New Middle Earth Mods

PayMeInGum

Chieftain
I created a Middle Earth adaptation from Fall from Heaven last year. Unfortunately it was on an old comp that broke. I am trying to upload a Middle Earth scenario that I made but I don't know how to. I have played the scenario online and everyone who's played with me have raved about it. I called the scenario: War of the Ring- South.

Here's the header I prepared for the scenario:

"The War of the Ring- South.

Welcome to Middle Earth. I made a middle earth mod about a year ago using ffh. Unfortunately, that mod was on my old comp which broke. This scenario is adapted from warlords and is therefore compatible with civ4 warlords. This map is only in the south. The map stretches from isengard down to umbar and from mordor to the west coast. The game should be set to marathon so you can't build guns before the game is over.

Religion:
Religions represent ideologies or races in this game. Mordor is home one. Gondor controls another. Isengard and the elves also control their own. Use your religion to spread your influence and use your prophets to build holy building so you can make money. Some civs cannot survive without using their religious benefits.

THIS MAP/SCENARIO IS A PROTOTYPE SO PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTTIONS.

The civ names are the original ones but here is the list of civ adaptations:

Rome- Gondor
Mongolia- Rohan
Arabia- Rhun
Carthage- Corsairs of Umbar/ Haradrim
Vikings-Isengard
Greece- Elf contingency
Celtia- Men of Rhovonion
Mali- Orc tribes
Zulu- Mordor

What you should do with whatever civ you control:

Gondor:
You control a large empire, but you're broke. Your troops are striking and the 1st to go may be your knights of Dol Amroth unless you can cut costs. The forces of evil are at your doorstep. Defend your crossings over the Anduin river at Cair Andros and Osgiliath. You will surely lose the game if you lose those crossing before you can acquire iron to build the feared Tower Guard(pretorian). If you can build pretorian before Minas Tirith is taken by the enemy, you may very well end up winning the game. You are teamed with Rohan. Minas Tirith is the home of Men of the West ideology(christianity). Use an prophet you get to build "The Return of the King"(nativity) or you will be poor the entire game.

Rohan:
Isengard has declared war on you. They have powerful berserker units, but you have something they don't: Horses. Use your Rohirrim(keishik) to strategically pick off enemy troops along the border. Isengard is easy to defeat as long as you don't lose your horsemen. Don't wait too long before you destroy isengard; Isengard is deisel. Once it warms up, it will destroy you. You are teamed with Gondor. Gondor looks tough on the map, but it is weaker than you. Be sure to help Gondor secure its borders or you will both surely lose.

Rhun:
You are the northernmost ally to the forces of evil. You begin the game with powerful cavalry(immortals) and one Mumakill(war elephants). Be sure you work as a team with your allies to conquer Gondor before Gondor can acquire iron. Attack right from the start of the game or you may lose. The Men of Rhovonion are your neighbors but you are not at war yet. Gain their friendship before your enemies or outright destroy them, your choice. However, Gondor and Rohan may enjoy the distraction Rhovanion can be for you. If you want to build elephants you must undertake the project of building trade routes between you and Harad far to the south. This means taking control of everything east of the anduin river.

Corsairs of Umbar/ Haradrim:
You are the exiled pirates and elephant trainers of the southern deserts of Harad. You may feel rather weak and far from the fight in the beginning but if you reach far and commit your troops to war against Gondor right from the start you will gain some cities if not Minas Tirith itself. Utilize your Mumakill(war elephants) in the beginning. Work with your team of Rhun and Mordor to take Gorndorian cities. Use your powerful navy to also attack Gondor from the rear. Without you, Sauron's forces are weak. Beware of Barbarians surrounding your cities. Guard your resources.

Isengard:
You are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Isengard is the hardest to play as and timing is important. You are at war with the horse-lords, but can counter them. You begin the game with a pikeman and a Berserker. Do not lose them or you will fail. Defend yourself before you attack Helm's Deep. Expand your empire to the west before you commit to an invasion of Rohan. Isengard will grow slowly but once you get access to Iron and siege equipment you are unstoppable. You are allied with no one. If you destroy Gondor and Rohan, you will be up against Sauron for control of Middle Earth.

Elven Contingency:
The Elves of Lorien have set up Camp just north of Rauros. They have come to fight the forces of evil. You start out with 3 great people, use then how you wish. Your job is to support the forces of good. If you wish to be ambitious and take over all of middle earth, that is your prerogative and you can begin by taking lands that were taken by the enemy. good luck, you will need it.

Men of Rhovonion:
You are set up north of the dead marshes. You control 2 towns and are allied with no one. Whoever you ally with, you will become a front line. Your most immediate threat is Rhun. Focus on defense and moving your civilization to a different area if you come under attack. You are the only civ that relies on diplomacy for survival. Make good choices.

Orc Tribes:
You are a vassal to Mordor and have 2 cities inside Mordor with a posible 3rd if you can take a barbarian town right away. Do what Sauron wants if you wish to survive in the beginning. Remember though, the point of the game is to win. To win, you may need to rebel against Mordor, Rhun, and Harad and create a new Mordor. Just don't weeken the forces of evil too much to where the good side destroys you.

Mordor:
You are the powerful Mordor. You begin with 2 great generals, 1 great prophet, and 1 great engineer. Use the prophet to build the tower of Barad-dur and make money from your religion. Your cities have high productive capacity and buildings like the pentagon to promote your units. You are living in a wasteland so your cities will never get very large. Rely on military power to win the game. Attack Gondor outright or you may lose the game entirely. If you can take Osgiliath and plunder the countryside west of the anduin river, Gondor may become too weak and vulnerable to defend itself. As long as Gondor holds the river, it is strong. Pierce that barrier with your orcs and evil can spill in. If Gondor gets a Great Prophet and builds its religious building, waste no time to attack fore Gonder may become strong. Do not let Gondor Build its Tower Guard!

ENJOY! :) "

Let me know what you guys think so far. I'm still working on it ((changing names, graphics, units, etc..) PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPLOAD IT!

Best,
PayMeInGum

Dude, you're in the wrong forum part, any way , in your post time you should click "go advanced" instead of "post Quick Reply" and choose the atachments button (just seach for that you 'll find it ...) Good luck !

Dude, you're in the wrong forum part

If he's making a Lotr scenario, then he's right here ;).
I suppose that it's not that far away from finishing, so it can stay here.

And, oh, yes: Welcome to CFC, PayMeInGum :).

You don't, because it doesn't exist.

Maybe you will want to try this instead (work in progress). There's a patch available in post #110 on last page, don't forget to apply it.

Top Bottom