New civilization: Brazil

for UB should put engenho(sugar mill complex) made up in the 17th century for colonization and still important today in the production of etanol, and for UU, pracinha is a lame choise, I would rather chose ASTROS II(mobile rocket artillery/SAM) or the super tucano (turboprop strike fighter)

The Tucano would be a bad choice since when it comes out everybody's already using Jet Fighters.

But I agree the Pracinha is a terrible choice. I'd go with the Bandeirantes, replacement for Musketman.

Ae galera, muito bom mesmo. Nem puchei ainda, mas pelo simples fato ser brasileiro tá 10. Bem, sobre o BOPE, que viagem, além deles serem policiais, só falam isso por culpa do filme. O Osório me orgulho muito dele, mas nós produzimos só 3 unidades! não dá. ASTROS e SuperTucano são uma boa pedida, e sem sombra de duvida, Dragões da Independência no lugar dos pracinhas. Construção unica: ? (Mas sambodrono pega mal né? =D)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, very good. I didn't download nothing, but for the simple fact that its brazilian job about Brazil its 10!. So, about BOPE, are you kidding, aren't you? cos besides they being a police, they just speak thinks like that because the movie. I flush a lot about Osório (A tank produced some years ago that was a better tank them M1 Abrams), but we did only 3 units! That can't be. ASTROS and Super Tucano are good option, and off course, Dragões da Independência in the place of Pracinhas. Unique construcition: ?

No way man! Look the name of thing is UNIQUE BUILDING, right? Where in the world there is a Sambódromo? Just in Brazil! So it is a Unique Building. I really dont understand why brazilians act like this. Its our culture, just like the other nations have is own, and they usualy dont ashame of it. You dont see americans complaining about their traditions or culture. They may not like it between them, but for foreing people, any american will say that their culture is the best of the world. Anyway...

Sambódromo is our unique building. Is a celebration of our most important holyday, the Carnaval! There is no Carnaval like brazilian one in the world. Thats why our unique building should be this one. Also, Brazil is a young country just like US. The units and buildings should reflect this.

By the way, for thouse who are not from Brazil, a Sambódromo is a place where brazilians celebrate the carnaval. Its like a healty competition between samba schools, where all the members dress funny clothes and go dancing following a samba singer, which is called "Puxador". In some citys (Specialy Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo) this is very popular and serious.
There is also a another kind of Sambódromo on the states in the middle of Amazon area. There the Sambódromo is called Bumbódromo and are only two schools, which is represented by blue and red colors. They celebrate a another cultural caracter of brazilian fairytales, the "Boi Bumba" (Its a kind of Magic Cattle).

The most famous sambódromo of the world is "Maquês de Sapucai" on Rio de Janeiro.

If there are three things that Brazil is known in the World, is the soccer, the beachs or the amazon rain florest and the Carnaval. Thats why I think, the Sambódromo is the Unique Building that can fits to Brazilian Civilization.

On Unique Units, there are only two avaiable. The Dragão da Indepêndencia, or the Pracinha. Astro is not that kind of Unique, because rocket launchers exist since second world war (The legendary Russian Katyusha), the Super Tucano also arent, since its a mod of 2ww fighters. Osório could be a option IF wasnt dead on his birth. And the amazon special combat unit, of brazilan army is not a "Unique Unit" like American Marines for exemple.
I vote for the Dragões, because the Pracinhas also arent a special unit from brazilian army. They were regular soldiers that was sended to the war on the brazilian expedicionary force, to fight the nazis on the Italy. Its a quite diference between a special force, special trained as a top military unit of all nation army. The Dragões da Indepêndencia at there time on the 19th century was. Today they are decorative, but at that time they were the top of "military" force of Brazil.

Somebody should do something similar to the American units... If America had been a nation during the Medieval age, no doubt they'd have shields with the stars and stripes on them.

I just said that Sambodrono shouldn't be the unique building, because most of people, that came to Brazil to see carnaval, think that this party is sex. I think that Brazil don't have a good image to the other countrys and I think that they see Brazil like the place of Caipirinha, Carnaval, Samba, Soccer and Sex, but off course, sambodromo its a unique building from Brazil.

About ASTROS, that was the most worry for americans in Iraq invasion. The first think that they shoot down was ASTROS (and they did), but I think too that Independence Dragons should be our unique unit. Oh, and about SuperTucano, its the best air unit that can "survive" in jungle (about all of that problems with maintenance)

And folks, sorry about my poor english =)

Noxious, you know, I think this thing about "how the other people see the Brazil" is something that us, brazilians, create to defend ourselves. You see, its right, Brazil is knowne as a sex paradise, where people can came and make sex with anyone, without any guilty, but, I really doubt it that the most people from another countrys really believe on that thing. Just because sounds completely ilogical the largest catholic country of the world be a mordern "sodoma and gomorra". Most of this problems are caused by ourselves, and our bad habit to choose bad politicians to rule the country.

The samba is a cultural aspect of Brazil. And the carnaval, despite all sexual appeal involved is a unique party. Five days of happyness (Its a pitty that there are some people that doesnt know how to have fun without drunk a lot and drive like crazy, but...) shared by almost everyone!

Sambódromo is a brazilian unique building. But, there are also other structures that simbolize some of our culture. Somebody says the Engenho, this could replace the granary.

I know that Astro was the big concern of US army on the invasion of Iraq. But, lets talk serious now. There is no tecnologic weapon on the world that can stand the US toys. Its the biggest military "empire" on this days. And it will be for at least a century. So, even if Astro was a concern, they wasnt that GREAT weapon, like I say, Russian Katyusha, on WW2 was feared because there is no match for that thing. It cames, launch, destroy, and when the nazi fighters came to destroy them... Where they go?

Also Astro launcher was produced by a private company. Not the Brazilian Army.

Nice words Guaraná, I thought something like that. So, why don't we have in this mod all brazilian units (most of, the part that are a simbol to us) and the buildings? I think that's going to be very nice!

I am Brazilian and I think rather than put Getulio Vargas, you should by Lula (Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva), the current president of Brazil. He did many good things, like changing the world view on Brazil, he managed to stabilize our economic condition of Brazil during the World Crisis, he is an idol for one our people for coming from the lower classes, he is a great diplomat and improved the living conditions of our people. Another thing I would say it's about the only building that should be the Maracanã, the biggest and bestter stadium of the world, which would replace the coliseum or the Amphitheatre, and our unity should be a fast worker.

Top Bottom