Need help with planning a trip to France

Creepster

Silent Service
My wife and I are planning on traveling to France for a week this Spring (early May). We will be staying about 30 minutes outside of Paris (Bailly-Romainvilliers ), and are looking for some ideas for sightseeing in the area. Any help would be appreciated. We are familiar with the obvious Paris choices (Louvre, Notre Dame, Eifell tower, etc.), but we are not very familiar with the countyside. Are there any festivals during early May?

My other question is how easy is it to use the trains through the country side? We are debating whether or not to rent a car for a few days or to use the train systems.

Cant help you with the sightseeing, but I had a friend who made a 3 months trip accross france, and she said that the french train was very convenient. Actually, she didn't have much money at the time, and she manage to travel by train for the whole 3 months without paying, she ended up receiving one infraction ticket that became obsolete when she came back!

Thanks for both ideas. I guess what I am looking for are some thoughts from people who live there or have travelled there. I really enjoy immersing myself into the culture and finding the offbeaten track.

Top Bottom