Nearby colonies

Robin_Cox

Chieftain
A new feature in CivIV:Colonization is that you can build your colonies right next to eachother. If doing so, will this make the colonies starve due to insuficient foodsquares to other colonies or does the food etc. per turn work in a different way i Colonization?:confused:

In the original Colonizaiton you were able to move food (as a commodity) from one town to another via wagon train or ship. So even if a city was losing food per turn, it would not necessarily starve (lose population) if food was brought in from elsewhere and stored in the warehouse.

A new feature in CivIV:Colonization is that you can build your colonies right next to eachother.

If it's possible for a settler to build next to an existing colony, I hope it just expands the original colony rather than actually starts a new one. One of the things that really irritates me is when the AI in a game builds a colony/town/whatever so close to one of mine that there is a struggle for control of the tiles within. :mad:

There aren't that many tiles within a settlement. Why would a player want to reduce that number in the first place?

And why in the world would a player build a colony so close to an existing colony that it would be necessary to haul in food to prevent starvation?! The only thing I ever did in the original Colonization that even comes close to that was to found a new settlement on a desert tile forcing a farmer to produce continuously. I only did that once!

Top Bottom