NEW Handicap's

Fix Done SO.

JosEPh

:salute: Your Welcome :old: . :D

JosEPh ;)

Hi everybody, I am curious about this modmod. Would somebody be able to basically summarize the status of it as of now? How effective? etc etc. I am reading through it but I am not really sure where its at thanks!

Hi everybody, I am curious about this modmod. Would somebody be able to basically summarize the status of it as of now? How effective? etc etc. I am reading through it but I am not really sure where its at thanks!

Its already in the core for option as a module, all you need to do is WHEN you start a game select "Nightmare mod",

what it is, is a raising of DIFFICULTY levels by 2 tiers in each level of handicaps.
Meaning Settler would now be Noble skill level, Noble would be Monarch, etc etc . . thx for asking . . .SO:)

Does that mean you could play immortal with its difficulty upped by 2 levels without the computer starting with 2 settlers?

Does that mean you could play immortal with its difficulty upped by 2 levels without the computer starting with 2 settlers?

I have never seen any level except "settler" that has anything more than 1 settler . .unless you use advanced start . .

but again ALL levels are 2 tiers up than normal core handicaps / /

what it is, is a raising of DIFFICULTY levels by 2 tiers in each level of handicaps.
Meaning Settler would now be Noble skill level, Noble would be Monarch, etc etc . . thx for asking . . .SO:)

Not played Nightmare yet - but I assume there are some other crucial differences, other than just increasing the difficulty level by 2. If not, instead of playing 'Settler-Nightmare' - just play 'Noble'. :confused:

Not played Nightmare yet - but I assume there are some other crucial differences, other than just increasing the difficulty level by 2. If not, instead of playing 'Settler-Nightmare' - just play 'Noble'. :confused:

It was mainly set up for those players that usually play on Deity, now they have 2 more levels they can play. .

It was mainly set up for those players that usually play on Deity, now they have 2 more levels they can play. .

Is it not possible to just add in new difficulty levels then, so that these new difficulty levels can be used when using the difficulty changing option from the BUG menu (the one that changes your difficulty depending on how well you are doing)? If not could you replace the first two levels with these (I'm pretty sure no one plays on settler anyway)?

Is it not possible to just add in new difficulty levels then, so that these new difficulty levels can be used when using the difficulty changing option from the BUG menu (the one that changes your difficulty depending on how well you are doing)? If not could you replace the first two levels with these (I'm pretty sure no one plays on settler anyway)?

Sorry, i dont understand what u are saying?? :old:

Sorry, i dont understand what u are saying??
Why aren't the levels just accessible from the drop down slider, instead of being added to the options menu.

This would allow these new difficulty levels to be used when using the BUG menu option flexible difficulty.

However, if the amount of difficulty levels is hard coded into the game why don't you just replace these two levels with the first two levels as I am pretty sure no one plays on settler anyway. ;)

Why aren't the levels just accessible from the drop down slider, instead of being added to the options menu.

This would allow these new difficulty levels to be used when using the BUG menu option flexible difficulty.

However, if the amount of difficulty levels is hard coded into the game why don't you just replace these two levels with the first two levels as I am pretty sure no one plays on settler anyway. ;)

If your talking about coding, i have no idea how to do that (you'd have to ask TB on that??)he is VERY VERY busy, and now he has started a new job also) in the discussion thread . .,
and that of the 1st two wont be fair since, Nightmare, already starts as Warlord and Noble, so then you'd have 2 of the same things, 2 Warlords and 2 Nobles, doesnt make sense . .

All he's really suggesting is 'why didn't we just add 2 more levels past deity?'

I guess we could do that, but right now at the moment i cant remember why i didnt do that, :old:

I believe it might have been because WE changed ALOT of stuff in the beginning and as a result that did not work out well . . .

I know the property values are a little easier to work with with the nightmare mode. This is the one place where things aren't EXACTLY 2 levels different across the board.

Nightmare mode is only relevant for deity and perhaps immortal (but that is a stretch).

Why not remove nightmare mode altogether, and

-make the new deity level as hard as current deity+nightmare,
-make new emperor and new immortal somewhere between current emperor/immortal, and current emperor/immortal plus nightmare mode, in order not to make the difference between the difficulty levels too big.
-and leave everything easier than Emperor unchanged?

That would streamline difficulty level tremendously.

Top Bottom