New Civ Thread: list of new civ modpacks

How do I incorporate a new civ into the game? I downloaded one, and have been unsuccesfull in using it.. please help..

put in the modfile, go into game and select advanced/load mod -then load the mod and wait as game restarts. If that doesnt work I'm not sure what the problem is.

Great! now if we could just get the other things orginized (leaderheads, units, etc) into proper pages like this will save much time and frustration.

Personally I'd like to see a standard developed here for commenting xml code- and a xml file structure (for example: all your *_Startegy goes into a strategy xml, all your Unit_Pedia goes into a Unit_Pedia xml).

Easiest code I found so far is Amra's, thank you for taking the time to organize your files!:king:

Something else, why hasn't the powers that be here created an official CivFanatics Mod yet? just curious.

In the Portugal mod I can't see the flag in the game,how can I put it??

I was thinking of an Ottoman Empire civ--

Ancient Leader: Suleiman the Great --religious; expansive
Modern Leader: Kemal Ataturk --organized; militaristic
Capital: Istanbul (not Constantinople).
UU: Jannissary-- replaces Swordsman; starts with hills defense promotion and has a 'withdraw' option when wounded.

Has anyone made a Mexico Civ yet? I think it would be great to have Santa Anna for the leader of Mexico, especially since he and Sam Houston were rivals.

It would also be good to have a Cuba Civ, but not Castro as the leader. Maybe have Tomás Estrada Palma, the 1st President of Cuba who was backed by the 1st Roosevelt Admistration.

txchristiandude said:
Has anyone made a Mexico Civ yet? I think it would be great to have Santa Anna for the leader of Mexico, especially since he and Sam Houston were rivals.

It would also be good to have a Cuba Civ, but not Castro as the leader. Maybe have Tomás Estrada Palma, the 1st President of Cuba who was backed by the 1st Roosevelt Admistration.

There is a Mexico civ contained within a mod..."Second Revolution"? Something close to that.

As for Cuba, that would be neat, but you'd really have to include Castro. Why wouldn't you?

Okay. This thread seems to be going off course a little. I've had a go at porting it to the wiki here, where it's organised by continent and alphabetically, but it's not anywhere near finished. If you could help out and post any new (or old) civs which aren't there already into the right section, with a link to the thread, that would be great. ;)

Thanks in advance :D

LAnkou, great job by gathering all the important downloads together, makes it much more convinient! I have a small request to you, if it's possible.
Could you add my mod of Armenia for Civ4 (not warlords!) into the list above, i would be very thankful if you could. It is to be found in the forum or at http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=BA7AVNKZ
It's my first modest creation, but works fine for so far, and i am already busy with the future add-ons. Thanks, Levonardo

My First Peoples Mod and my Armenia mod are for Warlords.

Top Bottom