Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navajo - 9 (12-3) After invade Pueblo land, Navajo turned slowly on a defensive civ.
Tibet - 11 If Tibet is a political problem, I hope they chose Bhutan over Nepal because Bhutan is culturally closer to Tibet.
Vietnam - 13 (12+1) Vietnam is not only defensive, if not ask Champa or Cambodia.

I found funny that this 3 civs share some characteristics, like start offensive and end defensive, or how Navajo are "Pueblo plan B" and Tibet would probably need a "Bhutan plan B".

Navajo - 10
Tibet - 2 (5-3) China is a huge market for games and everyone wants in there. How do we think the Chinese government will react to Tibet becoming a playable Civ that can defeat a Chinese leader in-game? Never mind that historically Tibet was a powerhouse in the medieval age; we have to be realistic here.
Vietnam - 15 (14+1) A region deserving to be known for more than the famous war the US engaged in there, and doesn’t quite carry the controversy Tibet definitely would.

Navajo - 8 (7+1) The most interesting and fills in a large gap in the map, I've already stated my reasons why I want this civ.
Tibet - 2
Vietnam - 13 (16-3) Not the most interesting civ IMO, and personally i feel like there are better and possibly more unique defensive civs compared to Vietnam.

Navajo - 8
Tibet - 3 (2+1) Looks like they are next to be eliminated, but they are still my favorites, to hell with politics!
Vietnam - 10 (13-3) They are good, but in my opinion, Civ 6 needs the other 2 civs more.

Navajo - 5 (8-3) Among the last 3 my least favored
Tibet - 4 (3+1) Among the last 3 my most favored
Vietnam - 10

China is a huge market for games and everyone wants in there. How do we think the Chinese government will react to Tibet becoming a playable Civ that can defeat a Chinese leader in-game? Never mind that historically Tibet was a powerhouse in the medieval age; we have to be realistic here.
But we really don't need to be realistic. This thread is purely about what we'd like to see.

Navajo - 6 (5 + 1) Brings far more cultural variety to the roster than any other remaining option.
Tibet - 4
Vietnam - 7 (10 - 3) Definitely a strong option, but not above Navajo or Tibet.

Navajo - 3 (6-3) Navaho code would be great for some espionage theme, hogans could be cool ancient burst to whatever devs would want this civ to revolve around but still in this competition i think they should go down next.
Tibet - 5 (4+1) China wouldnt like this is the lamest of excuses, this is about this civ, and it would be superfun, having some sort of elite warrior monk UU, maybe it could be the only civ to settle on mountains(roof of the world theme) while others could only pass through them(with losses like in the Civ V with Carthage) and try to be quick with taking Tibet cities. Last time i voted for Vietnam but i wanted to give this great civilization a burst.
Vietnam - 7

Last edited:
Navajo - 0 (3-3) ELIMINATED I don't find them as compelling as the other two options.
Tibet - 6 (5+1) My favorite out of what remains, and the whims of a tyrannical state won't discourage me from saying so.
Vietnam - 7

I will be very happy if either of the two make appearance in game.
Tibet - 7 (6+1) for me Tibet is more interesting and exciting.However they have to use back channel like Bhutan or different name to be part of series.And I have put more efforts here to save Tibet than Jawaharlal Nehru did in 1950s,so why stop at 2nd place.
Vietnam - 4 (7-3) can't hide my support for Indosphere,but they will be great addition to represent IndoChina nd rival Khmer

Tibet - 7+1=8 Paradox added Tibetan factions and religions to CK2 and nobody batted an eyelash.
Vietnam - 4-3=1 I think 2nd place is a pretty good spot for them.

Tibet - 8-3=5 I've seen some compelling arguments for them but they still don't beat Vietnam in my opinion.
Vietnam - 1+1=2 My favorite out of the two and in my top 3 to begin with.

