Natural Wonders mods

Carlos77

Chieftain
Hey guise, a newcomer here.

Been playing with Civ5 for some short time now (with BNW) and it's great. I got some questions but I can resolve most of them thanks to Google or Civ Wiki.

There's one minor bother though that I simply have to ask about here - are there any good mods for Natural Wonders? Seems to me it's generally a fantastic idea only poorly realized. The Wonder tiles are usually very meager for, you know, "Wonders" :)

I guess Firaxis realized the relative crappiness of the vanilla and G&K NWs so the BNW NWs are significantly more interesting. But they didn't change the old ones.

After a brief search I found some fixes for Krakatoa and Rock of Gibraltar, which are useful all right, but what I'd love to find is some rebalancing mod that would make the older Natural Wonders more, well, wondrous. Any tips?

Thanks a lot.

At this stage there aren't any natural wonder mods available. However, that could very well be about to change:
Spoiler :

We were able to figure out how natural wonders get their shape. Now all we need to do is use that to develop our own, and see if it works

At this stage there aren't any natural wonder mods available. However, that could very well be about to change:
Spoiler :

We were able to figure out how natural wonders get their shape. Now all we need to do is use that to develop our own, and see if it works

Really? Because this is the one major thing missing from the Modding community. Just think of California and the various natural wonders it could have: Lake Tahoe, Mt. Whitney, Death Valley, Mono Lake, Half Dome, Joshua Tree, Mt Shasta, Sequoia Forest, etc. I think that if the land had far more natural wonders, there would be a lot more variety from game to game. I generally follow the same path each game because so few natural wonders exist and the basic land structure is usually the same. With 50 natural wonders on a huge map, imagine how different the game could be (and how powerful Spain would be).

I want that, and a Star Wars mod which creates a Star Wars based tech tree and the various Star Wars civs like the Gungans, Naboo, Wookiee and others. Essentially, I want a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds mod of Civ V...either that or an updated port of SWGB for Windows 7.

I wish modding was like it was back in the early Civ days where there was an editor included with the game where you could edit every unit and building in the game.

Oh yeah, and thanks for all of your mods, you are BY FAR my favorite modder.

There are several mods that change natural wonders, both with regards to placement and with regards to yields. See for instance this mod.

There are several mods that change natural wonders, both with regards to placement and with regards to yields. See for instance this mod.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. While this seems way too little for what I had in mind it's at least something.

It'd be great if the author bumped the NW up to the standard of some of the new BNW wonders or the ones from Scramble for Africa. It's great that Krakatoa or the Old Faithful went from pitiful to sligtly less pitiful but I'd like to see even more yields, more bonuses, more imagination :)

Still, thanks for the tip and thanks the author for his work!

Top Bottom