NBA 2009 Regular Season

OTHER TRADE NEWS

PORTLAND GETS
Marcus Camby (C)

LA Clippers Get
Steve Blake (PG)
Travis Outlaw (SF)
Cash Considerations

Good trade for both teams I think. Camby can still resign with the Clips next year (he apparently WANTS to...I know, I'm shocked as well), and the Clips get a chance to look at Blake and Outlaw to see if they're going to be part of the team next season. Blake is a more than serviceable PG, and gives the Clips real depth behind B Diddy.

Camby is still a great rebounder and defensive presence, and will help firm up Portland's postseason footing.

NEWEST TRADE BUZZ:

The big dominoes are going to start falling very soon...perhaps late tonight, and certainly all throughout tomorrow. There are two big deals in varying states of completion going on right now, and they aren't going to go to the deadline.

THE AMARE SWEEPSTAKES:
Its a two team race between Cleveland and Miami for Amare. Cleveland is currently offering the better package, with 12 million in cap relief (Big Z), and a promising PF prospect in JJ Hickson. Cleveland is also offering their 1st round pick or SG Danny Greene.

Contrary to previous reports, Miami has not offered Beasley. Their package is an expiring contract poopoo platter (Cook, Q-Rich, Dorrel Wright), a quasi-interesting prospect (Super Nintendo Chalmers) and a higher 1st round pick. If Miami includes J. O'Neil's huge expiring contract AND agrees to take Jason Richardson's deal...Miami gets Amare...but that is a huge risk. The Heat are trying to get a 3rd team involved, but for now, pencil in Cleveland as the favorites.

AS THE KNICKS TURN....
The Knicks are trying hard to get Tracy McGrady. The proposed deal right now is:

Knicks get:
Tracy McGrady

Rockets get:
J.Hill
Jared Jeffries
(my personal favorite) LARRY HUGHES

The Rockets have said no...insisting that if they take Jeffries, they should also get another expiring contract and a pick. The Knicks have balked at that idea...but we should still be seeing a Knicks trade very soon

I know its one game, but I suspect that todays Dallas game may be a predictor of things to come.

Caron Butler shoots 25% (but still takes 16 shots!), commits 4 turnovers, and absolutely has his lunch eaten by the the wing players on the Thunder. Butler finishes with a -13.

Heywood only gets 13 min...he is on the bench because he doesn't know the playbook, or is Dallas really going to start Ericka?

Hm .... I wonder if TMac still has stuff left in him. I hope he does since the Knicks have been embarrasing this whole past decade and I go to their games (they're the closest to me of all the NBA teams).

Any TMac trade has nothing to do with his skills. It's just about his expiring 22 million dollar salary and the 2010 free agent class...

Downtown, do you think it would be more beneficial for the Cavs to trade for Amare or Antawn? I think Antawn makes more sense. Although the Shaq/Amare experiment last year proved that the two could work together, Antawn has more experience working as the 2nd, 3rd option (03-04 Dallas). Besides, having another big 6-9 wing who could create shots for himself would relieve Lebron from having to put up a 40-8-8 line every game and save energy for the playoffs.

But, I still think the Lakers would kick their ass in a 7 game series regardless of who they trade for. ;)

we're about to find out, because Cleveland pulled out of the Amare hunt and just traded for Jamison.

THE GOODS
Cleveland GETS
Antwan Jamison
Sebtastion Telfiar

WASHINGTON GETS
Big Z
Al Thorton
Cleveland's 1st round pick

CLIPPERS GET
Drew Gooden

Well the Clips sure seem to be getting the short end of the stick.

I don't even know WTF the Clippers are doing anymore. Getting rid of Camby, their best defensive post player, for pennies on the dollar (yeah I know Outlaw is a good player, but he's out for the rest of the season) and losing their best wing player for friggin Drew Gooden? Drew Gooden isn't even a serviceable big anymore.

