Naval Support?

UndyingXian

Chieftain
Does Naval support mean you can carry troops on your ships or can you actually attack cities with Naval units? I haven't played the full game yet but I haven't been able to attack cities with the Battleships that I have gotten in the Demo. Just curious about this since I will be picking up this game tomorrow! :crazyeye:

If you have a ship next to a city that you are assaulting wiht ground troops it will provide an additional attack point(later ships may be more).

If my warrior was attacking a city and my galley was next to the city the warrior would get an additional point of attack.

Ahh....I see. I hadn't noticed that before, great point though. Thanks for the help and BTW this is an awesome site.

If you have a ship next to a city that you are assaulting wiht ground troops it will provide an additional attack point(later ships may be more).

If my warrior was attacking a city and my galley was next to the city the warrior would get an additional point of attack.

IIRC Naval Support is 1/2 of the Attack Rating of the strongest Naval Unit next to the square being attacked. Galleons have an Attack Rating of 2, so they would give 1 point Naval Support.

England in the modern era receives full Attack Rating.

It can make quite a bit of a difference, particularly if the strongest Naval Unit is a Fleet of Cruisers or a Fleet of Battleships.

Top Bottom