Tibet - 5 - 3 = 2 Would spark controversy and that is a factor, like it or not (though I don’t like Tibet as much as Vietnam either). @The Kingmaker Given that CK2 has no Chinese localization, how many Chinese people do you think play CK2 compared to Civ, which does have Chinese localization? See https://steamcommunity.com/app/203770/discussions/0/152393186482440542/ for an example of a Chinese person pointing out CK2 is not widely known, understood or available in China, hence the lack of major controversy. Hearts of Iron 4 was also banned in China, so that’s why Paradox doesn’t release games there anymore. And unlike CK2, Civ is not only widely available in China, but it comes with interactive AI personalities with animation that are more visible than CK2 AI (who are mostly flat portraits). The closest Firaxis has gotten to a Tibetan civ is a city state in Civ V; the same for Jerusalem, which indicates they worry about controversy if those civs were to be added. Regardless of what we want or like, we could consider the ramifications if Firaxis adds in Tibet.
Vietnam - 2 + 1 = 3 My favorite out of the two as well, and frankly a more interesting civ in my view. Also could use some differentiation so as to educate people away from the usual US association with a certain Vietnam War in the modern era.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised this ended up as almost a photo finish...

Tibet - 3= 2+1 - while wouldn't have been my first choice as I doubt they'll ever see the light of day, they do have a long and really interesting history. They would for sure be super interesting. A worthy winner.
Vietnam - 0 = 3-3 Eliminated. I think they did pretty well. I'd probably play them but they wouldn't have made my top 3 list.

So, the results are:

1. Tibet :trophy:
2. Vietnam :trophy2nd:
3. Navajo :trophy3rd:

4. Ashanti :trophy2:
5. Hebrews :trophy2:
6. Burma :banana:
7. Swahili :dance:
8. Tlingit :love:
9. Madagascar :goodjob:
10. Italy :D
11. Goths :)
12. Armenia :rolleyes:
13. Bulgaria :think:
14. Gauls :huh:
15. Colombia :dunno:
16. Berbers :shake:
17. Pueblo :(
18. Muisca :cry:
19. Argentina :thumbsdown:
20. Hawaiians :mad:
21. Romania :wallbash:
22. Olmecs [pissed]

Thanks a lot to everyone for the participation, this was a really great and decisive race.

Congratulations to Tibet, this unique and interesting culture. It's a shame we'll never see it in Civ.

Great "Elimination Thread", was fun and interesting!

Just want to point that Olmecs was a bad option for Mesoamerica, is obvious that we dont know enough about them to be a possible on-game civ.
If there is another thread like this just leave Olmecs out, there are many other mesoamerican options that are possible. Some examples:
- MIXTECS, Iya Nacuaa Teyusi Ñaña, great conquereror and diplomat.
- TOLTECS, Ce Acatl Topitltzin, the mythologised sage and religious reformed of Tollan.
- TARASCANS, Tzitzi Pandácuare, great conqueror, Purepechas were the powerfull mesoamerican "oddball" rivals of the Aztecs.
- TEOTIHUACANS, "Sperthrower Owl", great potential with the multiethnic Teotihuacan and their king-governors.
- CHICHIMECS, Xolotl, the barbarian king. Tenamaxtle, the leader of a massive native rebelion againts the Spaniards, that was tougher that the conquest of Tenochtitlan.

To be honest I think it would be interesting to do these (if we do any more) by region. A lot of people were voting for the region they wanted expanded not neccessarily the civ they want. Assuming we could think of enough to add... maybe separate polls for which out of 20 european/middle east civs. 20 asian/pacific civs, 20 african civs and 20 american civs...

That was definitely a close one!

I do like those ideas as well. We could do the best of each region before bringing the top 5 or so into a finals round, etc. It might also be worth considering the earlier considerations that upvotes and downvotes be equal in value but have some sort of system in there for gradual point loss or something like it. @Morningcalm had a good point of trying to bring more people in to play the game if possible.

Regardless, it was definitely a fun game!

If people are still interested in participating in these games, we can create a thread to discuss how this would work. It would be interesting to see which are the preferred civs on each continent, I think would not have problems adding "returning civs" too, excluding blobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom