Never mind my soldiers…just moving through

MarSch

Chieftain
A few questions regarding diplo risk and penalties...

Question 1:If you tell the AI that your units poised around their borders are just “moving through the area” how loing do you have to wait before you can DOW without a diplo hit?

Question 2: if you DO get a diplo hit (for this or any other reason) but neither you nor the AI has met the other Civs (you are the only 2 on the continent and all others are on another continent, for example) do you still get some kind of negative reputation diplo hit with the other civs when you do eventually meet them?

Question 3: you are on a continent with 2 other civs. One civ (Civ 1) has met some other civs on another continent, but you and the second civ (Civ 2) have not met them. You do something that causes a diplo hit, e.g. break your word to not attack and go ahead and attack Civ 2 anyway. Does Civ 1 relay news of your bad reputation to the other Civs you and Civ 2 have not yet met?

1. Very long
2&3. No, I don't think so. But denouncement seems to have effect in one of my games, other than that attack your civ1 so civ1 can't denounce you.

For the second question I just had a game recently where I declared war on and wiped out 2 of my neighbors on my continent. The Inca still remained. They hated me for being a warmonger. I met all of the other civs a long time after ( and I was the first to make contact) and none of them thought of me as a warmonger. I would go with if there is no contact between the civs during the time of your transgression they will not know about it.

Question 2: if you DO get a diplo hit (for this or any other reason) but neither you nor the AI has met the other Civs (you are the only 2 on the continent and all others are on another continent, for example) do you still get some kind of negative reputation diplo hit with the other civs when you do eventually meet them

I played as Mongolia recently, and totally took out every last civ on my continent. They were all totally removed from the game before anyone even thought of astronomy.

Upon getting to the other side of the world, everyone hated my guts because I promised another civ that I would move my army from their boarders, then declared war. Yeah, it was true...in fact I did that to every one of them because I knew I wanted them eliminated, but how they knew was beyond me.

The diplo hit happens regardless of who in the other civ is left to tell everyone about it. Even if you can totally remove them from the game, the diplo hit will remain when you meet other civs.

I played as Mongolia recently, and totally took out every last civ on my continent. They were all totally removed from the game before anyone even thought of astronomy.

Upon getting to the other side of the world, everyone hated my guts because I promised another civ that I would move my army from their boarders, then declared war. Yeah, it was true...in fact I did that to every one of them because I knew I wanted them eliminated, but how they knew was beyond me.

The diplo hit happens regardless of who in the other civ is left to tell everyone about it. Even if you can totally remove them from the game, the diplo hit will remain when you meet other civs.

This is correct. The diplo hit for lying (about just passing through) remains with everyone even on the other continent. The separate "warmonger" penalty appears not to pass over to the second continent if no is left to tell them about it....

This is correct. The diplo hit for lying (about just passing through) remains with everyone even on the other continent. The separate "warmonger" penalty appears not to pass over to the second continent if no is left to tell them about it....

This is funny because many games where Alex is on a different continent I will see lots of lost capital and civ annihilation notifications pop up throughout the early eras. Then when I finally meet Alex and see his empire indicates that he had been warmongering all game long, he calls me a warmongering menace since I am doing the same thing he was :lol: What a hypocrite.

Top Bottom