Mike Dunleavy the "GM" is even more of a disaster than Mike Dunleavy the coach.

I don't know how the Clippers anticipate snatching up one of the big free agents during the off season when they make disaster move after disaster like this.

The only silver lining I see is that Blake Griffin will not have any competition for the starting PF job next season, unless Bosh, Amare, or Boozer decide to idiotically sign with the Clippers.

Downtown, is Big-Z going to get a buyout from the Wizards? Or do they anticipate him starting for them at center?

we're about to find out, because Cleveland pulled out of the Amare hunt and just traded for Jamison.

THE GOODS
Cleveland GETS
Antwan Jamison
Sebtastion Telfiar

WASHINGTON GETS
Big Z
Al Thorton
Cleveland's 1st round pick

CLIPPERS GET
Drew Gooden

Telfair is going to get a ring? Great...

Feel good for Antawn though. I actually think this is better than the Amare trade would've been.

All indicators point to the Wizards buying out Z and letting Blance and McGee fight to be the center for the Wizards.

The Clips unloaded the guy because now they have enough space to get a max contract. Craig Smith is also a pretty productive PF who ought to get some more shine.

All indicators point to the Wizards buying out Z and letting Blance and McGee fight to be the center for the Wizards.

The Clips unloaded the guy because now they have enough space to get a max contract. Craig Smith is also a pretty productive PF who ought to get some more shine.

But its the Clippers. I doubt any of the top notch free agents would sign there.

More trades? MOAR TRADES:

BUCKS GET:
John Salmons

BULLS GET
Fransisco Elson
Kurt Thomas

Bucks get an actual scorer to team with Jennings in the backcourt, as the Bucks try to make a playoff push. Bulls get two fat expiring contracts. If they don't make another deal before the deadline, I'd say this trade reeks of tanking the season. However, they might still swing a deal with Brad Miller or Tyrus Thomas to bring in some pieces for this season.

Dallas says they will attempt to sign Big Z if he is awarded a buy out. Z is expected to resign with Cleveland after 30 days.

MOAR TRADES....KEVIN MARTIN TO ROCKETS...KNICKS TRYING TO GET INVOLVED TO GET MCGRADY....DEVELOPING...

I'm off to teach, but here is a quick 2010 update.

These teams have cap space for at least 1 max player in 2010: Bulls, Kings, Nets, Knicks, Heat, Clippers.

HERE ARE THE NOTABLE 2010 FREE AGENTS

RAY ALLEN
TYSON CHANDLER
RAJA BELL
LEBRON JAMES
SHAQ
DIRK
JOSH HOWARD
KENYON MARTIN
TRACY MCGRADY
LUIS SCOLA
RUDY GAY
DWANE WADE
AMARE (MAYBE)
MANU
CHRIS BOSH
CARLOS BOOZER

Busy busy Knicks...

Knicks get:
Tracy McGrady
Sergio Rodriguez

Rockets get:
Kevin Martin
Hilton Armstrong
Jordan Hill
Jared Jeffries
Knicks 2012 1st (top 5 protected)
Right to swap 2011 1sts w/Knicks (top 1 protected)

Kings get:
Carl Landry
Joey Dorsey
Larry Hughes

Also,

Knicks get:
Eddie House
J.R. Giddens
Bill Walker

Celtics get:
Nate Robinson
Marcus Landry

I attended the Knicks - Thunder game last night. It was a fantastic game, 121-118 in OT.

Tracy McGrady still has stuff left in him. Unfortunately, he ran out of steam near the end and sat out in the critical OT period where the Knicks certainly could have used him. Can't really blame him anyway, since he had surgery and played about a half hour this season so far up to tonight ... total.

Doesn't seem right that a team can trade someone and then get him back after 30 days.

Yeah, I would support an NBA ruling that prohibits this, but several of the teams complaining about the loophole (Boston for one) have done it themselves. It is nobodies fault but the owners.

Top Bottom