New Civilization: Vikings

It looks like Carewolfs only care around here is to claim Norway for Denmark's account while having a piss on Sweden! :D

Ragnar Lodbrok looks like the most popular leader to be added... and also change the UU for Berserker... So, I'll do that :D

Some questions:
- what sould the Ragnar bonuses and favourite civic be?
- is 2+ power a good power to Berserker?

new city list (any more suggestions for changes?):
LIMIT OF 50 NAMES ;)
Jorvik
Selby
Whitby
Grimsby
Gainsborough
Skipton
Keswick
Eastoft
Axeholme
Jarlshof
Felthorpe
Lound
Sandvik
Stenhus
Ravndal
Hulgade
Kirkeby
Thurso
Wick
Sutherland
Kirkwall
Lerwick
Dingwall
Miquetuit
Dieppedale
Nez de Jobourg
Birka
Trondheim
Bergen
Copenhagen
Reykjavik
Oslo
Stockholm
Birka
Aarhus
Stavanger
Odense
Hareid
Molde
Alesund
Bodo
Karasjok
Tromso
Vadso
Farsund
Risor
Fauske
Karistad
Batsfjord
Hammerfest

I'm not to happy with the LH. Doesn't look very "viking" and looks like he has breasts. Is it just me?

Those citynames aren´t what I´d stick with. Sorry, but they are not very representative, I think. The english ones you have in the list shouldn´t have english names, like Gainsborough. Thats not very Viking at all, even if it was founded by them. (if that was the case Constantinople is just as "right")
Same with Dieppedale and Miquetuit, those names have no connection to the Vikings today, even if they were founded by them.

Another problem is the use of both Birka and Stockholm. Sure, you can use both but then I suggest adding Göteborg as well (Gothenburg) and Malmö (Malmoe). My suggestion is to use the list from Civ3.

I vote for the Bloodaxe as the leader. No longer will the heathen Spanish she-dog dare to demand tribute from me if she is facing a name like that!

mmmm.. heathen Spanish she-dog

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Ragnar Lodbrok looks like the most popular leader to be added... and also change the UU for Berserker... So, I'll do that :D

Some questions:
- what sould the Ragnar bonuses and favourite civic be?
- is 2+ power a good power to Berserker?

new city list (any more suggestions for changes?):
LIMIT OF 50 NAMES ;)
Jorvik
Selby
Whitby
Grimsby
Gainsborough
Skipton
Keswick
Eastoft
Axeholme
Jarlshof
Felthorpe
Lound
Sandvik
Stenhus
Ravndal
Hulgade
Kirkeby
Thurso
Wick
Sutherland
Kirkwall
Lerwick
Dingwall
Miquetuit
Dieppedale
Nez de Jobourg
Birka
Trondheim
Bergen
Copenhagen
Reykjavik
Oslo
Stockholm
Birka
Aarhus
Stavanger
Odense
Hareid
Molde
Alesund
Bodo
Karasjok
Tromso
Vadso
Farsund
Risor
Fauske
Karistad
Batsfjord
Hammerfest

You can remove Karasjok. Sure, it's in Norway, but it's a finnish or sami name. Not so viking in other words.
And if you could also change the misspelled "Karistad" into the correct "Karlstad" it would be even better!

heres what the scenario should be: Europe: Battle for the north.
scandinavian kingdoms arise - Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, and so do tensions not only do they battle eachother but vikings (replace barbarians) are a menace. Not to mention the imposing threat from the south as Germanic hordes fight for land in the cold north.

Copenhagen shouldn't be in the list. Founded after the viking age. But the list miss the important Danish based viking cities

Hedeby
Ribe
Viborg

and the swedish based

Malmö
Lund

Have you ever checked my Missing Civilizations Database? There's a link in my signature and there's a lot of city names and other suggestions made by many Viking fans. Hope it gets useful.

I have another city list by Tunch Khan, what do u think people?

Trondheim
Birka
Hedeby
Uppsala
Ribe
Eketorp
Roskilde
Trondenes
Aarhus
Uppåkra
Sigtuna
Lindholm Høje
Skara
Visby
Tønsberg
Jelling
Lade
Helgö
Steigen
Aggersborg
Paviken
Slesvik
Odense
Reykjavik
Brattahlid
Viborg
Tunafors
Oslo
Bjørgvin
Jorvik
Nicopia
Alesund
Harstad
Örebro
Lejre
Aldeigjuborg
Nylösa
Ronneby
Westness
Jarlshof
Holmgård
Kvivik
Herjolfsnes
Lund
Askrigg
Sebbersund
Helsingborg
Nyborg
Lahammer
Tune
Seeburg
Ringerike
Fyrkat
Trelleborg
Bytoften
Brumunddal
Kramfors
Vinland
Köping
Västerås
Jomsborg
Könugård
Aker
Truso
Wolin
Aldeigjuborg
Straumfjörðr
Hóp

THE BERSERKER!!111one

Freshly wrapped in wolf hide and ready for combat.

And if for some reason the skin doesn't show up -- please notify me immediately. Apparently there are two actual skin files -- but I think one of them may be unused.

Attachments

• berserker.zip
    297.4 KB · Views: 95
Fridrikr said:
It looks like Carewolfs only care around here is to claim Norway for Denmark's account while having a piss on Sweden! :D

Pissing on swedes is always fun, they are quite capable of defending themselves :D (hey, if a 500 years of war in the last 1000 years is not reason to muck eachother I don't know what is)
I am sorry about not checking up on Bofors guns, they seem quite cool. The poor quality is only a reference to fighter airplanes in the 70s that was direct reason for atleast Denmark to join the development of the F-16. If the Saab fighter back then had been of the same quality as todays seems to be, we would probably still be using Swedish fighters.
I should add here though that the swedish airforce didn't have near the same number of recorded problems with the airplanes that we did.

So, Berseker will be included in the next version, check some posts above the artwork done be Jecrell and I'll use the last city list posted... and I expect crate the artworks of the second leader this weekend :D

€l Gordo said:
don't forget their major presence across Northern Russia across to Kiev in the Ukraine, as well as mixing with the Slavik tribes all the way down to the byzantine lands.

A truly far-reaching civilisation, if not an imperical one.

The Danish vikings occupied the british isles, and spread a lot of influence to the anglo/saxon world at the time. The norweigan vikings discovered island, greenland and north america. The swedish vikings, finally, travelled in their longships down the russian rivers as far down as Constantinople and Bagdhad, trading with the turkish/ottoman empire, and many even claim that they were instrumental in founding the russian nation.

In my opinion, these are all great and fairly equal accomplishments by three tribes of the same culture. History and circumstances drove us apart, but I see no reason why there could not be a viking/scandinavian civ. Look at PTW for example.

Carewolf said:
Christiania, which should always be spelled with royal Ch, was made the capital of Norway it is today by Christian IV (It is funny how swedish politicians tries to rename old danish cities to Kristian..., in Scania the people of Kristianstad has tried for decades to be allowed to spell their city name correctly, but have been denied it by the govenment in Stokholm)

Really? I didn't know that! That's really funny :lol: Haha, serves them right, that's so typical of us swedes, but then again you have to "de-danify" the region right? Man, 350 years since the Roskilde treaty and it's still not done! :rolleyes:

I think you need to make "Cult of The Cave Bear" a Religion to have Berzerkers.
So are the Anglos, Jutes, and Saxons considered Vikings as they behaved the same as Vikings proper however several hundred years earlier?

Top Bottom