Need help with attack and bombing animation

mars1986

Chieftain
i'm putting new units in my mod and i have a problem with some of them. they have more than one attack animations but i don't know how to give the bombing a different animation as the attack. Since there are three Attack options in the text document but none for bombing. So the result is obviously that when I use bombing, the unit is animated with the ATTACK1 animation.
How can I give the bombing a diferent animation than ATTACK1? :confused:

thx

All you needed to do was look at the default bomber ini.
VICTORY=BomberBomb.flc the victory is used for a successful bomb run.

All you needed to do was look at the default bomber ini.
VICTORY=BomberBomb.flc the victory is used for a successful bomb run.

i tried that too, but it seems it is only valid for air units. I have a Sea unit and a Land unit and i tried to put the bomb animation in the Victory line, but it doesn't work. Or did I miss something?

Now you have me confused you want to make a sea unit and a land unit have a bombing animation :crazyeye:

no no, I have two different units (one sea and the other land) and each one of them has two different attack animations. actually it is not important how many units i have, lol. the point is how can i have a bombing animation that is different to the attack animation of a unit (not an air unit!)?

You can't. Don't try.
Only Aircraft use the Victory slot for the bombing animation. Sea and Land units use the Victory slot to return back to the Default animation.

I think what you are trying to do is use the bombs as a type of missile attack for the sea/land units. DON'T. It doesn't work that way. There is an explosion .flc somewhere in the ART folder that is used by every unit with a bombard function. If you try to replace a normal attack with a bomb... your unit will dissapear for an attack and there will be bombs in its place, exploding in its square. The computer doesn't care what it plays as long as its in the proper slots in the INI file... only we can tell the difference in the animations.

You can't. Don't try.
Only Aircraft use the Victory slot for the bombing animation. Sea and Land units use the Victory slot to return back to the Default animation.

I think what you are trying to do is use the bombs as a type of missile attack for the sea/land units. DON'T. It doesn't work that way. There is an explosion .flc somewhere in the ART folder that is used by every unit with a bombard function. If you try to replace a normal attack with a bomb... your unit will dissapear for an attack and there will be bombs in its place, exploding in its square. The computer doesn't care what it plays as long as its in the proper slots in the INI file... only we can tell the difference in the animations.

I added one of your units Wyrm :D , it's the Arsenal Ship. It has three different attack animations; one gunattack and two missile attacks. what I was trying to do is to use the gunattack for the normal attack animation and one of the missile attacks for the bombing animation.

i think it's very sad that it is not possible, you made so nice animations and I will only be able to use one :cry:

Oh for Crissake don't touch my ship. I set the animations up in that particular order for a reason. When you do a bombard.. it useS ATTACKA.. then in normal combat it goes ATTACKA,B,C and then repeats. If you want to change what it fires first for the bombard, then put another animation in the ATTACKA slot.

I think the confusion is that you don't know what you are talking about. You are using the wrong terms, for frankly everything. And it's confusing the rest of us because we don't know what you want.

Oh for Crissake don't touch my ship. I set the animations up in that particular order for a reason. When you do a bombard.. it useS ATTACKA.. then in normal combat it goes ATTACKA,B,C and then repeats. If you want to change what it fires first for the bombard, then put another animation in the ATTACKA slot.

I think the confusion is that you don't know what you are talking about. You are using the wrong terms, for frankly everything. And it's confusing the rest of us because we don't know what you want.

i'm sorry, but my english isn't that good and i'm still a noob with all the right terms for modding and stuff. but ok, i gonna try to explain it better.

What I want:
I want your Ship to attack only with its guns, not with its missiles, ok so far?
I want your Ship to use the missiles only for bombardments, ok?

Why I can't do it:
As I already mentioned and you repeated, there are three option for the attack: ATTACKA,B, and C. As you know, the bombardment will always be ATTACKA. So it depends on which animation I put in ATTACKA.
BUT, as you should know now, I want the ATTACKA animation to be the normal attack animation, that means a different than the bombardment animation. And that is the problem!

But don't worry, from what I understood what you wrote: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO! That's the only thing I wanted to know. :lol:

I hope I didn't confuse you even more :crazyeye:

thanx for the info :goodjob:

That's a LOT clearer. Talking about bombing animations only has to do with airplanes.

Yes.. clearer but it brings you back to the same conclusion. It works in Civ4 where there is a ranged and a melee attack.. you can't pick and choose in Civ3.

That's a LOT clearer. Talking about bombing animations only has to do with airplanes.

Yes.. clearer but it brings you back to the same conclusion. It works in Civ4 where there is a ranged and a melee attack.. you can't pick and choose in Civ3.

THANKS Wyrmshadow!

... but i prefere to stay with good old C3C :goodjob:

Top Bottom