Neoteric World

This mod works fine except for the new and improved notifications part. The notifications on the screen just becomes a list of "Could not access..." and fills up half the screen, which gets annoying. The event log is fine, though. Help somebody?

I'm playing this at the moment...about 3 (huge) games in a row.

I've not seen what you mention but it could be I have them switched off?
Is it a separate setting somewhere?

Definitely a job well done. The only problem I have is that in the world news section, things that say "Failed writing INI file (gives directory)/ Neoteric World. Is there any way to fix this? If not, is there any way to disable world news? Any help would be appreciated.

Definitely a job well done. The only problem I have is that in the world news section, things that say "Failed writing INI file (gives directory)/ Neoteric World. Is there any way to fix this? If not, is there any way to disable world news? Any help would be appreciated.

Scratch that, I figured it out. But now, I seem to have a different problem. Even with ranged bombardment on from the BUG menu, I still can't shoot from afar. Also, none of the advanced bombing options work either.

Scratch that, I figured it out. But now, I seem to have a different problem. Even with ranged bombardment on from the BUG menu, I still can't shoot from afar. Also, none of the advanced bombing options work either.

How did you fix this? I have this problem.

If you're talking about the text errors, you have to run the game as an administrator.

For the ranged bombardment stuff, you have uncheck and check the boxes again every time you load the game.

Hope it helped :)

Just before finishing my last game I did have a few errors on the news ticker (top central) with lines mentioning "buildunitname" or something very similar. Possibly related to new units/techs? I didn't investigate (as I'm not sure where to look) and it didn't seem to cause any problems. Nothing appeared in the event log.

Otherwise, no problems and I really like some of the later units...managed to get to heavy tanks and early mech infantry before I won a domination victory. Too many units though to continue playing...must try a smaller map to see the later techs.

Help

I just downloaded the Mod and put it in the right place, but when go on the game and try to load the Mod it just takes me off the game and seems to be loading (like it normally does when loading a Mod), but the game never actually starts playing again. Why might this be and is there any way I can fix it?

Would it make a difference if all the civilisation 4 expansions are on one disc?

Thanks

Whenever I load the mod, it crashes at initializing. I have tried loading it through advanced settings, creating a shortcut, and through a mod loader. Neither one of them worked.
My OS is Windows 7, and I have not changed any files in BTS. I am patched to BTS 3.19 and I have the complete edition.

Well, I got it working. But there's one civ that keeps crashing the game, the Swahili.
I'm not sure how they got in there, I've only installed two modular civs, the Huns and Magyars, but for some reason the Swahili exist. They function perfectly fine as a civ, but whenever entering diplomacy with them the game crashes, the flag is pure green, Liongo (their LH) exists in the civilopedia as an error texture. Perhaps it's a file leaking from another mod? Because I do have hem as a civ in my copy of White Lies and Black Ops.

Hi, I have a problem with download from strategyinformer.com. The download always stops after 32,7 MB.... thanks, ejsi

Same here - 32.7mb then failing. I tried an older modern war version also from Strategy Informer and the same happened to that file too. Is there an alternative site we can download from?

If you're still around BobeBrown, were you planning on releasing an update to your awesome mod? Or are you just answering questions about problems now?

I got back into playing Civ4 and most of the other popukar mods, such as Rise of Man or Caveman to Cosmos, are just TOO BIG and complicated compared to the original game. Although there are some features in those mods I enjoyed (multiple favorite civics, new civics categories, Varietes Delectat style unit art, etc), the simplistic charm of Civ4 seems to be lost with all the other added features, techs, units, buildings, and what not. Neoteric World was the perfect balance imho. I really hope you come back with an update so i can get back into the game. Lol, it feels so weird trying to play a regular game now without the features that Neoteric World provided.

ps. I remember a long time ago you said you would consider incorporating the Varietes Delectat unit art but didn't know if the headache would be worth it or something like that. My offer still stands though, I'll gladly buy the Tylenol or ibuprofen for you if you could incorporate it :). That was the ONLY thing I missed not being able to have while playing your mod.

Internet, LAN, Direct IP, and Hotseat. It always crashes. Is there a way to upload the saved game to see if there's a way to fix it?

My friend and I both uninstalled Civ4 and then reinstalled, updated the game. All our drivers are updated. We've played this mod on multiplayer internet, LAN, and direct ip before, playing all the way to the futuristic time periods, and have never had this happen before. After we end the turn it goes to the desktop and doesn't give any sort of error report, just a message saying Civ has encountered a problem. Could you or anyone else that's active on the Neoteric World help us out?

Top Bottom