New game setup - can't choose (find) Mexico nor leader Santa Anna

TheBirdMan

Prince
I'm not sure if this is a bug - but I can't find a good explanation on what happens. Actually I can't find a poor one either..

As always I'm doing my best to find new setups for my games. This time I'm trying with a flat map 200*128 with 'round 6100 landtiles.

I have managed to "activate" all derivative civs and all native american tribes. I even activated settlers (for a start) for the native americans. I have tested the game and it works nicely - the native americans can settle and make new cities themself.

But I got one "problem" during the setup. I can find and add all but one nation to the game and/or all but one leader. I can't find Mexico nor can I find Santa Anna anywhere during the setup. And that's the only nation among all of the "derivative" and "other" nations, that I have "activated".

Nations choosen are: Spain, France, England, Russia, Scandinavia, America, Maya, Inca and Aztec (wanted Mexico from the deriv-nations, but that wasn't possible) from the standard nations, Nederlands, Portugal, Texas from the derivatite nations and Patagonia, Arawak, Algonquin, Apache, Icoqouis and Sioux from the OtherCivs.

I don't get any errors during the setup nor during my gametests with the nations I have. So my question is - before I'm going totally bananas - is anyone able to activate Mexico and start any kind of game with that nation - with or without Santa Anna as leader??

Last edited:
In the latest release version, there is no Mexican civ nor Santa Anna as a leader; Mexican civ was basically merged into Aztecs. Their slots (and tags) have been reused for Gran Colombia instead.

:hmm: There is something fishy going on here.

When I try to start a new game - then yes. I can choose Simón Bolivar as leader and get Gran Colombia as nation.

But when I look for this nation and leadername both in my "safe" copy of the original ver. 3,57 files and the "normal" place, I can't find them in any relevant file or folder. But I can find Mexico and Santa Anna.

How the h.ck :crazyeye: is that switch made?????

The tags such as CIVILIZATION_MEXICO or LEADER_SANTA_ANNA can just as well read THING_1 and STUFF_325; they don't need to be in any way informative. Lazy me just reused the tags with different name texts and graphics.

:thumbsup: I know the "feeling" Walter. I was IT-manager in a bigger vocational school (not my choice,of word but the translation-engine said so...... erhvervs-skole in danish) in the outskirts of Copenhagen from 2000-2003. So that's "ok" now I know the reason.

A little info while this thread still is active:

I managed to "upgrade" the ALGONQUIN tribe to what I hope will be a decent enemy.

I have not tested it yet, but I hope this tribe will do close to any other deriv-nations, as I have been using any suitable units and buildings I could find from any american nation. I'm already able to load the game with the changes I made without problems, so it can't become a total failure.

I have also choosen the option for aggressive barbarians, so I'm pretty sure my final version of this game will put me on my heels from time to time. And that is what I want.

Top Bottom