[NFP] New City States - Your Thoughts/Rankings?

Don’t you think it’s inappropriate to rank something based on a bug that is clearly going to be fixed?

Clearly? I don't think so. They made a lot of "balance changes" in the December patch, however they don't even mention this Nalanda thing which people have been complaining about for more than one month.
It's just a tiny little feature for this game that doesn't need to be fixed, isn't it?

Clearly? I don't think so. They made a lot of "balance changes" in the December patch, however they don't even mention this Nalanda thing which people have been complaining about for more than one month. It's just a tiny little feature for this game that doesn't need to be fixed, isn't it?

They don't even mention the No Meteor Bug and the Work Ethnic Bug which people have been complaining about for more than one month in the July/August/September Patches. The No Meteor thing and the Work Ethnic thing are just tiny little features for this game that doesn't need to be fixed, isn't it? The devs are just lazy and don't want to fix these bugs isn't it?

Oh, wait a second...

Plus, I didn’t think Kongo deserved to win in the first place

Funny you say this, because I think Kongo have only got better. They were pulling over 150 science by turn 75 in my last game. I noticed the same on Potato McWhisky's current Scotland game, where Kongo had 160 science on turn 90.

The AI also doesn’t spam holy sites nearly as much as they used to
Though I also agree with this. Rome went ballistic in my recent game, like, genuinely insane – the best I've ever seen the AI do. He reached Atomic while I was still grabbing Cartography et al. Can't remember the exact numbers but I'm certain it was near 500 science & 375 culture by the end of the game, the sort of numbers I expect from an alright human player.

On the flip side, the AI was so disinterested in religion that I was able to grab a prophet in the Renaissance Era. Whoever at Firaxis re-jigged the AI's priorities away from holy sites should be congratulated.

I’ve always considered Rome a very strong AI. There’s a group of four or five generalists who can be relied on to put up a challenge: Rome, Japan, Australia, Nubia, Cree, sometimes China, on top of which you have Korea and Babylon the science freaks, Pericles and Gorgo the culture nuts, and Russia the religious obsessive who also steals all the great works.

On a different note, I suzerained Chinguetti today in the medieval era as Norway. Allowed me to faith purchase two settlers and a few builders with monumentality. Not bad, but it has the clear downsides that you need 1.) a majority religion (not guaranteed) and 2.) several trade routes already (sometimes lower priority early on). I’d rate them C or maybe B tier.

Top Bottom