new civilization: Australia

Dude, check your geography
Coolangatta is JUST on the boarder of NSW... north of that is Surfers Paradise, which is SOUTH of Brisbane..... SUNSHINE coast is North of Brisbane...

Hey CivArmy, just for your information, you will need to correct the spelling of two of the cities: Woollongong (Correct spelling Wollongong) and Bandaburg (correct spelling Bundaberg). Good job with the mod :goodjob:

i think you have done an excellent job on the leaders heads, excellent choise of leaders and traits

now the UU, i also agree that it is "overpowered" .... cav already have 15 power so an extra one really doesnt have that much effect, the extra movement is always handy 2 to 3 .... but i think a closer link can be found for the aussi troop

so what representation of aussi should their be?
the first aussi soldiers were the pommi redcoats ... pass
then we had the boar war ... mounted infantry, excelled on the open plains and the hills of africa ... nice start
now ww1, birthplace of teh aussi soldier, gallipolli, our anzacs, now these guys are the same mounted infantry that were in the boar war (we are more organised this time with the AIF) ... they amphibious assulted the turks that were in the fortified hills, got beaten back and retreated 9 months later .... these same guys at beershiba, cav charged the turks and took the town after several thousand british heavy infantry failed to take, but im sure you all know the stories and to these men that the aussi UU should honour

http://www.lighthorse.org.au/historicbw.htm

http://www.lighthorse.org.au/historic.htm

now for the name .... ANZAC is a good one but i take it from the name that CivArmy was looking for a more generic term as such, how about mounted infantry (would be espically good cause you keep the same graphic) and by making them a gunpowder footslogger it will stop them getting smashed by riflemen (which are just around the corner)
so with all this in mind (and mebey some other things?) what bonus should the UU have?
while trolling and thinking about this i came up with an idea, make the UU still replace the cavelry unit with a "mounted infantry" which is a gunpowder unit rather than a mounted unit (i think this would have a signifigant effect) and also adding the xp upgrade of "march" .... now we have a unit that moves quick MP2 attacks hard AT15 but it isnt "mounted" so doesnt suffer teh ill effects of riflemen and can heal on the move (giving them that extra survivability and duribility that the aussi soldier has shown) ..... i dont think that this is to powerful (only 1 thing has been increased) but will be signifigent in the game

any thoughts?

First of all I'd like to apologize about post few times on CFC last days/weeks, it happened cos the hard work that I've done this period and doesn't have any expectative to off :sad: But I'll try post on CFC as possible I'll be able ;)

I'm posting this to introduce the new version of the Australian civ, the file is on post number 01, the same to the new preview and the news are:
- the 2nd leader was added, he has the powerful Philosophical and Industrial threads toghter (+ representation, a good civic + a good UU)
- the UU power was changed, the same to its name. Now it's called Mounted Infantry, continues reaplacing Cavalry and has 1+ moviment and ignores all terrains cost.
- I changed the city list
- I changed the flag

I think the that's all.

I hope u enjoy more one civ! :D

Now...Make a New Zealand civilization and I'll be happy :p

Or Maori, but if you did that perhaps you'd need an Aboriginal, or perhaps an all encompassing Polynesian Civilization :)

CMKMStephens said:
Now...Make a New Zealand civilization and I'll be happy :p

Or Maori, but if you did that perhaps you'd need an Aboriginal, or perhaps an all encompassing Polynesian Civilization :)

Polynesians and Australia were done and New Zealand will be in my next pack of LH leaded by P.M. Helen Clark and why not a "native Australia" civ? I just don't know the name of native tribe(s).

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Polynesians and Australia were done and New Zealand will be in my next pack of LH leaded by P.M. Helen Clark and why not a "native Australia" civ? I just don't know the name of native tribe(s).

Hah, great. I'll wait and see what you come up with then.

I like it. I think the flag suits the game nicely, too. Perhaps the ANZAC would have been a better special unit (perhaps a normal infantry unit with an automatic guerilla or woodsman bonus?) but overall, great work. :goodjob:

GeneralX said:
If you are looking for additional leaders I have some suggestions for for you:
d. John Howard – Our current Prime Minister and the second longest serving Prime Minister of our federated history. Again I defer to Charcoal’s decision on traits: Financial and Organised.

With that said why not make another american leader G.W.Bush and PM of England Blair put the 3 of them into the picture and have the 3 stooges **rim shot**

honestly i couldent think of a worse PM in our history .. mate com'on we have much more respectable leaders than little john jnr
**evil grin**

tek1979 said:
With that said why not make another american leader G.W.Bush and PM of England Blair put the 3 of them into the picture and have the 3 stooges **rim shot**

honestly i couldent think of a worse PM in our history .. mate com'on we have much more respectable leaders than little john jnr
**evil grin**

Sigh...:rolleyes: I kind of expected a reply like that from someone. I just didn’t know if it would be from the Trotskyites (against Howard or Menzies) or from the neo-Cons (against Whitlam or Hawke etc). I don’t care for politics. I try and assess things on the basis of facts, not hype or personal feelings. Whether you like him or hate him or think he does a good or a bad job Howard’s mark on Australian history is irrefutable. However, if you read the full post from which you quoted you will note that I tried to put balance into the whole thing. Perhaps it is best not to have any living person listed as a great leader to avoid too much controversy. All this discussion however is moot as I am quite convinced that CivArmy has made his final determination on who he creates as great leaders and he shows no signs of changing his mind; a balanced decision IMO. ;)

That one looks cool, if you would use his leaderhead in a civ I think you get high ratings(well expect for GW Bush but that doesn't really matters I think)

How I love bickering Ideologies. While we're at it, how 'bout a Germany mod with Karl Marx and Hitler :nuke:

I've tried this mod, and am really enjoying it. Thanks!

But my flag only shows up white, not the southern cross. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to go about fixing it?

Nice - I was expecting the UU to be the Rats of Tobrook - +50% defense in all terrains. Maybe another selection for flag would be the boxing kangaroo. The other UU option is that all our boats have a winged keel and +1 movement.

I personally think that Barton is a bad choice as a leader. Deakin and Whitlam are much more celebrated leaders. Also another interesting choice for a special unit could be infantry that start with a bonus in forest and jungle (both movement and defence). This could reflect Australia's ability to perform well in its region around the middle of the 1900's. The Cavalry are a decent choice but I think they could be called "Light Horse" due to the use of this name in the past in Australia.

Very nice. I almost made an Australia civ myself, but then decided to do Switzerland instead.

Top Bottom