New Compromise on Guns N' Games

Skwink

FRIIIIIIIIIITZ
Guns are bad.

Video games are bad.

Left vs Right.

Let's just make everyone a little happy, and ban guns in video games.

If this is unreasonable to the R's I am open to just banning High Capacity Pistol Grip Assault Magazine clips in games.

How will I wage jihad against Europe in EU3 when I hit Land Tech 18?! :eek:

If guns are outlawed, only Western Tech countries will have guns.

I wrote out plans for a video game which I'd call "public massacure". Basically it'd let you reenact a public shooting in first person. You could also do story mode and go through all the necessary preparation or do map builder and design the building that you plan to shoot up. Just need to win the lottery so I can hire some programmers.

I wrote out plans for a video game which I'd call "public massacure". Basically it'd let you reenact a public shooting in first person. You could also do story mode and go through all the necessary preparation or do map builder and design the building that you plan to shoot up. Just need to win the lottery so I can hire some programmers.

Kickstarter. :)

Thank god there aren't any guns in Chivalry.

I fully support this.

If this is unreasonable to the R's I am open to just banning High Capacity Pistol Grip Assault Magazine clips in games.

The 2nd amendment to Steam's end user license agreement gives me the right to enjoy guns in games, if I choose to do so.

Over my dead body and the one that respawns and the one after that

Speaking outside of parodic intent, or maybe we're being serious, this is objectively the worst of both worlds. "Hey video games made them do it" is a poor excuse for a general culture of violence/incivility (I can't be free and safe unless I have a gun!). Obviously banning guns in video games, or banning violent video games, or doing anything related to video games and not actual gun violence does jack [redacted].

Then again, maybe this is the best compromise in that not only does it make everyone's lives slightly more nasty, brutish and short but it also leaves both sides of the debate unhappy. Especially because we increase actual needless government interference while protecting the sacred right of libertarian types to their semi-automatic killing freedom machines.

Typical virtual gun grabbers. If this absurdity does not desist there will be a new republic on the horizon.

Great! Sounds like a way to urge the market to produce medieval shooters. We could have swords and bows in modern games, too: imagine GTA3 with swordplay.

As satire I give this 4/5.

As a real suggestion I give it 5/5 slaps to the side of the head.

If serious( unlikely ): One could easily make a game called Chester the Chainsaw Molester vs the Girl Scouts of America and it wouldn't have any guns. I doubt this is anyone's intent.

Great! Sounds like a way to urge the market to produce medieval shooters. We could have swords and bows in modern games, too: imagine GTA3 with swordplay.

HELL. YES. Somebody make it. NOW. But no magic!

I'd be barely affected, because my favorite M&B mods lack guns. But some games I like have primitive firearms and cannon; can we just ban assault weapons in games?

Again, funny, but there's no legitimate reason to ban polygonal assault weapons.

So I'm just going to assume everyone is joking so I don't have a stroke.

Again, funny, but there's no legitimate reason to ban polygonal assault weapons.

So I'm just going to assume everyone is joking so I don't have a stroke.

No sir, this is deadly serious. We have to get rid of these enemies of the public who think it's okay to pretend to kill people on their Nintendo Xboxstations so we can protect true champions of freedom who pretend to kill people in real life. With guns.

I additionally propose an amendment to the Constitution requiring that guns be referred to as freedom machines.

:old:Dern kids spending 8 hours a day playing Metal of Duty and beating up hookers in their jeeps and getting nogrope fatality headshot 1ups Zzzzzzz..... /:old:

:old:Dern kids spending 8 hours a day playing Metal of Duty and beating up hookers in their jeeps and getting nogrope fatality headshot 1ups Zzzzzzz..... /:old:

We went wrong with our youth when they stopped dying of typhoid fever. If the kids these days had to contend with cholera and the Spanish Flu they wouldn't have time for all their hip-hopping computer gizmos.

I additionally propose an amendment to the Constitution requiring that guns be referred to as freedom machines.

I may have been too harsh. I would also find fire arms being called "freedom arms" acceptable.

Guns are bad.

Video games are bad.

Left vs Right.

I support this, more Japanese games please. High school shooting will go down by 100%, although school girl molesting will probably go up by 1000000000%.

Speaking outside of parodic intent, or maybe we're being serious, this is objectively the worst of both worlds. "Hey video games made them do it" is a poor excuse for a general culture of violence/incivility (I can't be free and safe unless I have a gun!). Obviously banning guns in video games, or banning violent video games, or doing anything related to video games and not actual gun violence does jack [redacted].

Yeah, what's going to happen is another incident in a couple years and them going after another boogeyman instead of after the actual problem. Which is admittedly very complex and hard to solve, but when I'm faced with a hard math problem I don't eat a pie and say that the problem is solved.

Top Bottom