N3S I: Empires Ablaze

Swissempire said:
I love creativity. Traditionality is sooo boring..
I agree. That's why I took Minoa. Their society was really wierd compared to others of the time: matrilineal, female-dominated, pacifistic... should be interesting to play.

@NK: When do you want orders by, or are you doing an update 0?

I hope this isn't too outlandish, considering the part about Svalbard

Zanzibar
Player: Dreadnought
Economy: 1
Size: 1
Military: 1,000 men (Terrible (1)), 10 ships (Terrible (1)), Upkeep: 0
Education: Terrible (0)
Infrastructure: Terrible (0)
Quality of Life: Terrible (0)
Technology: (I will fill this out, depending on conditions in your nation)
Government: republic
Religion: Zanzibar polythesism
Culture: (I will fill this out. Not you. But you can write stories about it, to tell me what your culture is like.)
Projects: None yet.

Swissempire said:

Any reference to the home planet of the Chiss in Star Wars? ;)

the C runs with the S. Its pronounced Silla.

alex994 said:
Any reference to the home planet of the Chiss in Star Wars? ;)
ding, ding sding, we have a winner..... WOOHOO! i'm so happy

Edit: Alex, your officialy uber-cool. You understood my chinese insults, and now you understand my SW refrences!

Um... Sometime soon. But not this second. I mean, honestly, can't you just visualize it? :p

The Demarchy of Athenai
Player: Insane_Panda/Aristides I, the Archon Eponymous of Athenai* and the Council of the Strategoi*
Government: Thalassocratic Republic*
Religion: Greek Polythiesm
Culture: (I will fill this out. Not you. But you can write stories about it, to tell me what your culture is like.)

NOTES:

Archon Eponymous of Athenai - the Eponymous excercises civic and administrative duty, he is also the commander of the armed forces.
The Council of the Strategoi - the Council of the Strategoi is a council of 10 generals, or strategos incharge of the navy and army of the state.

Thassalocratic Republic - The Thassalocratic Republic is a republic centered around the maritime assets and the navy of the state. The Athenian Thassalocracy is a republic, and its representative body is the Ecclesia, a council of 500 governing representatives. (Note, this is more like the boule of OTL, and not the Ecclesia, which was open to all citizens in OTL athens). The Ecclesia inturn elects the Archon Eponymous, who is the head of government and the leader of the council of the strategoi. The A. Eponymous serves a lifetime term. The council of the strategoi are elected by the members of the Ecclesia to serve 20 year terms.

Taurica
Player:~Darkening~
Government: Monarchy
Religion: none

Start me out in crimea. ; )

Yan/King Wu
Player: ThomAnder
Government: Divine Monarchy
Religion: Mix of Chinese and steppe polytheism

Capital: Beijing

Aristocra Fass looked out the window of his primitive palace at the Pillars of Thrawn(OTL Pillars of Heracles). The Chiss had been settling down and forming specialized communities since the rule of Aristocra Thrawn, 156 Moons ago(OOC: thats 100 years for the astronomically deficient). From the beggining, the Chiss society had been taking a unique turn, forming strict rules and a unique religion. They had defeated the Berber tribes in the area to the south, though not without bloodshed. Most had migrated southward to better lands. Aristocra Fass looked upon his capital as it was being constructed of wood and stone, a permanent settlement on the coast of the "gateway", as it was known. The city, yes city was a good word for it meaning in the Chiss language Big Town, would be called Csaplar. But it was time for the Aristocra's meal.
--------------------------------

As Fass dined on food and drink, he pondered the developing civilization of Csilla. He pondered the religion, pondered like a Whill would. Ascenism, as it was known, was a complicated, yet simple religion. The beleif was that a great Family of Life, known as the Whill's, watched over Earth and her inhabitants, nudging time itself along.

Father Whill created time and the universe itself, though it was an empty blob. He tasked his daughter with creating the stars and the sun and the moon. He set to work on the thing he called Soul.

Mother Whill created the earth and its animals, reated trees and water. She watches over her creation with a mother love and fierce protection

Daughter Whill created the heavens, the sun and the moon. When man was created, she created Paradise for him, so he may have a place for his soul to rest.

Son Whill created Man, a vessel for his Father's souls. He was mischevious and gave them Thought and Free Will, against his Mothers wishes. He allowed them to rise above the animals.

Aristocra's daydream was interrupted... nature calls.

Emperor Cyrus strode along streets of the young city of Persepolis with his guard. Groups of soldiers and settlers were leaving almost daily. The empire was growing larger every minute, or so it felt. The people knew it as well. They were going about their business as if there was a greater power guiding them.

Ever since his army had turned back the Medes for the last time, Cyrus' people had been this way. An incessant optimism, perhaps. The Euphoria of a victory.

But the reason mattered little. What was being accomplished, however, did. Persian forces had already begun to conquer the minor states along the Tigris, and towards the barbarians in the east. The Medes were now in a hopeless decline, which Cyrus decided he would attempt to hurry, if he could spare the resources.

This state of things in Persepolis continued to go on. The greater purpose, being the birth of an empire, continued to pull the people onwards.

Persia was rising...

Holy jeez, had Aristocra Fass had a bad day. Uggh. He almost had to cut a baby in half to solve a dispute. Not to mention all the squabbling between families and the Syndic requesting more ships. For the millionth time, Fass went over the structure in his head....
----------------------------------
The Aristocra was choosen by the 5 families(which will be covered in more detail later) whenever the previous one died. He was chosen because he was the most able to lead the populance. The duties of the Aristocra were to oversee the country. He or She made decree's, solved differences, and made domestic and forieign policy. The Aristocra could order the military to do something, but it was the Syndic who was in primary control of said entity.

The Syndic was head of the Military, both Navy and Army. The Syndic receives the Aristocras orders, and formulates strategy and oversee's the carrying out of actions. Under him are the Grand Admiral and the Force Commander, being the heads of the Navy and Army respectivly

The 5 Ruling Families were not families in the sense of Mother-Father, but in the sense of Royal Houses. In fact, people could be inducted INTO families, making them nobility. The five houses are:

The House of Chip- Very Navy orieted house, long list of Grand Admirals

The House of Sud- In Control of Southern Csilla(Morroco, North Africa), they in conjuction with the house of Chip are into the Sea Trade

The House of Iber- In control of Northern Csilla(South Spain...Iberia), they are rich though the Olive trade

The House of Phalanx- Very Military oiented house, long list of Force Commanders.

and The House of Ire- A fairly neutral house, usually breaks the tis for Syndic and Aristocra, and has their fair share of those. They look after the populance and want whats best for Csilla.

Tartessos
Player: The Farow
Government: Monarchy
Religion: Polytheism

Assyria
Player: andis-1
Government: Absolute monarchy
Religion: Zoroastrianism

Top Bottom