Need help with some code

Gandorhad

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

Im trying to add a line of code to a unique tile improvement which would give it the defensive bonus of a fort, but I have no idea how to do that.
The specific line of code would be great, but any helpful information is appreciated :D

Thanks.

Look at the fort improvement and see what tag provides this. Compare to other improvements that do the same thing and verify your assumption, eg, the citadel (great general special improvement)

I managed to make it work.
I just couldnt find where the base code of the game is...

Look at the fort improvement and see what tag provides this. (great general special improvement)

Where can I find unique improvements though?
Im looking to find the french chateau, but in the file where the fort, citadel and all other, normal improvements are, there are no civ unique terrain improvements...

Edit: Found the file and the chateau, because I want to add additional yields as I research flight or some other random tech and I coppied and changed the code to suit my needs.
Fort bonuses now work, but the added lines of code to give me more yield after researching flight crashes the game.
Im guessing that I need to change the tech too to incorporate the change.
But since there are no files in my mod regarding techs, Im not sure how to proceed?

Last edited:
"Use the force Luke" or even better Agent Ransack

Game files are split over multiple places depending on which expansions / DLC you have, but Agent Ransack will find them all :)

"Use the force Luke" or even better Agent Ransack

Game files are split over multiple places depending on which expansions / DLC you have, but Agent Ransack will find them all :)

I just edited my first response since I managed to make it work. At least a part of it...
Ill check out the tool you sent, but I still need to know how to incorporate tech dependant yields :(

Without the mod attached (see link in my sig), we're just guessing in the dark

So we need the mod as it is as you're using in your game. So just attach the mod file

Okay. But bear in mind, I changed it a few lines here and there.

Attachments

• Serbia (BNW) (v 2).rar
    15.9 MB · Views: 25
But bear in mind, I changed it a few lines here and there.
So does the rar file above contain those changes? If not, please attach the mod that you're using in your game.

but the added lines of code to give me more yield after researching flight crashes the game
There is nothing in the attached mod that mentions "flight", so how can it be crashing the game?

Thats because I removed it :D

I just took the part of the code from the french chateau and coppied it in my mod file, somewhere below the already listed yields of faith and culture.

Top Bottom