NC166 Julius Caesar

Fun game! I had an Emperor conquest victory in 1665AD. I started with AG>BW>IW and was basically at war from 825BC until my victory.

I destroyed Hatty, Gandhi and then Zara, then capped Monty, Asoka and finally Sitting Bull. I had to get to rifles and upgrade my heavy footmen (mostly CR3 by then) to get Sitting Bull as he matched me for military strength and was ready to bombard my border cities with catapults. The stack was lurking but he wasn't quite ready to go for me. I hit him first and then (for once) built walls and a castle in the city he attacked to hold him off while I fortified with upgraded city defense rifleman. In the end, I only needed to take two of his cities and clean up his stack when he finally attacked to get a huge military advantage and he capitulated.

I don't win that often at Emperor, and winning with praets feels like a bit of a cheat sometimes as they're so overpowered, but my challenge here was to keep churning out military and taking land while not crashing my economy and allowing peaceful nations (like SB) to get a huge tech advantage, which often happens to me in such games.

Fun game!
I don't win that often at Emperor, and winning with praets feels like a bit of a cheat sometimes as they're so overpowered, but my challenge here was to keep churning out military and taking land while not crashing my economy and allowing peaceful nations (like SB) to get a huge tech advantage, which often happens to me in such games.

Nice job!
Yes, one is not out of the woods just because there is an advantage to leverage.
This is a very complex game, and if you relax too much when you have an advantage (in your case here the prets), then another problem can easily grow too big to handle.

Happends to me quite often too if I don't pay attention... The NC monty game was such an example, I got GLH very early (which is in many cases just as OP as prets!) and then managed to conqer two juicy cities with just the right wonders early in the game.
I still struggled though, as I got too comfortable in my position and let alot of small mistakes fly under my radar, and instead of a easy win I had to work long and hard for it in the end. :)

Winning a "won" position is suprisingly hard to do!

Top Bottom