New info from the BNW pre-load (July 2nd 2013)

Thank you Very much

Some other remaining questions

Has Harbor changed? (lighthouse has a "1 production from sea resources", and there is the new trade mechanism)
Bank changed? (since market has)
Stock exchange?
Airport?
Statue of Liberty?
Statue of Zeus? (perhaps Honor is buffed through this?)
Oracle (free policies seem cheaper)?
Neuwenshtien?? (given new tourism mechanic)

effect under
Printing Press? (assumed World Congress
Engineering?
Banking?
Combustion?
Railroad?

Also regarding unhappiness, there was (I heard) a screenshot with a Zulu unit with a 2% unhappiness penalty, implying that either

1. the 2% per unhappiness penaly at very unhappy is for each point Over -10
or
2. There are combat penalties for unhappy (perhaps it is only -1% per unhappy ... so 0-10 then 20-40)

Moderator Action: Link removed. Do not upload BNW files, link to uploaded BNW files, or solicit the uploading of BNW files. Doing so may be regarded by CFC as a breach of the forum rules on piracy.

Any more interesting new leader flavors?

What new flavors were added? Maybe one that focuses on building archeologists for example?

i have no idea, i saw somebody post it somewhere. i know shaka has a war flavor of 8, but that's it

What I really meant was where in the files (for Mac) would the music be found?? And really, everything?

No idea about Mac. I found it in the steam folder. Search your computer files for "Expansion2"

Anyway, can anyone play the new music in iTunes and post what the "real" titles are? Like how Russia's theme was The Montagues and the Capulets and how England's was Jupiter.
^^^^^

Unlike G&K there isn't a "soundtrack" folder with mp3. The music is only available as "ogg", game files that are simply named as "x war" "x peace" and nothing else.

I'm a bit disappointed, surprised, and confused with some of the choices for Great Works...

"Demoiselles d'Avignon" instead of "Guernica" for Picasso?
"Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" instead of "The Magic Flute" for Mozart?
For some reason "Hunters in the Snow" and "Tower of Babel" are both Great Works, but Pieter Brueghel the Elder created both of them! I thought it was one per person?
"Luncheon of the Boating Party" instead of "Dancing at the Moulin de la Galette" for Renoir. Very understandable, both are extremely famous, but I just wish it were the dancing instead of the luncheon. (Though Maria Theresa would beg to differ)
"Portrait of Binto Altovini" instead of the world-famous "School of Athens" for Raphael? I've never even heard of Binto Altovini.
"Cathedrale Englouitie" instead of "Clair de Lune" for Debussy? While I do like the Sunken Cathedral, Clair de Lune is obviously one of the most famous pieces in the world.

Oh and NO SCHUBERT??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

On the other hand, I am very happy to see the Caprice No. 24 and lots of nice East Asian Great Works!

Anyway, can anyone play the new music in iTunes and post what the "real" titles are? Like how Russia's theme was The Montagues and the Capulets and how England's was Jupiter.

To play the music in iTunes you have to download an ogg. to mp3. file converter and drag the ogg. files into it. I used Switch (download @ http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html ) and it worked flawlessly, though you do have to leave the computer on and in the charger because it takes a while. Then move the mp3 files into iTunes!

As a PS, none of you viewing the files have a Mac, do you? If so I'd be delighted to know how you did it, 'cuz I can't get it.

To play the music in iTunes you have to download an ogg. to mp3. file converter and drag the ogg. files into it. I used Switch (download @ http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html ) and it worked flawlessly, though you do have to leave the computer on and in the charger because it takes a while. Then move the mp3 files into iTunes!

The "real titles" show up at the bottom of the GnK mp3s when you play them in VLC, that's probably easier.

I want my Schubert! I want to hear Der Erlkönig!

I am surprised that there is no Percy Bysshe Shelley (Ozymandias would be fun to read) or the other two Great Chinese Classical Novels (Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Journey to the West).

Bazooka
X-COM squad
Archeologist
Caravan
Cargo Ship

These are the only new "regular" units that everyone can build.

The previously announced carriers that can carry more aircrafts come in the form of promotions for the already existing carriers.

It seems the first upgrade has no prerequisites and each subsequent upgrade requires the first.

So Basically if you build a carrier inside a city that gives 3 promotions from start you can get
Fly deck 1, Fly deck 2, Fly deck 3, and you carrier will be able to take 6 aircrafts.

EDIT: Correction. Carriers now can take only 2 aircrafts by default. You need at least a barrack to have them on par with the vanilla ones. You can improve them to 5 capacity.

Top Bottom