometimes you need to pillage their Dye in order to deny them Horses.

Top Bottom