View readme & installation instructions

Spoiler :
SubGenius for Civilization IV Warlords
Version 1.0
2 August 2006
by Flamegrape

Info
-------------------------
This will add the Church of the SubGenius civilization to Civ4 Warlords. It includes 1 leader (J.R. "Bob" Dobbs), 1 Unique Unit (Yeti), 1 Unique Building (Hour Of Slack), and Civilopedia entries for all. Feel free to use this in whatever modpack you may be making or to modify the civ as you see fit.

The Church of the SubGenius is a satirical postmodern parody religion, originally based in Dallas, Texas, which gained popularity in the 1980s and 1990s subculture, with a large presence on the Internet.

For more information, visit http://www.subgenius.com

Installation
Extract this file to your Warlords "Mods" folder within the game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\MODS. It should create a folder called "SubGenius" that will include all of the modified files. In game, click on "Advanced," then click "Load a Mod," and then select "SubGenius" to play. You may have to hold the shift key down when restarting Civ4 in order to clear the cache.

For easier cutting & pasting into your own modpack, I've noted changes made by myself to the xml files in the "XML Changes.txt" file.

Version History
**Version 1.0**
- Added civilization, Church of the Subgenius.
- Added leader, J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.
- Added Unique Unit, Yeti.
- Added Unique Building, Hour Of Slack.

A unique aspect of this civilization is that it is Creative and Charismatic. This combination of characteristics does not exist in the "vanilla" or Warlords version of the game.

PRAISE "BOB"!!!

The SubGenius Unique Unit is the Yeti. Obviously, it is merely a re-skinned version of the Warrior unit. But it can move across mountain terrain. Although it does not state it in the Civilopedia, the Yeti is completely immune to nuclear weapons.

Someday, I might update this into a full-blown mod with a scenario. And I'd love to replace the Yeti unit with a model that actually looks like a yeti (a.k.a. abominable snowman, bigfoot, sasquatch, etc.) And I'd also like to include a new resource, frop, and require it for the construction of certain units and buildings. But I wanted to get this done and uploaded to the internet right now. I learned my lesson after I spent a tremendous amount of time working on a SubGenius mod for Civ3 that never got done.

This is my first file for Civ4! Enjoy! :)

I don't know if Robert Anton Willson plays Civ. If he does, he would love your humor. I know I was mildly suprised to see this civ, and will have to give it a spin.
Thanks for the hours of work you must have put in on this.
Also, I do believe I would love to see a Blade Runner type civ. In honor of Phil Dick.

I don't know if Robert Anton Willson plays Civ. If he does, he would love your humor. I know I was mildly suprised to see this civ, and will have to give it a spin.
Thanks for the hours of work you must have put in on this.
Also, I do believe I would love to see a Blade Runner type civ. In honor of Phil Dick.

So what does "Hour of Slack" replace? What special benefits does it give beyond "Salvation or triple your money back!"?

This should be a religion more than a Civ...

Dogzilla said:
This should be a religion more than a Civ...

sorry dewd, if CSG's coudl put enough little armies in indonesia, we'd take over austrailia and earn 2 armies a turn for doing nothign but eating, trying to lay well made plans, and the toher thing that comes after eating. We don't need to take over the world, but a little corner with inside plumbing would be nice.

BOB LIVES...no wait that was frodo....um, BOB...um, err, well we're still working on a slogan, you understand; it's a developement thing, test groups focus studies and the fe mail room just did its nails and can't answer the phone for a half hour.

In my opinion the Unique Unit should have been the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which replaces the helicopter gunship...

Top Bottom