New call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

They had no huge impact on the world history probably and as Rhye said there is a limit of 22 civs so some should be dropped.

One thing I noticed: in the first post Rhye mentioned 20 civs, in the nineteenth he mentioned 5 additional civs and that the limit is of 22 civs. Can somebody explain this?

One thing I noticed: in the first post Rhye mentioned 20 civs, in the nineteenth he mentioned 5 additional civs and that the limit is of 22 civs. Can somebody explain this?

There is a hard cap on the number of civs in a game of 22 set in the dll. Unless I'm mistaken those civs are ones Rhye is most interested in adding but due to the cap only two can actually be added without a dll source release.

Well, if it's possible to change a civ type during the game (of which I'm not sure), then new civs can appear later in the game to replace dead ones, or existing civs can "evolve" into new ones...

Well, if it's possible to change a civ type during the game (of which I'm not sure), then new civs can appear later in the game to replace dead ones, or existing civs can "evolve" into new ones...
last time I tried, I had issue with leader screen for civs added with AddPlayer function, and anyway I don't think there is a RemovePlayer counter-part to deal with the 22 limit...

ATM best way is to initialize all civs at launch, put in hibernation those you don't use at game start, then wake them later.

Looking forward to this; I'd pitch in if I had an updated copy of Excel. Good luck, and expect me to beta test.

Hello :)
I've received the e-mail. Will start working on it later this night.

By the way, may I make some suggestions about the map?
Especially about the Southeastern Asia, my home country & region.

Very cool that your are back, Rhye. Any chance you are in South Baden or around, judging from your avatar?

(My only problem is that I will probably not be able to play the mod if it's based on the vanilla G&K and not VEM ;)).

if they are very very small changes it's okay. Otherwise it would make me change the city maps again.

There's a very important islands in Indonesia that you missed in Civ IV RFC.

It's the center of Spice trade.
It's the native island of spices such as cloves and nutmeg.
It's what makes Spanish & Portuguese race towards the "India" to find this.
It's the legendary Spice Islands
It's what inspires the Treaty of Tordesillas
It's not the same as Sulawesi or Papua as neither both have such importance as these islands.

Then..

I presume the peak between Sumatra & Java is Krakatoa islands? It should be either attached to Sumatra or to Java.. actually in reality, there's not even space that big between Sumatra to Java :) The narrow passage is only about 24 km (15 mi) long.

Here's the map. You can see the Krakatoa too there :

Ergo, the Javanese map needs to be moved 1 tile to the west.
Then, there will be an empty spaces enough to add another tile in the Nusa Tenggara region, 1 tile Southwest of the second island..

Firaxis not realising the DLL 2 YEARS after the game was released is like a slap to the face to all modders.

Thanks guys, best of luck. Your public patiently awaits greatness.

@BenZL43

While I agree that more map accuracy is of course better, was there really room to implement the smaller spice islands in RFC IV? I'm not positive, but I doubt it.

If Rhye can add those in a meaningful way that dosen't look or feel too weird, then I am all for it.

Also, If Spain and Portugal were racing to find India... wouldn't they have been sailing for India? The subcontinent does have it's own fair share of spices and rare luxuries Europeans valued. And the Treaty of Tordeseillas divided the Americas, not the East Asian colonies. That was the Treaty of Zaragoza. I'm not saying the spice islands wern't valuable, I just think you may be overstating their importance.

On-Topic: Awesome to see this is back. This is the mod that will make me actually play CiV more than Civ 4... RFC of course :).

Top Bottom