NDNESV: Another God One

Mine are in thread right?

Build a beautiful bounteous land. Use beautiful lady to lead as many people to it as we can to populate and worship me. Use imps to ensure rivals distract each other, fight, and give us lots of refugees

here.

Oh, orders
Collapses southern border of plateau, giving much easier access to Bronach's realm for people down there. Gives goths bards shiny new instruments and training in music. They go out and play for the people of the world.

An update late, but still.

To: Brenna

I hope you and the things of your forest are not offended by the presence of my cabin, by the way. I am happy to earn my keep, for within me is the knowledge to heal all things, not just sapient species. You are the Goddess of Life, you know what must be done to make acorns grow into mighty oaks or what a herd needs to thrive and grow, but you do not know how to stop blights that rage through the forest, destroying life. I could teach you how to stop such things, when they threaten the natural balance, in return for my lodgings.

Your offer is most gracious. Feel free to walk the forests at any time, and impart you knowledge to the dryads if I am not there in person.

To: Brenna

The forest has an order of its own. I will instruct my followers not to destroy your trees.

Thank you.
****​
Orders

Spoiler :
Protect the forest from despoilers. Tell my people to go out into the world and spread my word. Become heroes in my name.

On the Banks of Karse

"It is said that Malahandra, after her terrible rages, came to her senses and gazed back upon what she had done. Behind her were the ruins of what had once been her people, those few who had chosen to live in her dangerous lands. Her anger towards Winoceros for his deception was terrible, but that would be resolved in another story.

Feathered Malahandra did realize the slaughter she had inflicted, upon those undeserving of such torture. Horrified at herself, she sought solace in the continuation of her self-appointed duty. Taking upon the humble shell of a human, Malahandra did walk to the caves which held the last sad survivors, and there she confessed truthfully and without deceit her actions. The people, she knew, must have their vengeance, and she was a vulnerable vehicle to receive their fury. And indeed, some accepted this offer, brutally beating the figure of Malahandra in retaliation for the loss of their loved ones, and many other righteous causes. But there were many, very many, who would not strike a blow on this seemingly helpless figure. They showed mercy, forvigeness... and this was a time when men realized, in many cases for the first time, the falliability of the gods. They showed mercy for a terrible event, mercy which had been refused to them during the rampage of the drugged Malahandra.

And so, alive and deeply moved, our Goddess set out across the world on wings of gold and crimson, to enlist the aid of other deities. She sought to make an amends, of sorts, to neutralize a wrong. That is, of course, her purpose as far as we can tell- but this time, the equalization was not retaliatory... rather than wronging the wrongers, it was righting the wronged. Perhaps her brief meeting with Allas Athaniel had given her this idea... more likely it was in her all along. She always did seem a little too much of a chaotic agent, compared to his sense of order. Different sides of the same coin, or something of the like.

But I digress. She sought out other deities to aid her, calling in favours here or there, to build a fair land for these people of forgiviness, in which they could live and prosper. A land of rich soils and forests, a place of wealth and merriment, hidden away in her canyon home.

Karse. That was the name...
and that, my boy, is the story behind the town that we're living in to this very day."

"So what's the moral of the story Grandpa? Living well is the best revenge?"

"Stories about the gods usually don't have morals... you'll learn that in time."

"Maybe I want to imagine a moral then."

"You're free to do so... and you'll probably be way off the mark."

"Hmm..."

The boy and old man stood silently by the rocky waterside, a short ways upstream from the bustling city of several hundred.

"Can you tell me about what happened with Winoceros?"

"Oh, well, I imagine things eventually got sorted out between them, or we wouldn't have been drinking that ale several nights ago at your brother's coming of age ceremony. I understand that Malahandra practiced a bit of that mercy our ancestors taught us."

"So she let him get away with it?"

"Oh, not entirely. You know, I heard that she smashed up one of his wine cellar's so badly that it formed an entire river of wine flowing out of his lands!"

"Wow? What about the great warrior with Malahandra's Bow?"

"Now that is an entirely different story. I'll tell you about him tomorrow."

Top Bottom