New gods and kings civ formula

I was thinking about this but

2. What about natural UNESCO heritage sites? No one built them but they still helped the culture of civilizations
3. What about heritage sites built after the civilization fell. The reason a lot of important heritage sites were built in modern Italy is that; in a way the spirit of Rome lives on today.
4. What about heritage sites built before the civ, you can't deny that the pyramids haven't helped inspire Egypt

I think that's fair, but I just think we should be careful to not simply include every single heritage site that is inside the civ's maximum extension into account. The pyramids may have helped to inspire Egypt, and they still inspire us today, but should we include them in any calculation other than the Egypt's? If we're doing this, a lot of civs will get a great score thanks to things they didn't build and are not related to in any way.

Mapuche: 757
Kongo: 1,122
Great Zimbabwe: 395
Songhai: 389
Mali: 889
Scythia: 9301 (I must admit I wasn't expecting that)
Chola: 4337

I think that's fair, but I just think we should be careful to not simply include every single heritage site that is inside the civ's maximum extension into account. The pyramids may have helped to inspire Egypt, and they still inspire us today, but should we include them in any calculation other than the Egypt's? If we're doing this, a lot of civs will get a great score thanks to things they didn't build and are not related to in any way.

5. Cultural heritage sites were not supposed to purely represent culture. It's also a way of representing land and population. The reason I don't have land in this formula is that if I did, Russia and Canada would get a huge bonus they don't deserve, because a lot of the land they own is uninhabitable. Cultural heritage sites work perfectly because there are a lot more UNESCO heritage sites in Italy, than the Canadian North or Siberia

Mapuche: 757
Kongo: 1,122
Great Zimbabwe: 395
Songhai: 389
Mali: 889
Scythia: 9301 (I must admit I wasn't expecting that)
Chola: 4337

Lol Scythia?! I presume you counted the whole of Asia and its billions in the PC resulting in the score? The geographic area included in the PC serves to push up the score rather considerably (Like Australia as a continent in its own right getting 50-something versus including the surrounding region shoving it up to well over 1000)

Lol Scythia?! I presume you counted the whole of Asia and its billions in the PC resulting in the score? The geographic area included in the PC serves to push up the score rather considerably (Like Australia as a continent in its own right getting 50-something versus including the surrounding region shoving it up to well over 1000)
The main reason it did so well is it's hugeness and the huge amount of cultural heritage sites in that area (but I think I screwed something up, can someone double check this please

That's probably, at best, a rough estimation. The Scythians are not that well-known. It's not entirely clear if they referred to one group of people, an alliance of tribes, or if it was just a generic term for people in the area.

That's probably, at best, a rough estimation. The Scythians are not that well-known. It's not entirely clear if they referred to one group of people, an alliance of tribes, or if it was just a generic term for people in the area.

Yeah, that's why I felt weird about doing them at all, I think I'll remove them for now as well as Chola

Can this formula be changed to give bonus to Civilizations based on the region where they are . I think these bonus can be like this:

- If the Civilization is/was located in a region that have been never represented in Civ series,multiply their result by 2;
- If the Civilization is/was located in a region that isn't represented in Civ5,multiply their result by 1,5;
- If the Civilization is/was located in a region represented by only 1 Civilization in Civ5,multiply their result by 1;
- If the Civilization is/was located in a region represented by 2 or more civs in Civ5,multiply their result by 0,5;

Guess these numbers can be changed . What do you think?

Can this formula be changed to give bonus to Civilizations based on the region where they are . I think these bonus can be like this:

- If the Civilization is/was located in a region that have been never represented in Civ series,multiply their result by 2;
- If the Civilization is/was located in a region that isn't represented in Civ5,multiply their result by 1,5;
- If the Civilization is/was located in a region represented by only 1 Civilization in Civ5,multiply their result by 1;
- If the Civilization is/was located in a region represented by 2 or more civs in Civ5,multiply their result by 0,5;

Guess these numbers can be changed . What do you think?

Good idea, this is what I had in mind with the C/PC part of the formula. I think the /PC is important because Asia deserves more civs than Oceania. Do you have an idea for what the smaller regions could be?

Perhaps something like this:

For American Continent:

- Eastern North America ;
- Western North America
- Central America;
- Western South America,mainly represented by Andes;
- Eastern South America;

For European Continent,it can be:

- Western Europe;
- Scandinavia;
- Eastern Europe;
- Mediterranean,which also includes civilization from Middle East which happens to have their capital on Mediterranean Border;

For Africa,it can be:
- Saharan Africa;
- The transition area between Saharan Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Horn of Africa;
- Central Africa(which includes all the Civilizations which happens to have a Non-coastal Capital) ;
- Western Coast of Africa
- Eastern Coast of Africa;
- Southern Africa;

For Asia,it can be:

- Middle East side(which don't include Israel and Lebanon because they are consider Mediterranean)
- Indian Sub Continent;
- Central Asia;
- Inland Southern Asia;
- Malay Archipelago;
- Far East;
- Siberia;

These divisions are hard to make and it's quite easy to make mistakes . Any suggestion and fixs are welcome .

- The transition area between Saharan Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa;

Sahel is the word you're looking for. Also, I'd say Africa is too subdivided.

- Indian Sub Continent;
- Inland Southern Asia;
- Malay Archipelago;

Perhaps it would work better as "Southern Asia" (~Indian Subcontinent) and "Southeast Asia" (~Myanmar to Indonesia).

It's a nice idea, by the way.

I would like to know the numbers you used for the Chola. Seems excessive.

Sahel is the word you're looking for. Also, I'd say Africa is too subdivided.

Thanks . If Africa is too divided,then I think I could remove Southern Africa,because their frontier with Central Africa is too confusing and also removing the Eastern coast of Africa . With these Changes,the division of Africa is like this:

- Saharan Africa;
- Sahel;
- Horn of Africa;
- Central Africa(also includes Eastern Coast of Africa);
- Western Coast of Africa;

I guess it's better now .

Perhaps it would work better as "Southern Asia" (~Indian Subcontinent) and "Southeast Asia" (~Myanmar to Indonesia).

It's a nice idea, by the way.

Thanks . I think it'd be better to keep with Indian Subcontinent,because they aren't so much in the south as Malay Archipelago .

I feel like everything is way too divided. If we keep it like this almost every region will have 0 or 1 civs on it.

How does this look to you guys (UN subregions)

Edit: Melanesia, Polynesia, Micronesia, Australia and New Zealand should be combined to one region also, Central America and carribean

That works for me, pretty much what I had. A few changes, though. I would move Iran to the Middle East and, for historical purposes, the Asian part of Russia should be with Central Asia (I don't think this will matter much, though).

That works for me, pretty much what I had. A few changes, though. I would move Iran to the Middle East and, for historical purposes, the Asian part of Russia should be with Central Asia (I don't think this will matter much, though).

I would agree with you, but Wikipedia already has an article on the regions as they are, so I would leave it as it is to make everything easier.

Top Bottom