Nationhood how to?

civn

Chieftain
I'm at war with Cat, even though she love the treaty in my pocket a few turns back.

I'm not prepare for war yet, so I turn to nationhood and hoping to pop out 3 units per turn. But I can't seem to get 3 units. What's the procedure to get 3 units per turns. I've switch to Nationhood. The only new option in my city screen is the build rush, which still short of 3 units.

Thanks,

It's the rush build button you use. You can pop out three conscript military units in total per turn. You lose population in cities where you do this.

I had trouble finding the draft button. Then i saw the word draft bottom middle of city screen above option used for slavery. I think the city has to be above size six. Its a good option but you lose 1 population and three unhappy people for 10 turns. If a city is maxed out in size and has 20+ happy faces its a quick way to boost up your defence. Tried on my recent game and i have created 12 riflemen. Great for defence against cavalry.

Yes, city size 6, three different towns. I still think the English should be able to 'draft' naval units though.
'All right you lovely lad, it's the King's navy for you!'
'But, I don't want to be a sailor. They smell of smelly seagulls and smelly fish and sm ...'
Whack! Whack! Thump.
'What was that lad? You want to sign on for ten years? Twenty years? Good lad'.

Oh, the button I use was from Universal Suffrage, I, however, found the draft button, duh. I have 3 marines queue up, and I click on it, 3 of my citizens b1tching 'Hell NO... We won't GO". Then I faithfully wait for the next turn, but one infantry pop out.

What am I missing here?

civn said:
Oh, the button I use was from Universal Suffrage, I, however, found the draft button, duh. I have 3 marines queue up, and I click on it, 3 of my citizens b1tching 'Hell NO... We won't GO". Then I faithfully wait for the next turn, but one infantry pop out.

What am I missing here?

The draft creates the unit in the Infantry line of upgrades. It does not create the unit in the queue. Drafting is separate from hurrying production. It will create one Rifleman-Infantry-Mech Infantry each time you press the button, and you will have a 10 turn unhappiness penalty for it.

... And they are draftees, so they have a -2 experience penalty, IIRC.

its -half not -2, and i think nationhood gives +2 happy from brax so when you draft one you get -1 basically.

Yes...drafting takes one population and turns it into the best defender in the Infantry line: Longbow, Musket, rifleman, Infantry...the best one you have the tech for.

The drafted troops get half of the XP that they normally would...a barracks gives 2 XP...just enough for that first City Garrison promotion.

The City must be size six (though I thought it was 8?) in order to draft a unit.

You can only draft one unit per city per turn, and only three total per turn.

A quick draft has saved my butt a few times...

It can be useful if you have a high-food city, with the Globe Theater (to counter the unhappiness). And if you are spiritual, you can jump into nationhood, draft a bunch of units, and then back to whatever else you want/need without penalty. When you draft a bunch of units, watch your score drop (due to decreased population) and watch your power graph spike.

Which means it can be useful if you are trailing in power, and are concerned that Monte, Nappy or some other nutcase is starting to size you up for an invasion...get your power graph up to deter the invasion altogether.

Playing right now with the Japanese - Says I can draft 4 units per turn.

bkwrm79 said:
Does it depend on map size?

Playing large maps : 4 units per turn. Good question though.

Top Bottom