New civilizations (question about the DLC)

TheJ0K3R

Warlord
I think i have the vanilla version of the game.I don't have Polynesia,Korea etc. as playable in my game.

What should i do to add these civilizations to my game? Should i download an official patch or something else?

Moderator Action: Added "(question about the DLC)" to the thread title, else it might confuse some people (like seen in post #4).

I think i have the vanilla version of the game.I don't have Polynesia,Korea etc. as playable in my game.

What should i do to add these civilizations to my game? Should i download an official patch or something else?

You have to buy them through Steam as DLC's.

Or buy Game of the year edition (it might be simular price). Allthough it does not include Korea.

I was excited when I read the thread title.

Is there a way to tell what DLC you already have?

I know the civs are easy, but the maps and scenarios Im not sure on. And it will let me buy any of them, even the stuff I already have.

I dont want to buy a map pack I already have.

EDIT: I guess what Im asking is if theres a "buy all the DLC you don't have" option

/\

On your Steam library page, right click the game and click view downloadable content. It will say everything registered. However, Steam doesn't actually let you buy anything that's already registered. If you do add something already own to the cart, it won't let you double purchase for yourself, only as a gift for someone else, and say under the item in the cart that you already own it. If you've purchased no DLC before, however, or never entered a code into Steam for the game besides registering it, chances are you have none of the DLC anyway.

The scenarios come with the civs, so if you don't have the civ you don't have the scenario. (You probably only have Mongolia and the Mongolian scenario which was free DLC early in the game's release if you haven't purchased anything else).

Of the civs there are 5 packs:

Babylon (which you may have IF you bought the Collector's/Special Edition. This Civ also has no scenario)
Denmark + Scenario (See note with Explorers DLC)
Korea + Scenario (See note with Wonders DLC)
Polynesia + Scenario
Spain & Inca + Scenario (These two civs only come together and the pack has one scenario)

Then there is:

Wonders of the Ancient World Pack + Scenario (Note, it's not listed on the store page so you have to search for it but you can find a combo pack that lets you buy Korea, the Wonders, and their scenarios all together for slightly cheaper than buying individually)

In terms of maps there are two categories:

Explorers Map Pack (This one has actual map scripts and is actually useful. Also, it's not listed on the store page and you have to search for it but you can find a combo pack that lets you buy the Explorers pack and Denmark--plus Denmark's scenario--all together for slightly cheaper than buying it individually).

And the Cradle of Civilization Junk

There are 4 maps that you can buy individually or as a set called the Cradle of Civilization (America, Asia, Mesopotamia, the Mediterranean). These are just static maps, not scripts, and are overpriced compared to the real DLC because they were originally pre-order bonuses. They are generally not worth buying and can be overlooked.

Top Bottom