New civ hint - analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that they didn't go the whole "like 5,000 times" for a reveal of them both today. I would have definitely liked that.

I think tomorrow's 'reveal' will happen via magazine article(s), which means a) we'll get them quite early in the day, and b) we won't have to deal with any more of this 'liking' business :lol:

10 Pages of replies in 4 hours. LOL

Tsk. Tsk. Normans are out too. (Thank the gods) N comes before P.

No they aren't

Ism't it gonna be THE Normans, just like THE iroquois and THE aztecs. Normans are a T Civ :mischief:

No they aren't

Ism't it gonna be THE Normans, just like THE iroquois and THE aztecs. Normans are a T Civ :mischief:

Oh, wow, this argument again! :lol:
We also have THE Zulu, yet they are filed under "Z" :p The "the"s, has to be expected, are not taken into consideration when we have an alphabetical order - the same happened with Gods & Kings.

I will raise, however, Roger II of Sicily! :lol: The fight isn't over yet, the Normans may very well still be in the game! :lol:

You say italy is out, but it still has 10-15% chances. In the alphabetical list we probably have the new Indonesia and Morrocco (or Moors), but Morocco could be called "The Moors" (in civilopedia we have The Celts, the Huns, ...), meaning some space to italy in the italy/vence debate. It couldalso be Vietnam (just a random idea) as a SWAsia civ.

As puerile as it is, the cheekbones on this dude are amazing already, and we can't even see him. I am, needless to say, looking forward to this civ.

Also, new gameplay options/likelihood of other civilizations/alphabetised achievement things/oh dear madam what about Italy then etc etc - but whatever. Cheekbones!!!

You say italy is out, but it still has 10-15% chances. In the alphabetical list we probably have the new Indonesia and Morrocco (or Moors), but Morocco could be called "The Moors" (in civilopedia we have The Celts, the Huns, ...), meaning some space to italy in the italy/vence debate. It couldalso be Vietnam (just a random idea) as a SWAsia civ.

The "the" is not taken into account for the achievements. See "The Zulu"

Do we know for sure that these two hints represent the leaders of the new civs? Or do they just represent the new civs more generally?

Maybe this dude's from the UU or something.

Do we know for sure that these two hints represent the leaders of the new civs? Or do they just represent the new civs more generally?

Maybe this dude's from the UU or something.

They are very clearly new leaders. It is the opening photos, like every other civ has.

The "the" is not taken into account for the achievements. See "The Zulu"
Do the Zulu turn up at the bottom of the list? I think that could reasonably happen even if it did count the "the". The G&K achievements don't account for the "the" though so I doubt BNW achievements would.

Do the Zulu turn up at the bottom of the list? I think that could reasonably happen even if it did count the "the". The G&K achievements don't account for the "the" though so I doubt BNW achievements would.

Yes the Zulu are at the bottom of the list. There is no reason to assume that "The" is included since A

1) the countries are in order without "The" included
2) it was not included in the G&K achievements either, no reason to assume it is now

So if this is "Indonesia," does that mean Italy is out? Could Italy be in if this is "Majapahit?" If not Italy or Venice, which European civ would be left? Or maybe Morocco is the "European" civ they mentioned because it includes Al-Andalus?

So if this is "Indonesia," does that mean Italy is out? Could Italy be in if this is "Majapahit?" If not Italy or Venice, which European civ would be left? Or maybe Morocco is the "European" civ they mentioned because it includes Al-Andalus?

Italy is out if this civilizations starts with any letter between B and P. So "Indonesia" -> Italy is out (Venice may still be in). "Majapahit" -> Italy is out (Venice may still be in).

Interestingly, "Srivijaya" wouldn't imply anything, really, as both Italy and Venice would be still possible (but not at the same time).

(Assuming the other silhouette comes from "Morocco")
EDIT: As pointed out by JBearIt, this is also assuming the "alphabetical order hypothesis" is correct.

Italy is out if this civilizations starts with any letter between B and P. So "Indonesia" -> Italy is out (Venice may still be in). "Majapahit" -> Italy is out (Venice may still be in).

Interestingly, "Srivijaya" wouldn't imply anything, really, as both Italy and Venice would be still possible (but not at the same time).

(Assuming the other silhouette comes from "Morocco")

Since when is it written in stone that Steam placeholder order in an achievement list necessarily mean anything at all? Steam has screwed up achievement names before.

Since when is it written in stone that Steam placeholder order in an achievement list necessarily mean anything at all? Steam has screwed up achievement names before.

Sure anything is possible. However, assuming there is a mistake when they are clearly not releasing some achievements but have released others clearly implies intention to the achievements.

The simplest solution is usually the correct one. Its more likely to assume it is correct and they are in the correct order.

Wow! :lol: No need to get angry! :p

It is true that the alphabetical order hypothesis can pretty much crumble as soon as one thing is off, and I don't think anyone here would have it to be the end all be all of speculation. It is, however, very likely that this is, indeed, the case, hence why it is being implied for every speculation since.

Nothing is written in stone (well, it is, but we can't see the stone just yet :p), and I think anyone here wouldn't vouch for it as soon as there's proof otherwise.

I guess it is my bad I didn't mention that, so I guess I'll edit it to make it clearer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom