New Department Proposal: Office of Public Relations

Josh: What you speak about is the responsibility of the judicacy or every citizen. All of us can request a review of the judges for any poll. They decide.

Thank you, I totally agree Josh.

So, shall we move it to a poll then?

Why? No poll needed for that. Just persuade the new president or any other leader to officialy open an office, or open it yourself(? yes, it is possible but not polite as the offices are not defined in the rules)

I will not open an office without going through the right channels. I have an idea though, maybe it should be a person alone. Maybe the position should fall under the judicial branch and controled by thier regulations, hmm?

Any leaders whom think that this matter should go forward please say so.

Originally posted by interjectiv
Thank you, I totally agree Josh.

So, shall we move it to a poll then?

Ahh. Back in the old days, we might have. Now we must discuss for at least 24 hours I believe. Or you can just get the current president (Chieftess) to form the office as a non-elected, advisory position...

I think it would be better if we let the debate run for another 24 to 48 hours. Then run an informational poll. Then ask the president to open the office if citizen support is shown. It would be one of the responsibilities of the holder of this office to do what I do now.

Advise when more debate is needed, help structure polls, advise on poll law and explain the best course of action. This is not an easy task, believe me, people don't want to know if thier poll is invalid, unlawful or generally worthless. The PRP office (Public relations and polling) must oversee this, though to formally invalidate and close a thread the judiciary must be consulted.

The PRP officer must have a VERY good knowledge of how to run a poll, the law, convention and construct. I think this is an office that has been lacking and it has fallen to private citizens to offer what help they can.

You don't want to move it to a poll just yet. Trust me ;)

It'd be rather ironic if I had to jump all over a poll about the creation of a position to monitor polling, wouldn't it now?

For your information, here are the rules regarding polling in the demogame.

Chieftess, her... she is the term 5 president (until last of august at least) and she can open offices at the moment under the presidential reign.

The head of an office is an unelected appointed position, but can also have helpers to work for him/her. The payment is not as high as the one of a department (2gpt for a office head, 1gpt for a office helper) but is ok.
The thread of the office would also reside in the rpg at the moment (and moved to government forum as the new proposal passes). See the chat-office for example (in the rpg subforum).

I wouldnt call it PR-Office though. I would call it "polling office". PR-Office sounds more like a newsmaking office to me, which would in my thoughts be responsible to update the various news-threads.

I think Josh is right.

Josh maybe we should get in contact and write an official proposal, hmm?

Maybe judicacy could "run" or "sponsor" or "found" that office!
The office directly works towards them.

DO NOT ESTABLISH THIS OFFICE YET
we have barely begun talking about it. I think it is important, but we need not do it RIGHT NOW, TONIGHT, THIS INSTANT. This needs debate and refining, like all issues. The establishment of a new office should not be taken so lightly as
'just go nd ask a leader to start one up'
All of our current offices serve important administative functions and were subject to atleast some debate, if not always polling and elections.

i think he is right.

the role i would see in my mind would be:
* work towards judicacy to fast detect invalid or strange or useless polls
* work towards the mods to summarize poll-results in the poll-index
* work towards the mods to close threads of outdated/closed polls
* help people setup polls which do not like/do not know how to do it

Perhaps the office would be better sanctioned by the Chief Justice rather than the Pres, since the work involved is more Judiciary related than Executive related. Since the officer would be reporting poll issues back to the justices, he or she might as well be officially working for them.

EDIT: I'm beginning to wonder if there's any point in my posting today. Every post I make seems to have been rendered redundant by some typing speed-demon :crazyeye:

That is why I suggested we come up with an official proposal and let the debate again.

The reason why I want you to help me Josh, is because I'd like to have you on my staff if the department/office shall pass into being.

I liked your ideas Dis and Josh. I want to hear more.

Top Bottom