[R&F] New Leaks (new civ Cree, new alt leader Chandragupta Maurya of India)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxhe

Prince
Apparantly, some staffs from 2K(China) made a mistake by uploading the two First Looks to youku.com. Those FLs are removed soon but the cover pages are still there.

The Cree (Cree: Nēhiyaw; French: Cri) are one of the largest groups of First Nations in North America, with over 200,000 members living in Canada (from wiki). They seem to have an unique improvement that provides housing and production. In addition to that, the UI also enjoys adjacent gold and food bonus from Luxury resource and Bonus resource, repectively.

Chandragupta Maurya (reign: 321–298 BCE) was the founder of the Maurya Empire in ancient India (from wiki). He's ability was not revealed.

leak1.jpg

leak2.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get this information from, exactly? I know of the Cree and Indian leader leak, but everything else?

This would make me so happy. A more serious leader for India so I might actually play them and north America really needed a native tribe. Cree are a great choice in my opinion. Covers the Canada area of the map for TSL and really did span nearly the entire country.

Chandragupta please be real. My Indian empire will be realized soon enough.

If real, I’m thinking he’d have some war focus and statecraft. Maybe a bonus to governors?

Taken from a site giving a quick history on the Cree, the most likely leaders would probably be Chief Poundmaker, Chief Big Child, Starblanket, Flash in the Sky, Chief Big Bear, Chief Fine Day, or Chief Cut Nose.

CREE <3 <3 <3 <3

CHANDRAGUPTA MAURYA <3 <3 <3

I hope this is true. :mischief:

Where did you get this information from, exactly? I know of the Cree and Indian leader leak, but everything else?

I have updated my first post with the cover pages. The Chinese written at the bottom of the screen in each image describes the UI of Cree and the leader name of India

I'd be surprised if they had a Cree leader who was active during the North-West Rebellion, and not Louis Riel of the Métis... who started it. It's a bit weird, but hey, I've been wanting a Cree civ for so so long, but I didn't think it'd ever happen because there had always been a very clear American bias for the native civ selections... even for Polynesia.

I have updated my first post with the cover pages. The Chinese written at the bottom of the screen in each image describes the UI of Cree and the leader name of India

Thank you!

Chandragupta please be real. My Indian empire will be realized soon enough.

If real, I’m thinking he’d have some war focus and statecraft. Maybe a bonus to governors?

Or some sort of religious bonus? He became a monk at some point and Firaxis might want to emphasize this, although it would be quite redundant with Gandhi's ULA...

The Cree's colour scheme looks akin to that of Colonialist Legacies' Dene.
Anyway, glad to see we're getting North American natives, for some reason I find it more fascinating to play as natives rather than established nation-states. I've wanted Firaxis to try their hand at doing the Sámi, but not for this game - don't need Europe to be more crowded than it already is.

Cree leader is the Headband leader from the same screenshot that spoiled Mongols.

I assume these will be the next two First Looks then. I don't know why they were uploaded ahead of time by the Chinese, but they are probably set to auto-upload on Youtube over the next few weeks to alleviate labor during the holidays.

The India colors appear to be the inverse of Gandhi. And the Cree and green and blue.

Wow. Cree wasn't on my long list. Time to do a deep dive of research. All I know off the top of my head is that they're Algonquin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom