New GMR hotseat game, regular players please

Greetings, great Russians of the North! We Romans hail from the rich southern coast, beyond the lands of mercurial Siamese!

Quick question. Where do I remove the DLC files to start a new GMR game that needs to not have the DLC?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Also found out I can just not check the enable DLC buttons when making the game.

my apologies for the directional confusion, we saw you in the north ... I'm sure we will meet you closer to your lands soon ...

Just a heads up: with the new patch coming out 6/14, our save file may no longer work. The GMR developers say they will see what they can do, but it is entirely possible our save could be irredeemable.

If something is wrong with loading the save tomorrow, that is probably the problem. So don't panic. Give the GMR guys some time to fix it (perhaps a few days, idk what the problem may be or what solution they can reasonably do).

I hope it works. I'm having so much fun! :)

I've already changed my game computer to offline to Steam to avoid the patch until the dust settles -- I recommend everybody do the same if they can. In the worst case scenario, at least we will be able to continue the game for awhile more w/o needing intervention immediately.

I've already changed my game computer to offline to Steam to avoid the patch until the dust settles -- I recommend everybody do the same if they can. In the worst case scenario, at least we will be able to continue the game for awhile more w/o needing intervention immediately.

I think the game is fine for non DLC games, GMR support just confirmed it.

But to stay offline is to prevent updating the patch? What about set Steam property not updating somewhere?

Edit: Personally confirm the patch is fine. But the civ colors are changed a bit, causing some confusion.

I think the game is fine for non DLC games, GMR support just confirmed it.

But to stay offline is to prevent updating the patch? What about set Steam property not updating somewhere?

Edit: Personally confirm the patch is fine. But the civ colors are changed a bit, causing some confusion.

fyi, though it doesn't appear to be important in this patch, i've found keeping the steam app offline delays the download/installation of the patch (wh/would otherwise occur regardless of your feelings on the matter). I don't have any other Steam property, so can't speak to that. I only play ciV on one computer, separate from my work computer (wh/would probably update automatically), I assume that as long as the computer you load the turn on is on the compatible version (if there were incompatibilities) then it would be fine.

nah, was just traveling overnight and ended up not being able to grab internet access for the civ computer -- used to have comcast years ago, and have to agree the connectivity sucked

Hey guys, after investigation this morning I discovered a bug in our code that would corrupt the submitted save files for some games. I reverted the last turn for this game so see if that clears things up. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Still get the same error for the DLC game(thought i played a turn after getting GnK).

Is this why all of my GMR games appear to have stalled? lol

Thanks for the help Mel!

Still get the same error for the DLC game(thought i played a turn after getting GnK).

Sorry Tab, what's the name for the game that you're having problems in? I thought this thread was dedicated to this GMR game: http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Details/340

Is this why all of my GMR games appear to have stalled? lol

Yes, we had a big hairy bug raise itself last night and put many innocent GMR games out of service! So sorry for that, pest control was called, the bug was squashed and now we just need to repair any damage done. Thankfully that should just require either the game's host or myself reverting the last (corrupted) turn and all should be well :)

Sorry Tab, what's the name for the game that you're having problems in? I thought this thread was dedicated to this GMR game

Hmm i think i posted into the wrong thread. I have problems with 2 games so far :

-Only DLC one(which thread is this?)
-Cookie

Edit : Just found it ...i just didn't scroll down enough :)

the one that Onan created.

Alright, I've reverted the turn for the DLC game and it looks like the host for Cookie has already reverted the turn on that game. Things should go smoothly for those now. Let me know if you have any more troubles!

Top Bottom